What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

This week's Sons of Anarchy. Jesus Christ. I'm still sad over it.

no if i had to pay for my daughters bf id tell them to fuck off. If they want to be adults that fine but i aint paying for it

Oh right. A genuine idiot then.

if I worked in office with david brent id tell him 2 grow up the silly cunt he keeps mess in about n that's not on I wouldnt stand 4 it he can mess about in his own time

Edited by King Pitcos

Because I can't walk it's been lots of TV for me recently. I've been watching 'Pawn Stars', it's weird... like a frightning ghetto version of the gong show. There's a woman in it (with my bloody name as well) who works there and she is the most unbearable shit. Seth is a good dude though.

You mean Hardcore Pawn - Pawn Stars is a different show, based in Las Vegas instead of Detroit.

I think Ashley is pretty cute.

• Paid Members
Because I can't walk it's been lots of TV for me recently. I've been watching 'Pawn Stars', it's weird... like a frightning ghetto version of the gong show. There's a woman in it (with my bloody name as well) who works there and she is the most unbearable shit. Seth is a good dude though.

You mean Hardcore Pawn - Pawn Stars is a different show, based in Las Vegas instead of Detroit.

I think Ashley is pretty cute.

You are correct, Hardcore Pawn is a weird show. It should be good but it's ruined by the stupid vox pops throughout.

• Paid Members

The guy who played Half Sack in Sons Of Anarchy has died:

Johnny Lewis Dead: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Actor Found Dead Outside Los Feliz Woman's Home

Johnny Lewis was found dead on Thursday, September 26 in Los Feliz.

In what appears to be a bizarre series of events, "Sons of Anarchy" actor Johnny Lewis was found dead Wednesday outside the Los Feliz home of a woman who was also found dead inside.

Lewis, 28, was known for his role as Kip "Half Sack" Epps on "Sons of Anarchy" and his "The O.C." stint.

Lewis is reportedly suspected of murdering the 70-year-old woman on whose Los Feliz driveway he was found dead. According to TMZ, the woman may have been renting a room to Lewis at the time of both of their deaths.

Although the elderly woman's death has been described as a homicide, it is unclear how Lewis came to his death. Sources reportedly heard the woman screaming inside her home and noticed a group of men fighting before one man, believed to be Lewis, climbed onto the roof. It is unclear as to whether Lewis may have fallen to his death or jumped from the roof.

Jesus.

I've just started watching Son's Of Anarchy, after a number of people pimped it to me.

It's good fun so far, but it does feel like I've started watching a soap-opera about the Aces & Eights! Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Silver-haired Kevin Nash better turn up as Pearlman's brother at some point or I'll be very disappointed.

Watched all of The Revolution Will Be Televised. It's like Sacha Baron Cohen and The Yes Man-lite. It's not particularly original, but it is, for the most part, pretty funny and falls very much in line with my own politics, so I enjoyed it.

Some of it is really standout, like petitioning to get Blair a sainthood and treating MI6 like an S&M night club. And some other bits are just a bit too smug.

Overall, though, a very good watch.

Edited by Vice

The Mindy Project ('Created by Mindy Kaling' in the opening title, 'Mindy Kaling' as first actor credit, 'Executive Producer: Mindy Kaling' credit, 'Written By Mindy Kaling' credit, and 'Kaling International, Inc' credtied at the end) had a decent first episode. As suggested from all the credits, the episode featured purely on Mindy (also the characters name). She was very good, and the character seems good enough to be the focus of the show. If this is going to be a traditional 20+ episodes per season sort of show, then it cant feature so heavily on just one character in future episodes, as it will get stale quickly.

Cant make a big judgement on the supporting characters, as the episode was 90% Mindy, but from the tiny bits we saw of them, they seem a bit too bland to be good enough supporting characters. You get the feeling that 99% of the writing process was focussed on Mindy, and about 2 hours was spent on all the other characters combined. Hopefully they flesh them out into some good characters in the next few episodes.

• Paid Members

Powering through the 2nd Season of Fringe at the moment. It's short, snappy entertainment, it all works as stand alone episodes as well as the bigger picture so it's the kinda thing i chuck on when i got free. It's a modern day X Files with added science.

I fucking love what Fringe has decided to do for their 5th season. After wrapping up some of the big series long threads in season 4 they've done something pretty ballsy and unusual for what they know to be their last season. They basically can't follow the standard episode structure of the last 4 seasons and have almost created a new show.