What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I loved Alan Balls other work (American Beauty and primarily Six Feet Under). But Ive never liked Vampire/Fantasy stuff, so Its been on my 'to watch' list for a few months. I'll see it eventually.

• Moderators
Am I the only one watching True Blood? HBO, you crazy bastards, you've done it again.

When and where? Or is this torrent-only at the mo?

Torrent or however else you get American shows these days. The second season started a few weeks ago, but it hasn't aired over here yet. I think FX are due to show S1 at some point.

It's pretty trashy, but amazing fun. Aesthetically there's really never been anything like it, just look at how awesome the opening credits are:

• Moderators
Am I the only one watching True Blood? HBO, you crazy bastards, you've done it again.

When and where? Or is this torrent-only at the mo?

Torrent or however else you get American shows these days. The second season started a few weeks ago, but it hasn't aired over here yet. I think FX are due to show S1 at some point.

It's pretty trashy, but amazing fun. Aesthetically there's really never been anything like it, just look at how awesome the opening credits are:

Just advertised it now during the break on "King of the Hilll". It starts July 17th.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch Young dumb and living off mum last night on bbc 3?

Basically it has got eight late teenagers/early twenties in it that exist off of their parents and forces them to go live away from their parents and sets them different jobs each week with one getting eliminated each week.

The first episode was amusing due to the absolute stupidity of the people involved, it actually makes me feel better about my life knowing that these people exist.

• Paid Members

Has anyone watched Hung?

I've been checking the Pirate Bay Top 100 for the new episodes of Weeds and True Blood and this show appears to have started at a similar time so I figured I'd get in on it from the start. I'm really backed up with watching House and The Wire though so I've not gotten around to watching it yet but just wondered if it's actually worth downloading. It's wiki article made it sound pretty good.

Been watching Lie To Me on Sky 1 pretty religiously, and I think it's coming to the end of Season 1. Handily, Season 2 starts in America in September, so I can pick it up there. I like how it works like that sometimes. I think it's been totally excellent. Not as clever as it thinks it is, but hugely enjoyable all the same.

Anyone seen "The Life and Times of Tim"? It's a cartoon from HBO that has been broadcast on Virgin1. I haven't caught it yet but it's HBO and the ads for it were funny. I have it on download at the moment...

I've only watched one episode but it was great. Tim got into a boxing match with an old man, after he offered him his sit on the bus. Very funny.

Anyone seen "The Life and Times of Tim"? It's a cartoon from HBO that has been broadcast on Virgin1. I haven't caught it yet but it's HBO and the ads for it were funny. I have it on download at the moment...

It's absolutely brilliant. It's anarchic and witty, and had a real underground feel to it, a lot like the spurt of animated comedies that only rose to a certain level in the 90s, like Dr Katz, Duckman & Stressed Eric.

Week on week, it's been destroying new episodes of Family Guy in terms of quality, and the two episodes per show format works a treat too, just like Beavis & Butthead did. Highest recomendation from me.

• Moderators

Nice one. Hopefully it will have finished downloading by the time I get home this evening!

My first thought when I saw the adverts was that it reminded me of Dr Katz, which I loved.. did you ever catch Home Movies? Same style of content and animation, and at least some of the same people involved though not sure who.

Incidentally, I just saw Stressed Eric got a mention in the 'underrated shows' thread too; I never got the love for that show...

Edited by Chest Rockwell