Varg Vikernes Released

Psygnosis

I don't think even hardcore harry (I'll admit I'm not reading his posts properly), is defending Varg as a person. Obviously he's an utterly reprehensible, murdering racist piece of shit.

It's just he happens to make great music, which I enjoy listening to, but won't give him any money for.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Just to clarify, I think Black Metal is the drizzling shits. I was merely making a point about some music being more challenging sonically.

Don't worry Loki, we know you're far too cool to be listening to Black Metal.

I don't know where this idea that Loki is protecting an image of coolness has come from... He's already told us all that he records lame ass techno music, for one.

Anyway, cheers for the responses guys; I'll check out those links when I get a minute Rob. (probs once I am back home this evening).

I don't know where this idea that Loki is protecting an image of coolness has come from... He's already told us all that he records lame ass techno music, for one.

It's called a playful dig, from one uncool character to another.

I don't think even hardcore harry (I'll admit I'm not reading his posts properly), is defending Varg as a person.

I don't really have any opinion on him as a person to be honest.

His views are his views, and he's entitled to think what he likes. He did kill someone, in self-defence as far as he's concerned, but i'm not really up to speed on the details of what happened, so i'm really not bothered either way.

I like his music though, so i'll listen to it, regardless of what people may think.

• Moderators

It's called a playful dig, from one uncool character to another.

Yeah, I was joking also... I think Seven was right; I shouldn't try to be funny :/

• 3 months later...

For anyone who may be interested, there is a pretty decent torrent available of the "Until The Light Takes Us" documentary now, available from the usual places.

It features some of the most interesting interviews with Varg i've ever seen and is well worth a watch.

My techno is also available from the usual places, since you drag this topic back up.

I bumped the thread because there are people here who are fans of his music, and black metal in general who may be interested in seeing the documentary.

Until you kill someone and grow a cool beard you and your music don't qualify as a valid discussion point in this thread.

I'd never heard of him, so did some revision on Wikipedia earlier.

What a shit! God knows what his musics like; I personally find metal hit and miss depending on it's genre and artists. But he was (is) a nasty piece, and for some reason the OP saying "woot!" in the thread subtitle upsets me, like it's a cause for celebration that a racist murderer is back on the streets!

Say what you like about Rammstein, but they play up to (false) Nazi connotations; they're as left-wing as they come. This Vikernes chap just seems like a rotten egg.

Archived