What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Yep. 52 days. Counting them down.

Season 2 / A Clash of Kings Spoiler SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I can't even begin to imagine how cool the Battle of the Blackwater is going to be on screen.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I wouldn't be suprised if the majority of it took place offscreen, I doubt HBO have the budget to give the battle it's true justice sadly.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm up to book 5 (technically 4 I think) and can't wait to see how scenes from the book play out in my head. There's one scene from book 3, part 2

the Red Wedding, which will be the most shocking thing in TV probably when they do it

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); that I'm dying to see.

Live action

its like one of those programs where if it had been an inch to the left or an inch to the right it would have been a car crash. But its not, ts great!

Although its the guy that voices Joe swanson from family Guy and I cant help but imagine that the tick is Joe swansons alter ego

• Paid Members
Live action

its like one of those programs where if it had been an inch to the left or an inch to the right it would have been a car crash. But its not, ts great!

Although its the guy that voices Joe swanson from family Guy and I cant help but imagine that the tick is Joe swansons alter ego

He'll ALWAYS be Puddy from Seinfeld

I've been watching the latest series of Room 101. Frank Skinner has done really well to take over from Paul Merton and the change from one guest to three has really worked out. They had Danny Baker on one particular episode and the man is an absolute genius.

All I will say about this weeks episode...

Luckily Jamelia's lovelys were on show to counteract Germaine Greer, ugh.

Live action

He'll ALWAYS be Puddy from Seinfeld

And Brock Sampson in The Venture Bros. it's a shame it got cancelled after 1 season. It could've found it feet and really gotten going. The episode where Authur gets commited is excellent

Edited by LiamTheGreat

I know I'm going to get a lot of stick for this, but I'm really enjoying New Girl. It's that warm blanket style comedy like Friends, with a decent cast and some good one-liners. Plus, well, you know, she's pretty hot.

• Moderators
I've been watching the latest series of Room 101. Frank Skinner has done really well to take over from Paul Merton and the change from one guest to three has really worked out. They had Danny Baker on one particular episode and the man is an absolute genius.

All I will say about this weeks episode...

Luckily Jamelia's lovelys were on show to counteract Germaine Greer, ugh.

I caught an episode of this the other week and enjoyed the new format. I like Frank Skinner, except when he tries to sing. The addition of Jamelia means that I will actively seek to watch this episode now on some sort of catch up thing. What channel is it even on?

Edit - re: The New Girl. I caught half an episode of this at the weekend. It seems to be a fairly standard mediocre sitcom that I could happily sit and watch. I'd probably be a bit embarrassed to admit it, or watch it when anyone else was in the room though.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I caught an episode of this the other week and enjoyed the new format. I like Frank Skinner, except when he tries to sing. The addition of Jamelia means that I will actively seek to watch this episode now on some sort of catch up thing. What channel is it even on?

BBC1 Friday 8.30pm

• Paid Members
Yep. 52 days. Counting them down.

Season 2 / A Clash of Kings Spoiler SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I can't even begin to imagine how cool the Battle of the Blackwater is going to be on screen.

I wouldn't be suprised if the majority of it took place offscreen, I doubt HBO have the budget to give the battle it's true justice sadly.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm up to book 5 (technically 4 I think) and can't wait to see how scenes from the book play out in my head. There's one scene from book 3, part 2

the Red Wedding, which will be the most shocking thing in TV probably when they do it

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); that I'm dying to see.

Spoilers from book 3, part 2

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

You will be happy to know you're wrong about the Battle of the Blackwater :), it's going to appear in its full glory, massive fucking chain and all in episode 9. It's a full 16 minutes of battle apparently, with the screenplay written and filming overseen by Martin. Cannot fucking wait.

Ah it looks like you're around the same bit as me then, I've just finished book 3 part 2 and the red wedding is indeed going to be amazing. Especially with all the other complete craziness that goes down just before and after it. I assume this will be season 4, Storm of Swords is to big to fit into 10 episodes I think, so a couple of years to wait yet but man that's going to be good.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy