Varg Vikernes Released

Psygnosis

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm a total Burzum fanboy. I'm ecstatic to hear the album but I will not be downloading it. This is a very special release so I think it deserves waiting an extra couple of weeks for the physical copy. It says a lot that the worst I've heard said about it is "it's alright".

You'll fucking love it mate.

He's an racist idiot murderer, is what he is. Just because he's intelligent doesn't make him sensible or right - a few of the leaders of the BNP have degrees, etc. I remember the Burzum t-shirts with "Support your local SS" on them (or something similar)...oh, and the swastika one. Charming fellas. Anyone who plays the "swastika is an ancient traditional symbol" card will be directed to his racist, murdering views, which coincidentally chime with a recent group who quite liked the swastika.

I tried to read a bit of his refutation of "Lords of Chaos" (which I own, an interesting book) but my eyes just slid off the screen after a few paragraphs. He was shown for the person he really was in that book and all his article was was a vain attempt to rewrite history.

I'm not saying that his views won't offend some, and downright outrage others.

Everyone is entitled to think what they like, and not liking him is your right Morty.

Just as it's my right to think he's an intelligent, interesting character who produces music that shits on most of the stuff floating around today.

I personally agree with a lot of his anti-Christian beliefs, and applaud his championing of the old religions of Europe.

Each to their own though, eh?

I'm a total Burzum fanboy. I'm ecstatic to hear the album but I will not be downloading it. This is a very special release so I think it deserves waiting an extra couple of weeks for the physical copy. It says a lot that the worst I've heard said about it is "it's alright".

I also won't be downloading it, as I very rarely find myself actually excited by an album release these days.

I will be awaiting the postman come release day with my stereo at the ready.

I've also ordered the new t-shirt, which features the album cover.

• Paid Members

Lords of Chaos is widely regarded as a pile of utter shite, with Varg and I believe some of the other featured names, stating a lot of it is pure fiction or sensationalist journalism. There's an article about it on the Burzum site.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/lords_of...os_review.shtml

Edit: Very much agree with your opinions about Vikernes, Harry.

Lords of Chaos is widely regarded as a pile of utter shite, with Varg and I believe some of the other featured names, stating a lot of it is pure fiction or sensationalist journalism. There's an article about it on the Burzum site.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/lords_of...os_review.shtml

Edit: Very much agree with your opinions about Vikernes, Harry.

In the start of the book they ridicule me for my allegedly paranoid conspiracy theories, claiming it is ludicrous to believe the Jews run many important establishments in Norway when there are so few of them in Norway. Well, why would we need many Jews in Norway for them to pull the strings in our society when we have people like S

• Paid Members
I personally agree with a lot of his anti-Christian beliefs, and applaud his championing of the old religions of Europe.

That's not what people are taking issue with, though. Nothing wrong in itself with campaigning for different religions - it's the ignorant, vicious racial supremacist mindset that upsets people.

Although I don't agree with Vikernes' views on a lot of things I respect that he's never backed down from a lot of his more controversial opinions and is more than willing to defend his beliefs when challenged. Nick Griffin and the BNP, like Vikernes, may have views which in our topsy turvy multicultural world may be seen as racist, but at least Vikernes is open and honest about it.

Holy shit! "Glemselens Elv" is awesome, best Burzam track since "Det Som Engang Var" imho.

I'm not sure how never backing down from being a racist is any way worthy of respect. Oh, and he has backed down from at least one - a read of "Lords of Chaos" will reveal he at the very least flitted round the edge of neo-Nazi groups in his earlier career, which he either denies or downplays now.

I'm not sure how never backing down from being a racist is any way worthy of respect. Oh, and he has backed down from at least one - a read of "Lords of Chaos" will reveal he at the very least flitted round the edge of neo-Nazi groups in his earlier career, which he either denies or downplays now.

Morty, quoting "Lords Of Chaos" is akin to using The Sun as a reliable source in the political thread.

Anyone who knows anything about the scene from back then will tell you that the book is a load of sensationalistic nonsense.

Now, i'm not saying that Vikernes isn't a shady character, but you come across as someone who knows next to nothing about the subject apart from what you've read in this one book.

Not the case, i'm sure, but the book is a joke.

That's not what people are taking issue with, though. Nothing wrong in itself with campaigning for different religions - it's the ignorant, vicious racial supremacist mindset that upsets people.

I know what people are taking issue with Carbomb, it's the same things people have been saying about Vikernes for the past 10 years.

As i've said, I don't deny his questionable views, but I also recognise his valid opinions on other matters, and his undoubted musical talent.

Sure, he's not for everyone, but that's just how it goes.

If you don't like him, don't buy his albums or listen to him. Simple as that really.

• Paid Members

I know what people are taking issue with Carbomb, it's the same things people have been saying about Vikernes for the past 10 years.

Surely those things are still relevant if they are what he has adhered to or advocated consistently for the past 10 years?

• Paid Members
Surely those things are still relevant if they are what he has adhered to or advocated consistently for the past 10 years?

Of course they are.

I haven't seen anyone on here saying that they aren't.

It was just the way you worded your last post - obviously I read too much into it, but it read like you were saying that people had been saying the same thing for 10 years, that it was getting old and no longer relevant. My mistake.

It was just the way you worded your last post - obviously I read too much into it, but it read like you were saying that people had been saying the same thing for 10 years, that it was getting old and no longer relevant. My mistake.

I wouldn't say that it's no longer relevant, but it's definately getting old.

The people who agree with the things that Vikernes says, or Vikernes himself, don't care what people say.

My advice would be to just not listen to him or his music if you feel strongly about it.

An interview with Vikernes ahead of the release of Belus;

It's been hardly a year sinсe Varg Vikernes' release from prison and he is already done with the new BURZUM LP. This man was there when Black Metal as we know it took shape. Varg kindly agreed to give an exclusive interview for MetalScript.net answering questions on art and his relations with the world, and in particular - shedding some light on his latest "Belus" LP, to be released on March, 8.

When I've been to Norway I was surprised that almost everyone knows who you are. Doesn't it contradicts your image of an underground musician? How do you feel being one of the most famous Norwegians?

I don't think I have an image of being an underground musician. I have an image of being an uncompromising musician, and I am well known in Norway partly because of that. Oh, and I am not very famous in Norway. I think "infamous" is the word we are looking for... and I don't too much think about it. I live an isolated life, and I rarely meet others.

I know that you are not a big amateur of communication with people, but I think a lot of people identify you on the streets, doesn't them? What do you usually do in that case?

My name is well known, but my image is not, because the image presented to the public is very twisted and far from reality. So, not many recognize me on the street. And I don't usually walk around in the streets either. I live on my farm in a rural area.

Are there many distinctions between the image of "scary and mean Count Grishnakh" in mass media and real person of Varg Vikernes?

Yes. I am much scarier in real life, because I am - unlike the picture most have of me - real.

What do you think is the main reason of your fame - your music career or your scandalous biography? What do you think about it?

Different groups focus on different aspects, so Christians know me for my hostility towards their Jewish religion, metal fans know me for my music, and so forth. My fame stems from music. My infamy from other things...

What is usual reaction of society on you - positive or negative? Have you ever met the occasions of sincere hostile relation to you?

Almost all the individuals I have met have been very positive from the start or became very positive after a short while, and I have not met any sincere hostility for a very long time. Most are surprised to find out that I am nothing like the media-version of me, and I am happy to tell that they all are positively surprised. They expected a complete psychopath, so I guess that's no wonder.

If you have a chance to change something in your yesterlife, will you change something or not? What advice would you like to do to younger "you"?

I would say: "Don't trust your so-called friends; they will betray you." They did.

If your name gets to history schoolbooks what definition would you like to see? How do you think - will people build a monument to you after your death?

Actually, my name has reached Norwegian school books, and they present me as a vile church burning Satanist. But what else can I expect from this rotten regime? I am not concerned about my posthumous fame. Monuments are no good to the dead.

What kind of phenomenon do you think Burzum is first - musical or cultural one? Is the primary object of your creation music or your ideas?

Isn't music culture as well? To me ideas are more important than music on an intellectual level, but on an emotional level music is more important.

You often said that you are not nazist but your music is popular against nazists. How can you explain this? What can you say about musicians who think that political idea is primary an music is only an instrument to spread their ideas?

The ideas on the Burzum albums aren't Nazi, but I think my music is popular with Nazis because they too feel ostracized and alienated in their own countries, and because I too have racist views, so we have much in common. Burzum has Israeli fans too, by the way, but does that make me a Jew? I have female fans too, but I am not them, so it does not make me female... I am not my fans. I am me, and I think it is okay for anyone to like anything. I welcome Nazis to like my music as much as I welcome you to do so.

Most bands who think politics are more important than music make very poor music.

When have you started to create material for "Belus" - during your imprisonment or after the liberation?

Before, during and after.

What shall we wait from "Belus" - return to your raw Black Metal past works such as "Det Som Engang Var" or continuance of your latest ambient works like "Hli

Archived