What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

Undeclared was also one of the the only reason I had any idea who the fuck Jay Baruchel was when I watched This is the End other than "that guy who is in some stuff and I kinda recognise him".

Oh shit. Actually that's a lie as sadly I have seen the Nic Cage sorcerer's Apprentice film.

• Paid Members
Community?

The League?

Arrested Development?

Freaks and Geeks is very good, but it was cancelled so doesn't hae many episodes.

Sorry missed off Community which I watched and gave up on after S3, seen all of AD too.

Freaks and Geeks and Curb will be next methinks, cheers!

The other one suggested, the League, is really good. I've just been catchign up on that over the last week or so on Netflix.

I wasn't expecting to like it, but it really works well. I need to find the newest season from somewhere.

From 2014 i'm most looking forward to Season 2's of The Bridge (recorded and ready to watch), Rectify and Orange is the New Black and also have big hopes for True Detective. Saw the trailer 2 or 3 months ago and it instantly had me, McConaughey's on a roll. True Detective

Also be watching Hannibal, The Black List and (probably) The Following. Hoping for a New Curb season and that Inside No. 9 will be great.

Oh and for fans of saturday night shit Splash probably isn't the worst this year Let's Get Ready to Tumble

sadly I have seen the Nic Cage sorcerer's Apprentice film.

:angry: that's a fun flick man

Pretty much every film of his from 2004 on is shit - there's the odd good one, but it's a pretty consistent guide. If it's Nic Cage post 2004, and you've not heard of it, it's one of his breadwinners.

• Paid Members

Pretty much every film of his from 2004 on is shit - there's the odd good one, but it's a pretty consistent guide. If it's Nic Cage post 2004, and you've not heard of it, it's one of his breadwinners.

Season of the Witch is totally underrated, it's a medieval buddy cop film with Nic Cage in it, what's not to like?

It seems to be running concurrently on about 3 different channels 24/7 over here, as a result Monk has been getting a lot of viewing in our house lately. Pretty inoffensive stuff, but there's usually 2 or 3 laugh out loud moments in every episode, often involving this man:

prheu8Z.jpg

Lt. Randy Disher. Not the most original character in the world, but the well-meaning simpleton sidekick to the police captain is one of my favourite TV characters from the last few years. An idiot who remains thoroughly likeable throughout the show. Sample conversation.

• Paid Members

The National Treasure films are good lighthearted romps, perfect Sunday afternoon films and the sort of things Disney should be making more of

Just finished the first Season of Dexter and really enjoyed it.

Gonna start the second season tomorrow after work and I'm already looking forward to it. Great television.

Rita is the one! :blush:

Enjoy the first 3 seasons because after that its a fucking chore to watch.

• Paid Members

The National Treasure films are good lighthearted romps, perfect Sunday afternoon films and the sort of things Disney should be making more of

Just finished the first Season of Dexter and really enjoyed it.

Gonna start the second season tomorrow after work and I'm already looking forward to it. Great television.

Rita is the one! :blush:

Enjoy the first 3 seasons because after that its a fucking chore to watch.

I'd say Season 4 is worth a watch too, if only because John Lithgow absolutely steals the entire season as the main antagonist. After that it's a downhill shit slope and I jumped off at the start of Season 8. Tried to watch the last ep on Netflix the other day and couldn't even stomach the first twenty minutes, just ff'd to the end.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

Season 1 and 2 are good, silly fun. 3 had a good premise but they fucked it up and I think it was one of those shows that got stalled because of the writers strike and was never the same after. Everything after that will actually make you angry. By the end it was one of those shows that people were only watching because they had invested so much time in it and hated themselves for tuning in (Lost, Dexter)