Varg Vikernes Released

Psygnosis

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the whole murder thing, I don't think you can fuss over that too much. I mean the other bloke was a mental who was planning to torture him and stuff, that's fair game for some killing to my mind.

The whole nazi thing peturbs me though, I wouldn't support him as result of that.

Free download though? That's fair enough, nothing wrong with ripping off a nazi.

• 1 month later...

Not long until the Burzum complilation album is released (next Monday to be exact);

7YZ9e.jpg

The Coming (introduction)

Feeble Screams from Forests unknown

Sassu Wunnu (introduction)

Ea. Lord of the Depths

Spell of Destruction

A lost forgotten sad Spirit

My Journey to the Stars

Call of the Siren (introduction)

Key to the Gate

Turn the Sign of the Microcosm (Snu Mikrokosmos' Tegn)

Channeling the Power of Minds into a new God

From the samples i've heard it's not that great, nothing really sounds much different from the original tracks.

Is that right? I've been avoiding listening to any of it online, but I'll maybe search out a few tracks to listen to before I throw down my money.

Just got this through the post.

As with most "re-recorded" albums/compilations, its nothing thats going to gain many new fans. The overall sound of the album is definately an improvement from the original tracks, but when you think about how raw those tracks sounded in the first place, thats not really saying much.

Best song on the album is 'Spell Of Destruction', I have always loved that track. Honourable mentions for 'Ea,Lord of the Depths', 'My Journey To The Stars' and 'Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown'

• 4 months later...

Well the new album has been leaked and i'm near the end as i type, i can't really say much as it's been on in the background and no tracks have caught my attention in the slightest. In other words it's a total borefest with the dullest vocals i've heard in a long time, both clean and harsh.

• Paid Members

i read something about Varg not long ago in which he confronted the controversy of him re-recording the classic Burzum tracks, Varg pretty much says that the reason why he's done it is because the original recordings were so bad. Most people thing the quality of the originals it what makes them what they are but Varg's pretty much admitted that it probably wasn't the bands intention, it's just the best they could manage.

oh and he's a prize bellend for sure.

• 2 months later...
Well the new album has been leaked and i'm near the end as i type, i can't really say much as it's been on in the background and no tracks have caught my attention in the slightest. In other words it's a total borefest with the dullest vocals i've heard in a long time, both clean and harsh.

Having now listened to the album a few times, I have to say that I disagree. It has grown on me, and whilst I certainly wouldn't say it's his best, it's certainly a decent piece of work.

Archived