What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Been enjoying the Big Reunion on ITV2 as of late, just been having a look at the gig they did for the show, which is now going on tour on wikipedia, seems each act got three songs each taking turns to piece for each song. The full set list if anyone is interested looked like this (spoilers as there is one act on the line up that joins on the next episode)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Five

We Will Rock You/Everybody Get Up

Keep On Moving

If Ya Getting Down

B*Witched

C'est La Vie

Rollercoaster

Blame It On The Weatherman

Bodyshakin'

A Little Bit More

More Than A Woman

Liberty X

Just A Little

Got To Have Your Love

Being Nobody

Blue

All Rise

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

One Love

Honeyz

Finally Found

End Of The Line

Won't Take It Lying Down

Atomic Kitten

Right Now

Tide Is High

Whole Again

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Do not look at the url for that picture if you don't want spoilers!!!

Good call. I was going to, so I could see who the actress was.

Margo Martindale

Pretty sure she won an Emmy as well. I'm up to speed with Justified now, and I love the surprise twist in this season, can't wait for the next episode! So don't be googling anything about Drew Thompson now or you'll spoil it.

Do not look at the url for that picture if you don't want spoilers!!!

Good call. I was going to, so I could see who the actress was.

Apologies for that lads, I didn't look at it myself really.

Loki, you're a good many TV show and movie opinions from redeeming yourself yet. A stopped clock etc.

You miserable cunt, you've got terrible taste yourself half the time :laugh: I keep hoping that sand will finally drop back out your vagina.

Edited by Loki

• Moderators

If I'd stuck a smiley or exclamation mark on the end of that, would you have replied in a less needly way?

Go on, refer to a potato, that's brill.

In less tedious content, has anyone watched this?

1682478-slide-slide-1-robot-combat-league.jpg

Jericho hosting what's essentially Real Steel. The contestants strap themselves into mech controls on the sidelines, and the robots cost $1m each to make. It's like something from TV Go Home, and seems like the nuttiest thing ever, but I've not seen any wrestling-folk talking about it online. I hope he signs off with a Craig Charles Robot Wars kiss-into-a-peace-sign.

THIS EXISTS

1682478-inline-inline-1-robot-combat-league.jpg

Edited by Astro Hollywood

It might have helped at this time of the morning, if I'm honest! It read very pompously. I can't think of a potato gag right now, I'm a little too mashed.

At least you're enjoying Justified. And you recommended Stake Land, which was ace, so you're not all bad.

• Paid Members

The latest episode of Walking Dead is fucking fantastic. Shows that somewhere in there, there is a good interesting and clever show hiding. More stuff like this than having to deal with retards like Andrea and pointless back and forth chatting and contrived plotting would be welcome. There was tons of haunting moments, scenes where the actors could actually act and the characters came across as actual people rather than vague outlines. Best episode since the pilot by a million miles, maybe even better than the pilot.

I reckon Walking Dead suffers from the same problem that Guy Bifkin identified with Sons Of Anarchy - to keep the budget spend down, you do tend to get a lot of talky filler in between the action, usually in the central location (in SoA's case, the hospital in season one).

Game Of Thrones has the same, but it doesn't grind because talking/politics is one of the main themes of the show, whereas in Walking Dead the main theme should be killing zombies, or running from zombies.

• Moderators

Have you ever watched anything about zombies ever? It should be as much about people as it is about the zombies - how people interact with each other in a post-apocalytic society with no rules and civilisation.

If it's shit then it's because of crappy writing, not the budget.

I think the Walking Dead has improved a great deal of late and Bifkin is back on that bus. La Goosh is spot on about the latest episode, it was fantastic and yet very much character based and only really featured two low key action set pieces. The difference with this episode was that there was a real emotional resonance in its two strands

Have you ever watched anything about zombies ever? It should be as much about people as it is about the zombies - how people interact with each other in a post-apocalytic society with no rules and civilisation.

Well, obviously, but Walking Dead didn't do that as much as have little kitchen-sink dramas. Particularly in the second series, it sometimes felt like the Waltons, with an occasional cameo from a walker.

Good to hear series 3 is an improvement though. I may wait until it airs over here though, my cup overfloweth at the moment.

• Awards Moderator

Well, obviously, but Walking Dead didn't do that as much as have little kitchen-sink dramas. Particularly in the second series, it sometimes felt like the Waltons, with an occasional cameo from a walker.

Good to hear series 3 is an improvement though. I may wait until it airs over here though, my cup overfloweth at the moment.

It's been airing over here for ages - they had the first eight or so episodes before Christmas, and it's been back on for about four at the moment. FX/FOX channel. They repeat them all the time, so it shouldn't be too tricky to catch up one way or the other. I was bored silly by the second season, even the finale, and was 95% resolved not to bother with the third season, but ended up Sky+ing it anyway, and I can say with some confidence that The Walking Dead is actually quite good now. It's still not perfect but it has improved massively, and is worth a look if you're running low on stuff to watch.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Moderators

:confused: This makes no sense at all. You said the problem was the lack of budget, and then I pointed out it was the shitty writing.. and then you say "no, it's the shitty writing"..?

• Awards Moderator
To those that stuck with the second series is it worth me going back to it to get up to speed? I'd sort of like to know what happened with the bloke who was fucking Rick's wife.

If you did, I'd only bother with the final three or so episodes, I think everything of consequence happened towards the tail end of the season.