The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

I've got a very bad feeling about today. If we don't get at least two wickets in the morning, I think we're fucked.

This is why I never listen to you about anything :laugh:

• Paid Members
I've got a very bad feeling about today. If we don't get at least two wickets in the morning, I think we're fucked.

If you weren't expecting the worst this morning then what kind of English cricket fan do you call yourself, eh?

If you weren't expecting the worst this morning then what kind of English cricket fan do you call yourself, eh?

But going into today Australia only had 4 wickets left and it did look as if the match was going against them despite the partnership between Haddin and Clarke.

But going into today Australia only had 4 wickets left and it did look as if the match was going against them despite the partnership between Haddin and Clarke.

I've learnt to never count the Aussies out, was nice to see a little class from Ponting, we English will gloat however as it isn't often we win test matches let alone Australia at Lords.

Edited by Yoghurt

They had 5 left. Obviously we were still huge favourites at the start of the day, but it was perfectly normal to feel pretty jittery about the game. If they'd got through to lunch having lost only one wicket, then we probably would have been fucked like Setting Sun said.

Not a huge loss really, as he was struggling a lot in this series and not really contributing.

Bell's average in county this season is good, so in all honesty he'll probably be more of an asset than a struggling Pietersen.

• Paid Members

I think they were trying to pull Pietersen through to the end of the Ashes on one leg, but not to be. Bell will be the natural replacement but he should feel more comfortable batting at 4 or 5 instead of at 3 where he's never looked comfortable.

At the minute Flintoff has all eyes on him and is clearly a big inspiration to crowd/team with it being also his last series, so he'd be a bigger dissapointment right now for me.

Also as said he weren't in the best form and hasn't been really for quite some time now, certainly not that 'game-changing' form which has made him almost irreplacable at times, so right now i see it as much of a dissapointment as if any of the batsmen were injured. I suppose it gives Bell another and perhaps last chance for a while to prove himself and i hope he takes it.

im gutted about Pieterson being ruled out, but i think Ian Bell will do a job for us (well i hope) as he's a nice fella and deserves a bit of good fortune at international level, not forgetting he is 2nd in the county averages this season at the moment.

my tickets for the first day at edgbaston came today, im more excited than my nephew who im taking with me :D