The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

Superb session there. All round great bowling performance when the ball still isn't doing loads. The pressure built and there were some ordinary shots from the Aussies. Everything pretty much clicked. Hopefully get them to follow-on and see how they go 2nd time round, it'll be tough to do it again but hopefully they should. Without the 47 from Onions and Anderson they'd already be very close to avoiding the follow-on.This whole lights business adds more sillyness and confusion to cricket though. Both teams agree to play under them and they still go off and players still moan about shadows etc. Either not bother with it and don't agree or get on with it.

I have several spare pants at the ready today. But yeah my natural pessimism thinks it isn't looking good. If these two even put on another 50 i think it could be game over and that 4th innings record will be smashed by 100. If we get one early then i think we'll get the momentum back. Gonna be a tight one though!

• Paid Members

The thing is that we actually bowled pretty well yesterday but they batted really well and this is still a very good pitch. Need some results with the new ball.

• Paid Members

Yes, great bowling from Flintoff but a good team performance - almost everyone chipped in, which was good, and Swann also bowled really well - far better than at Cardiff.

I think England will stay unchanged for the next match barring injuries although I might consider Sidebottom in for Onions for some variety. If Pietersen isn't fit, Bell should come in. I reckon Australia might play 5 bowlers and we might see Lee come in for North.