What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators
On rewatch you will discover the true awesomeness of season 2. I think it might actually be the best season. It's so hard to pick. On first viewing season 4 was way ahead of the others but these days I'm not so sure.

Season 2 is certainly divisive. Some people fucking love it and it's their favourites whilst many others say it's their least favourite.

Curry - if you're anything like me it'll still be your least favourite on re-watching, though that's not to say that I thought it was bad. 4 is also my favourite so I think you might well be in the same boat as me.

I personally enjoyed Season 3 the best as Stringer was always my favorite Wire character.

Then why would S3 be your favourite??

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It's when he gets completely chumped out. He over-plays his hand, gets made to look a fucking twat, and then gets killed for his troubles

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
On rewatch you will discover the true awesomeness of season 2. I think it might actually be the best season. It's so hard to pick. On first viewing season 4 was way ahead of the others but these days I'm not so sure.

Season 2 is certainly divisive. Some people fucking love it and it's their favourites whilst many others say it's their least favourite.

Curry - if you're anything like me it'll still be your least favourite on re-watching, though that's not to say that I thought it was bad. 4 is also my favourite so I think you might well be in the same boat as me.

I personally enjoyed Season 3 the best as Stringer was always my favorite Wire character.

Then why would S3 be your favourite??

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It's when he gets completely chumped out. He over-plays his hand, gets made to look a fucking twat, and then gets killed for his troubles

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I just enjoyed that the arc was his. Saying that, I've never rewatched them. I probably should.

I've struggled to get in to season 4 of The Wire because of certain characters not being in it who I'm a bit gay for.

On a related note, Luther was back this week. John Luther is the fucking man. He may not always work within the confines of the law but he does what it takes to get the job done. He could smash the pasty off my wife but I'd still trust he was doing it for the greater good. His coat is well smart. He has a way with the ladies. He's a tortured soul. His mate can fuck off back to date raping on Holyoaks though, he's shit and he got his balls tortured. It's ridiculous, unrealistic and isn't as gritty as it thinks it is but Luther is the only British crime drama i've watched since Reg Hollis left our screens.

I've struggled to get in to season 4 of The Wire because of certain characters not being in it who I'm a bit gay for.

On a related note, Luther was back this week. John Luther is the fucking man. He may not always work within the confines of the law but he does what it takes to get the job done. He could smash the pasty off my wife but I'd still trust he was doing it for the greater good. His coat is well smart. He has a way with the ladies. He's a tortured soul. His mate can fuck off back to date raping on Holyoaks though, he's shit and he got his balls tortured. It's ridiculous, unrealistic and isn't as gritty as it thinks it is but Luther is the only British crime drama i've watched since Reg Hollis left our screens.

Has it still got that girl in that looks like she could suck the juice out of a tractor? She was a great character, and sexy in a might-kill-you way.

Series 2 of Luther was such an unexpected delight when it went completely off the rails and turned into a "wronged man" revenge drama thing.

Has it still got that girl in that looks like she could suck the juice out of a tractor? She was a great character, and sexy in a might-kill-you way.

Series 2 of Luther was such an unexpected delight when it went completely off the rails and turned into a "wronged man" revenge drama thing.

Not as of yet but we're only one episode in and I'm pretty sure she was in the series preview.

• Paid Members
Trailer Park Boys season 8 coming soon as an internet exclusive!

The Announcement.

http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=2748810

Butch has me on ignore :(

Seriously though, that's fantastic. You can all stop talking about fucking Mad Men now and focus on this.

• Paid Members

They've apparently offered those useless bastards Corey and Trevor the chance to come back aswell. Hopefully see Cyrus and that filthy caveman Sam Losco pop up aswell. Their's talk of it being on the internet at the minute but according to those guys their in talks with tv people which would probably work better than a solely internet show.

Edited by Maverick

• Paid Members

Same here. I'm sure we have separate The Wire and Mad Men threads as well. We probably need a Trailer Park Boys one if people insist on talking over us :angry: