What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

Justified is becoming a massive chore to finish. It peaked in S2 with the Bennetts, but by S4, it's basically just a less cheap-looking Walker, Texas Ranger, where Raylen's trading punches with bad guys that miss by six inches. That whole Elmore Leonard feel is long gone. Huge disappointment.

• Moderators

Good news for me! I forgot about Modern Family because I got caught up watching King of the Hill and only just remembered, as Season 4 is wrapping up. This means I now have like ten episodes to catch up on.

Watched the first couple last night.. The "Godfather" ending (I think episode 12?) with Phil and Luke was spectacular.

• Moderators
Apparently HBO have given Mike Judge money to make something for them. Feeble lack of details, I know, but frankly whatever he's doing will probably be great.

Awesome! I wonder if it will be animated.

It's a live action, single camera comedy about Zuckerberg-style computer types in Silicon Valley.

Justified is becoming a massive chore to finish. It peaked in S2 with the Bennetts, but by S4, it's basically just a less cheap-looking Walker, Texas Ranger, where Raylen's trading punches with bad guys that miss by six inches. That whole Elmore Leonard feel is long gone. Huge disappointment.

That's how I felt during season 3, I didn't bother with season 4 after the first episode yet I was reading comments online it was the best season yet, can anyone verify this?

• Moderators

That's how I felt during season 3, I didn't bother with season 4 after the first episode yet I was reading comments online it was the best season yet, can anyone verify this?

I can verify that it's not.

• Paid Members

Judge really is great, Beavis and Butthead, King of The Hill, Office Space, Abstract etc wouldn't mind him having a go at live action series as nothing will top King of the Hill in the animated stakes for me.