What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Do you mean the Kiefer Sutherland show? It have 13 episodes in season one, and wraps up in May (in the US, anywayz).

That's the one aye, cheers for that, plenty of time for it to flesh out yet then. Hopefully the ratings have been good and it gets a second season, if that's presumably what its aiming for of course.

• Paid Members

Nope, the producers and the network made a joint announcement upon launch, that they wanted it to just run for the one season. When queried about why they would do this, they took out their substantial billfolds, mimed the opening of their flies, and waved their wads like they were using their cocks to say, "we're all richer and better than you little prole twats, and here's our cashcocks, just to prove it". Sutherland was there, too, and he was pissed and sweary.

Sky have just announced that the jason issacs show 'awake' will be coming to sky atlantic.

just a question for anyone who watches it. its been getting great reviews from every outlet i can see but its chances of a second season seem very slim. is it still worth watching anyway?

Yeah I've been watching it and really enjoying it. Got episode 7 downloading as we speak. I really do hope it gets a second season, but they could comfortably give it a conclusive and satisfying ending with everything they're setting up right now. Especially after seeing the trailer for episode 7 and what it potentially entails to the plot.

Just watched Derek and liked it a lot. It's very odd. Ricky Gervais plays Derek as a total cartoon, but even the sad bits still work. I'd like to see more of it. Also, was the sad music taken from the scenes in This is England when people were upset about rapedad?

Not sure, but here it is.

Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi

Yeah, that was in This is England.

The Voice is fucking awful. Just horrendous.

And, what's worst the acts are chosen and invited to perform for the judges. Which makes the whole 'WE CAN'T SEE YOU' premise completely redundant as someone has already picked the people best suited for TV. Oh, and despite it not being about the stories they've all got a story about having AIDS or something. Oh, and despite it not being about judges it's actually all about the judges' bickering. Oh, and i'd say for the most part 75% of the contestants look like X Factor contestants, with the uggers we were all promised just not making it to the show.

Horrible, horrible show.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Sky have just announced that the jason issacs show 'awake' will be coming to sky atlantic.

just a question for anyone who watches it. its been getting great reviews from every outlet i can see but its chances of a second season seem very slim. is it still worth watching anyway?

Yeah I've been watching it and really enjoying it. Got episode 7 downloading as we speak. I really do hope it gets a second season, but they could comfortably give it a conclusive and satisfying ending with everything they're setting up right now. Especially after seeing the trailer for episode 7 and what it potentially entails to the plot.

Only watched first four episodes, got a bit behind of it, I think its pretty good, but by the first 4 episodes it was starting to feel a bit stale, hopefully it picks up, will get round to watching it all.

• Moderators
The last episode of Eastbound and Down is fantastic stuff. A tremendous show from start to finish. I'll have to get myself a Powers #55 jersey at some point.

Just finished watching that myself. Eastbound and Down should go down as one of the all-time classics. What a fucking show.

• Paid Members

The last season (while it featured a couple of truly great episodes) was the weakest. For the best they did end it before it got old. Best comedy to come along in ages though.

I'll be after a Powers #55 too.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members

I'm considering never watching the last episode of Eastbound and Down, so I can pretend the show isnt actually over. *whimpers*

Edit - Finally watched it. Not a massively funny finale, but it wrapped everything up nicely with some crazy Kenny Powers logic.

I'd say the third season was better than the second, but behind the first. Really enjoyed anything to do with Don Johnson and (was surprised how good she was) Lily Tomlin in particular.

Just a bit gutted its over. It'll make one hell of a dvd boxset though. An excellent show and still has the strongest first episode of a sitcom I've ever seen.

Edited by Rob Lowe

Much TV to watch. Just finished the first season of Friday Night Lights, what an emotional ride. A fantastic show, in which i felt like crying in every episode. Is there are finer TV screen couple that Coach Taylor and his wife? Also I don't know why they would, but if someone ever made a film about Daniel Bryan, the guy that plays Matt Saracen should play him.Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.Also finishing the final season of The Shield and it is definitely up in my top 5 TV Shows ever. Season 6 seemed to dip a bit, but i dont think its as rubbish as people say, i feel like they tried to condense it into 10 episodes (whether that was FX or the Creators) was the major fault. I'm worried about how its gonna end though. (it was also nice to see Tavon in The Cabin In The Woods too)and finally i bought the West Wing Complete Box Set and the smell in the box is fantastic (that sounds a bit weird, but it smells like a new book or something), can't wait to start watching it now, I'm hoping for great things.

Edited by Cobra1000

Much TV to watch. Just finished the first season of Friday Night Lights, what an emotional ride. A fantastic show, in which i felt like crying in every episode. Is there are finer TV screen couple that Coach Taylor and his wife? Also I don't know why they would, but if someone ever made a film about Daniel Bryan, the guy that plays Matt Saracen should play him.Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.Also finishing the final season of The Shield and it is definitely up in my top 5 TV Shows ever. Season 6 seemed to dip a bit, but i dont think its as rubbish as people say, i feel like they tried to condense it into 10 episodes (whether that was FX or the Creators) was the major fault. I'm worried about how its gonna end though. (it was also nice to see Tavon in The Cabin In The Woods too)and finally i bought the West Wing Complete Box Set and the smell in the box is fantastic (that sounds a bit weird, but it smells like a new book or something), can't wait to start watching it now, I'm hoping for great things.

Nailed it.