The Official UKFF Top 50 Games List

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I've yet to have anything make the list, but i wouldn't say anything shouldn't have its place so far. I thought the first 2 GH games were batter than 3 but i assume one of them may place higher too.

Edited by Tommy!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
2 games, 2 quotes :). I'm surprised at the GH3 hate - it dropped out of my list at the very last minute (alongside Lemmings, funnily enough). I think y'all are right - it was my cherry popping into GH and therefore has a place in my heart.

Majik

Perhaps I was being unfair, I dont really HATE it, I still spent countless hours with it and some of the songs (Cliffs of Dover, Stricken and Bulls On Parade especially) were great fun to play....I think you just got a sense when Neversoft took over that it was being made for quick cash rather than Harmonix's games which you can tell are made by people who love the genre.

• Awards Moderator
The replacement is from FF7, I think >:

Lul.

Cos I hate the series, I can't tell one from another. I have to rely on people labelling them correctly. I'll just delete the second picture and have done with the bloody thing!

I marked out a little to see a quote from Mean Machines.

As outstanding as the original Shenmue was, I preferred Shenmue II and voted for that. I doubt it'll appear higher in the chart though, as even if people agreed with me after thinking about it, they probably just voted for the first game to represent the (tragically incomplete) series.

I marked out a little to see a quote from Mean Machines.

I did the same for the Amiga World quote.

Anyway, those ten were a real mixed bag, SMB3 clearly being the highlight, it being probably my second favourite of the core Mario games. Sadly I don't think the one I went for will be more popular. Monkey Island is also more than deserving of its place. It's not the humorous point-and-click I went for, but I'm a big fan of the series, so I hope to see more of them higher up.

I expect Resi 1 and 4 are still to come, and I didn't see the original Halo coming, but I guess 2 will also appear now. Suppose I shouldn't be too shocked by WoW either, but it never crossed my mind when compiling my list. So, apart from that, another footie sim gets in, plus a few more games I'm sure are all right but I've never been too bothered about. Pretty much only the presence of a Guitar Hero game in there is even remotely objectionable. Never got the appeal of that genre at all.

I didn't see the original Halo coming, but I guess 2 will also appear now.

why?

it was the worst in the series, from both a multiplayer and single player POV.

it's the reason Halo 3 has a theatre mode, and a huge contributor to the reason you can report cheaters on live with a few button presses.

Edited by MRMIdAS

• Moderators
Being quoted was nice, but reading it back, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense :(

Tell me about it; mine was the long rambling quote for COD4 (complete with censorship and all, as it was sent from my work email address!)... Nice to see it there though.

2 of my picks have made it so far; SFIV and COD4. Also incidentally the two newest games on my list.

As far as GH goes; none of them made my final list, but GH3 is my favourite of the series. The earlier ones had those awful soulless and unlistenable cover versions of songs that each sucked a respective big fat one.

• Awards Moderator
complete with censorship and all, as it was sent from my work email address!)

I left the censorship in, it was cute!

As far as GH goes; none of them made my final list, but GH3 is my favourite of the series. The earlier ones had those awful soulless and unlistenable cover versions of songs that each sucked a respective big fat one.

That is totally unfair of the first one certainly, most of those covers were awesome.

• Moderators

Fair enough.. I haven't played the first one, just GH2. I made an assumption and then pretty much lied. My bad! I am willing to accept that the covers might have been better in GH1 than GH2 for some reason..

I've got this real urge to play "Cliffs of Dover" now that I've been thinking about Guitar Hero....

I didn't see the original Halo coming, but I guess 2 will also appear now.

why?

it was the worst in the series, from both a multiplayer and single player POV.

it's the reason Halo 3 has a theatre mode, and a huge contributor to the reason you can report cheaters on live with a few button presses.

Yeah, I'm shocked to see Halo this low down. I assumed it'd be a lot higher. If Halo 2 comes the top of the series, some of you need your head examined! It'll be interesting to see what FPSes come in above Cod4 and Halo.

Some good titles so far - Mario 3 and Silent Hill 2 are both worthy.

Good shit so far, Black2 you hunk of gorgeousness.

I didn't vote for Halo 2 but it does get a slightly raw deal - remove the Arbiter levels from the equation and the single player campaign is awesome.

it's not the substance, more that I've had wanks longer that H2's campaign.

Absolutely nothing from my list so far, which I assume means I've picked stuff nobody else likes, or hugely hugely popular titles. Looking back over my top 15, I predict over half will appear in the actual top 15.

Great, great work so far Black2. Thanks.