What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Really need to finish the rest of Curb Your Enthusiasm 7 and get started on Spiral 2 and Dexter 4

Never watched that, but i'm a huge fan of Ricky Gervais and the Office. I'm not usually keen on American sitcoms though, is it worth a go?

Curb is the best, go for it.

If you had to compare the humour to anything British, it's more Partridge than Office.

Over the last week and a half I've watched all three seasons of Breaking Bad from the very beginning. I wasn't expecting to get through it so fast, it was just so gripping that as soon as one episode ended I would immediately press play on the next one, going through three or four in one sitting. Such a great show, it's just annoying that after having so much of it to watch I've now reached the end and the fourth season isn't on until next year!

This was exactly what I did three weeks ago.

• Paid Members

Mad Men is excellent. The first series is a little slow-burning because its talkie, character building. But like most dramas once you start caring about the characters and their situations, you are fully sucked in. The fashion, language and situations of the sixties setting is really interesting too.

You can get the first two seasons for about

What's the general consensus on Mad Men? I'm thinking of starting that next, seeing as I've never watched it before.

They're showing the first two episodes on BBC2 in just a few minutes in case anyone (like me) hasn't seen the show yet.

I'm watching The X Files from the very beginning. Any seasons or episodes in particular I should be looking forward to ? Any that I should be wary of ?

Have you perciviered with it? If so, where are you upto? It's my favourite of all time, (even if the earlier season's do look dated somewhat now). I'll clue you in to some future episodes if you're still watching. What I will say in advance though is... don't think negative when Robert Patrick enters as Agent John Doggett, (if you get that far!). Yes it isn't the X-Files that you could potentially grow to love, but take it as it is. I found myself thinking of what if Doggett and Reyes (with Scully) were the original characters. Think of it like that and you'll love it all over again. Season 4-6 is patchy in places, but I feel it picks up again. And I actually believe that Patrick's entrance injects new life into it.

Edited by Mikeymike83

• Paid Members

started watching Stargate Universe...ive been meaning to get into a proper sci-fi series for a while, but ive always been a little reluctant to start the original Stargate's or Battlestar Galactica's because of the sheer length of 'em. Universe is new so i decided to give it a whirl as i can pretty much follow it from the beginning...chuck in the added Robert Carlyle and it was a no brainer. It's been great so far.

i've just watched the first 5 episodes...Episode 5 was amongst the best episodes of TV ive seen, for a show to create such attachment to the characters in just five episodes is a credit to the writing. It's gripping stuff.

The show does that 'Lost' thing too of ending every episode with a massive cliffhanger, addictive shit.

Edited by Ebb

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-tv...-the-00s,35256/

The brilliant AV Club's list of the best shows of the decade. I am a bit amazed at Eastbound and Down being in the top 30, especially above Wonder Showzen and The West Wing, especially when the extraordinary "Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia" was left out, but it's small potatoes.

I just started watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia about 6 weeks ago and I've already finished all 5 seasons. Strongly recommended - no laughter track just good dark and depraved humour about things like abortion, cancer, molestation, chicks with dicks, retardation and drug addiction. What's not to like?

Couple of clips

You can't pick all the...?

Just to get a base!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECzz-p6Ulas...feature=channel

Also...people need to watch Breaking Bad!

Edited by Metallica

I'm looking forward to the second season of Eastbound and Down tremendously. I liked Pulling a lot but the last special wasn't great. Stuff I'm currently watching:

Louie - Louis CK's new sitcom. I've never been a fan of his before, but gave this a shot as I'm short of new comedy to watch. The show is kind of hit and miss, but always interesting, and I've really enjoyed the bits of his stand-up that are peppered through the episodes.

The Great Outdoors - Thing about ramblers starring Ruth Jones and Mark Heap. I've only seen the first one so far, but found it quite funny. Jones' character is a bit rubbish, mind.

Grandma's House - Simon Amstell's new sitcom. It's a bit like a posh, less witty Royle Family. I love Amstell's stand-up but wasn't too fond of the first episode of this show. Some of it was cracking though, "Shall I get an adult?" was my favourite line.

Entourage - I like this show a lot, even though it's pretty rubbish and it's a comedy that isn't (and doesn't even seem to try to be) funny. I'm quite into this season's plot threads, with Vince's recklessness, Turtle's Mexican bird, Drama's sitcom, Ari's "tough at the top" woes, and E's budding friendship/rivalry with his workmate.

I've been watching some stuff I missed the first time round as well. Enjoyed the first series of Early Doors way more than I was expecting, some lovely jokes in there and some of the characters and performances are wonderful. And Psychoville was good. Felt very unique, if we discount the League of Gentlemen itself (and Pleasureland, I suppose).

I'm watching The X Files from the very beginning. Any seasons or episodes in particular I should be looking forward to ? Any that I should be wary of ?

Have you perciviered with it? If so, where are you upto? It's my favourite of all time, (even if the earlier season's do look dated somewhat now). I'll clue you in to some future episodes if you're still watching. What I will say in advance though is... don't think negative when Robert Patrick enters as Agent John Doggett, (if you get that far!). Yes it isn't the X-Files that you could potentially grow to love, but take it as it is. I found myself thinking of what if Doggett and Reyes (with Scully) were the original characters. Think of it like that and you'll love it all over again. Season 4-6 is patchy in places, but I feel it picks up again. And I actually believe that Patrick's entrance injects new life into it.

I'm up to Season 6.

Season 5 was really good in the second half I thought. I'm about half way through season 6 now. I like Robert Patrick anyways so I'm always gonna be up for him making his entry.