What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Not sure if we're allowed to discuss this or if this will quickly degenerate into bollocks (mods please delete if you want)

Did anyone see 'Proud & Prejudiced' on C4 last night, looking at both the EDL & Extremist Muslims? Thought it was quite interesting with 'Tommy' the leader of the EDL making arguments that (from looking at Twitter) worryingly seemed to resonate with a lot of people.

Not sure if we're allowed to discuss this or if this will quickly degenerate into bollocks (mods please delete if you want)

Did anyone see 'Proud & Prejudiced' on C4 last night, looking at both the EDL & Extremist Muslims? Thought it was quite interesting with 'Tommy' the leader of the EDL making arguments that (from looking at Twitter) worryingly seemed to resonate with a lot of people.

Yeah I watched it. I thought both the main two came across as total imbeciles. Tommy/Steven was doing a good job I thought, getting a Sikh up on stage and condemning racism and opposition to multicultural Britain. It was the audience who gave the EDL the bad name they deserve. Of course, he didn't do himself any favours when he was pissed up, or when he nutted someone.

What was hilarious was on Facebook and Twitter, they were saying how great that the EDL were going to get some media coverage of what they were actually about, then ten minutes before broadcast they issued stuff saying how the Government had edited the documentary as the channel 4 cut had portrayed them all as true patriots. That's Duane levels of buffoonery.

• Paid Members

The asian guy who they interviewed made me laugh. He very intelligently called both Tommy and the Extremist bloke a pair of twats without muttering a single insult.

The asian guy who they interviewed made me laugh. He very intelligently called both Tommy and the Extremist bloke a pair of twats without muttering a single insult.

The Imam? Yeah he was brilliant, he also looked quite hard.

• Paid Members

I have really liked the first 2 episodes of Luck on Atlantic. Dustin Hoffman seems to have incorporated quite a bit of the old crazy Ric Flair into his character for some reason, but that is not a bad thing. If they ever make the Ric Flair story as a film Hoffman would be perfect. All he needs is the bleach blonde hair and he is sorted

• Moderators

Here's a new show to look out for. It starts tonight (March 1st) on NBC.

w8mWs.jpg

JyhAv.png

The pilot's up on Hulu already, and it's getting some extraordinary buzz. Unanimously, people are saying it's the greatest pilot for years, and everyone seems blown away by it. It's been pushed back a bunch of times already, because NBC didn't know how to market it, but the feedback from the first episode has got me really excited.

Anyone been watching Alcatraz? I'm a few episodes in, and it's pretty fun. It's a bit of a villain of the week deal, with an overarching, grander mystery, which is what you'd expect, and a lot of the time it feels like it's written for idiots in how signposted and expository it is, but totally watchable all the same. Not everything can, or should be The Wire. The one genre I avoid the most in TV is police procedurals, but it's got Hurley from Lost, Sam Neill, and some kind of time-fuckery, so I'm down.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

That Awake does look like it could be great fun.

I've been watching Masterchef recently.. Sad but true. Was gutted Aki went the other week, but Eamonn fucked up royally yesterday. Thailand tonight

Its horribly exciting

I am currently watching and very much enjoying

Justified Season 3

Alcatraz

Swamp People Season 3

Pawn Stars

Storage Wars

Awake

The Office (the last two weeks episodes especially)

Diners, Drive Ins & Dives

Bizarre Foods US

Is anyone else finding this seasons Big Bang Theory a little disappointing? seems to have hit a wall.