What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Is it worth watching any of prison break and stopping, or would that just set me up for disappointment and lack of closure?

Also, above is the only evidence of anyone liking Rita in Dexter, ever. Our was she tolerable in season one..? I forget now.

I thought Rita was adorable early on. But as the show went on she became the dreaded miserable shrew archetype. Which a lot of female characters seem to turn into when the writers dont have a clue what to do with them anymore.

I agree that it went downhill after season 4. Parts of season 7 were great including Ray Stevenson as Isaak and the finale was awesome, but the follow up to that (Season 8) was the drizzling shits. Those glimmers of gold arnt worth sifting through four seasons of tv for. I'd advise people to stop watching after season 4.

• Paid Members
Season 1 and 2 are good, silly fun.

Chokeout is right re Prison Break. First two series are enjoyable and quite different from one another with their main storylines. Series 3 however, was a bit shit. I got bored very quickly. Didn't even bother with series 4.

US Prohibition-era drama Boardwalk Empire is to end after its upcoming fifth season, HBO has announced.

The decision comes three months after the cable network renewed the show for a fifth outing.

"We've decided to wrap up the series after such a great run and look forward to bringing it to a powerful and exciting conclusion," creator Terry Winter said.

The show, starring Steve Buscemi, is shown on Sky Atlantic in the UK.

The show has won 17 Emmys since it first aired, including Martin Scorsese winning for his direction of the series' big budget pilot that premiered in 2010.

"It has been an incredible honour to bring this powerful and groundbreaking series to our subscribers," HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said.

"Terry Winter has created one for the ages."

The fifth series will return to US TV screens in the autumn.

Source: BBC

Edited by KingOfMetal

Tell me about it.

in other awesome US tv drama news, Mad Men is splitting its final season into two parts, same as Breaking Bad did (both shows are on AMC in the states). Season 7: Part 1 (The Beginning) will be broadcast this spring (consisting of 7 episodes) and Season 7: Part 2 (The End of an Era) will contain the final 7 episodes and broadcast in spring 2015

• Paid Members

Loving this season of Boardwalk Empire. Part of me is sad it's ending yet I wouldn't want it to carry on & risk a drawn out dip in quality. Hopefully Terence Winter has had the story arc in mind the whole time & like Breaking Bad it'll be awesome until the bitter end.

• Paid Members

started watching Lilyhammer on Netflix. It's the first Netflix original series. I got on it cause Steve Van Zandt does his gangster schtick and he just makes me laugh. Such a weird show though, it's like a BBC mid day drama set in Norway, with a foul mouthed Gangster speaking a different language to everyone else chucked in the middle of it all. It's watchable though, and Zandt is hilarious. It my new bedtime viewing :)

• Paid Members

I need to start watching Lillyhammer, my Dad has been banging on about how good it is. He also got me into The Sopranos back in the day.

Had a bit of success yesterday- me and my wife found something we can both enjoy watching- which isn't often! Orange is the New Black- I know it's been discussed many pages ago but I'm really enjoying it so far. Crazy Eyes has cracked me up a few times so far.

Finally jumped on the Sons Of Anarchy bandwagon, watched the first 6 episodes on Netflix yesterday and love it, got a massive crush on Katey Sagal who plays Debbie in the show for those who don't know, also glad they had Drea De Matteo in there for a bit, highlights so far are the balls being cut off of that rapist and that guy having his tattoo burnt off, looking forward to seeing how the show goes.

Finally jumped on the Sons Of Anarchy bandwagon, watched the first 6 episodes on Netflix yesterday and love it, got a massive crush on Katey Sagal who plays Debbie in the show for those who don't know, also glad they had Drea De Matteo in there for a bit, highlights so far are the balls being cut off of that rapist and that guy having his tattoo burnt off, looking forward to seeing how the show goes.

Gemma.

Stick with it. I love Sons of Anarchy. Season three wasn't the best but the finale was one of the greatest TV episodes I've seen. Also the last season that just aired is a wonderful fucked up bag of emotions. You're in for a treat.

Sons Of Anarchy is probably my favourite TV Season I've watched so far. The cast were just so likable throughout. Again I'd say Season 3 is abit dodgy and the terrible Irish Accents which piss you off. I'm currently half way through Season 5 and I still haven't lost any love for the show. When I first began watching it, it took me about 4 Episodes to get into it but when I did, I really did.

In fact, I'm actually wearing a Sons Of Anarchy t-shirt which my girlfriend got me for Christmas. They've got some cool merch.