Varg Vikernes Released

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Filosofem is a masterpiece. The fact that it is repetitive is the point. The goal is to "hypnotize" the listen with the droning repetitive riffs. the ethereal keyboards and the tortured vocals. It's amazing that Varg managed to create such vocals using just a headset. Indeed, 10th March will become a historic date in black metal history. Not only was Varg granted parole, but Infernus confirmed that he had won the rights to the Gorgoroth name.

Just remembered another great Burzum song in "My Journey To The Stars". That riff is SWEET!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm a big fan of Sunn O))), hows my reputation doing? :p - its a very good album definately I shall have to look more in to the Black Metal scene, not a fan of the corpse paint and what have you, but I definately like the music they produce.

but Infernus confirmed that he had won the rights to the Gorgoroth name.

meaning what?? that Gorgoroth won't be called Gorgoroth no more?

No. The gaahl and King versio won't be called Gorgoroth, but the Infernus version will. Which is good, as I imagine they'll make better music and not be ttention whores.

Also, the line I just read about Black Metal "being heavy for the sake of it and requiring little musical ability" is possibly the most wrong statement I've ever read on here.

• Paid Members

I find it hilarious that Infernus' line up reads as follows: Infernus, Pest, Tormentor and....Frank Watkins! Hopefully Gaahl and King will be pissed due to the whole trial business and will get a big kick up the arse musically and make their rawest, most hateful release yet. The last albums were a little stale. Similarly, with the line up the true Gorgoroth, it's likely that the upcoming album will slay. Gaahl and King's incarnation is rumoured to be called "The Force Gorgoroth" by the way. Poor name...

And the aforementioned statement is ludicrious. Minimalism does not = lack of musical ability.

immortal-1.jpg

Sharing is caring:

Immortal - "Sons Of Northern Darkness"

Frostbitten sing-along grimness.

Sunn O))) - "Black One"

Suffocating. Terrifying. Bleak. Everything BM should be.

Emperor - "In The Nightside Eclipse"

The first BM album I ever brought and my favourite Emperor album.

Aborym - "With No Human Intervention"

Unique "Industrial Black Metal" featuring BM figurehead Attila Csihar on vocals.

Ash Pool - "World Turns On Its Hinge"

Fast and raw BM with some catchy hooks and choruses.

I give Vikernes around 6 months from the date of his release before someone kills him.

He's managed to upset not one, but two areas of society that have it's fair share of mental cases, that being the black metal scene and the far left.

There have been hundreds of threats from those areas, and i'm sure someone will be crazy enough to carry it out.

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

He's said it will be more in the vein of the old Burzum style. Recent interview with him, including picture of him with a guitar. About time too

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...apsdom/7051663/

I also read somewhere he's interested in recording some of the songs from Daudi Baldrs in the old style

Archived