Varg Vikernes Released

Psygnosis

I give Vikernes around 6 months from the date of his release before someone kills him.

Just thought I'd keep tabs on this, what is it, 2 months down 4 to go?

The Black Metal scene and the Far Left have one thing in common - they are all pussies. That's why he's still alive, not one of them has the balls to kill him. I'm always right about this sort of thing and have never been proved wrong once, no one is knocking me off this high horse because they are all gay little girly girls who wouldn't hurt a fly.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Although not a fan of his music, I must admit I'm interested to hear what direction any forthcoming releases will be heading in.

Bluegrass.

Old tyme bluegrass lyrics would suit him down to the ground, good shout! In other news.

Varg Vikernes, the notoriously violent

Yeah, I saw that on another forum.

The following is Vikernes actual review of the book in question;

There is much that can and should be said about this book. Initially I intended to unveil all the lies in this book in a thorough and systematic review, but when I had written twelve pages and still had only gone through 80 pages of the 400-page book I gave up. There are better things to do in life than diving into such a pool of mud.

I dare say the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me!

The authors could have avoided this easily before they ever published this book, but they chose not to. Why? If they had done something as simple as to ask me about the different rumors and accusation I would have been able to make it clear that the information they had received was not true. Had they done some proper research that would have lead to the same conclusion. They didn't because the result would have been a far less intriguing book, containing fewer amazing stories and causing less confusion. Now why would the authors want that to happen? They want to sell books and most likely they have their own political or religious agenda too - like we all have.

When I use the term "confusion" I am thinking about the impression I got from reading this book. There are so many contradictions in this book it can confuse just about anybody. The information provided to us in the book doesn't make sense! We don't get the information we need for it to make sense. The whole book is littered with contradictions and of course to me it makes sense, because I know what is true and what is not, but to any other reader it must be very confusion.

Further it is clear to me that the authors are very selective when it comes to their use of sources for the book. They never interview people who can easily invalidate or undermine their own spectacular theories and further ignore all facts that would have made it clear to the reader that they are way of track! A good example is their speculations regarding the motivations for burning churches. Why do they discuss pyromania as a possible motivation? What on Earth makes these two amateur-writers believe they have seen something the psychiatrists didn't see? If pyromania had been a motivation I can assure you the psychiatrists would have told the media, and media would have told us! The truth is that they ruled pyromania out completely as a motivation after talking to the suspected arsonists. Moynihan's and S

• 6 months later...
It's been 11 long years and now the world will see the return of Burzum. The highly anticipated new album is entitled "Belus" after the name of the ancient European solar deity of light and innocence. "Belus" is not a religious album or an anti-religious album, nor is it a political one, but an attempt to explore the myths about Belus and unveil the oldest roots of our cultural heritage. The album deals with the death of Belus, his sombre journey through the realm of death and his magnificent return. In essence the album and the story of Belus is meant to be an entertaining story about something that once upon a time played a major role in the forming and shaping of Europe.

"The album has been made according to my heart and spirit, and not to fit into any particular genre or category, or to live up to anyone's obvious expectations". The music can best be compared to the music of some of the old Burzum albums; in particular the ground breaking "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" and the atmospheric brilliances of "Filosofem", only the ambient parts present on these albums has been almost completely left out on "Belus". "There is no special reason for this, other than coincidence and the fact that I have for some time made more and better music on the guitar rather than on the keyboard".

"Inspiration for the album has come from a variety of sources, and I find my inspiration from fairy tales and myths, from classical music, from memories of what once was, from traditional music, from fantasy, from the wind and weather, from deep forests and running water, from the sky and the sunset, from misty mountains and from yellow leaves falling from age old trees".

"My ambition with "Belus" is to create something I - and hopefully others too - can listen to for years and years to come without ever growing tired of it, and at the same time to share with my audience the experience of getting to know Belus, as he might have been perceived by the ancient Europeans". The combination of lyrics and music makes this a fairy tale different from most others, and should appeal to all those who like transcendental music and love to see different things from a different perspective. "If I can make you dream when listening to this album, I believe I have done a good job".

"I am aware of the black metal association with the name Burzum, and I have no real and serious problem with that, but I personally see no reason to place "Belus" in any category. I think "Belus" musically transcends all existing categories, but if I have to choose one - and for the sake of simplicity - I will simply place it in the metal category".

"Belus" will be released worldwide on Byelobog Productions on the 8th March 2010.

Source: Burzum.org

I'll be pre-ordering this for sure.

Can't wait.

Say what you will about Varg, he is a cracking read. Even his wacky pro-Aryan stuff is quite good.

He's an intelligent guy who gets a bit of stick because his views aren't exactly mainstream.

He's an racist idiot murderer, is what he is. Just because he's intelligent doesn't make him sensible or right - a few of the leaders of the BNP have degrees, etc. I remember the Burzum t-shirts with "Support your local SS" on them (or something similar)...oh, and the swastika one. Charming fellas. Anyone who plays the "swastika is an ancient traditional symbol" card will be directed to his racist, murdering views, which coincidentally chime with a recent group who quite liked the swastika.

I tried to read a bit of his refutation of "Lords of Chaos" (which I own, an interesting book) but my eyes just slid off the screen after a few paragraphs. He was shown for the person he really was in that book and all his article was was a vain attempt to rewrite history.

Although I don't agree with Vikernes' views on a lot of things I respect that he's never backed down from a lot of his more controversial opinions and is more than willing to defend his beliefs when challenged. Nick Griffin and the BNP, like Vikernes, may have views which in our topsy turvy multicultural world may be seen as racist, but at least Vikernes is open and honest about it.

Holy shit! "Glemselens Elv" is awesome, best Burzam track since "Det Som Engang Var" imho.

Archived