UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone could help me hence this post. I was just wondering if anyone knows if theres a meet and greet with Mick Foley at his upcoming tour ???? I have contacted both the venue where I wish to see him and Live Nation also and recieved no response what so ever. I've searched through various topics on this site but can't find a thing and was advised b moderator Neil to post muy question here

Many thanks in advance for all help

Shaun aka Slappy

• Moderators
WWE (Raw) @ Yakima, WA - Sun Dome - January 13, 2012 (4,800)

R-Truth defeated Jack Swagger

World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan defeated Jamie Noble via submission in an impromptu match with the LeBell Lock; prior to the bout, Bryan cut an in-ring promo on Yakima making Jan. 13 'Daniel Bryan Day;' moments later, David Otunta interrupted and brought out Noble as Bryan's opponent

Brodus Clay defeated Tyler Reks

WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne defeated Epico & Primo Colon

Ryback pinned Alex Riley with the spear

WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix pinned Eve; Nikki & Brie Bella served as the guest referee and timekeeper

John Cena defeated Kane via disqualification when Kane hit Cena with a steel chair

WWE World Champion CM Punk defeated Dolph Ziggler

WWE (Raw) @ Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center - January 13, 2013

Featured an opening segment in which both WWE World Champion CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler said they were unable to compete in their scheduled singles matches, with Vickie Guerrero then coming out and setting up Punk & Ziggler vs. John Cena & Ryback instead

Brodus Clay pinned Jack Swagger with the splash

Zack Ryder pinned Leo Kruger with the Rough Ryder; prior to the bout, Kruger took the mic and issued an open challenge

Jamie Noble pinned Tensai with a roll up after avoiding a powerbomb

WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan & Kane defeated Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns (w/ Dean Ambrose) via disqualification when Ambrose attacked Kane; after the bout, Bryan & Kane were attacked until Ryback made the save

Kaitlyn pinned Tamina with a spear

WWE US Champion Antonio Cesaro pinned Mike Mizanin in a streetfight with the Neutralizer; fans chose via Twitter the stipulation instead of a Best 2 out of 3 falls match

John Cena & Ryback defeated WWE World Champion CM Punk & Dolph Ziggler when Cena pinned Ziggler with the FU

All I can find on Cawthon's site.

Shit to be Tensai, eh?

He was quality, as was Nidia. Noble would have been a bigger figure in WWE nowadays he was just there during that packed roster era. Glad he's got a full-time agent gig, he deserves it.

What are the chances of WWE releasing a Gorilla Monsoon DVD? Personally I think its long overdue and he was one of the best commentators on the mic. While I never saw him wrestle back in the day apart from a few selected matches I believe he was a well respected guy in the locker room for over 20 plus years. Still it would give WWE a chance to finally include his 1995 Hall of Fame induction which I believe they recorded as I remember seeing highlights on the 1995 King of the Ring PPV.

What are the chances of WWE releasing a Gorilla Monsoon DVD? Personally I think its long overdue and he was one of the best commentators on the mic. While I never saw him wrestle back in the day apart from a few selected matches I believe he was a well respected guy in the locker room for over 20 plus years. Still it would give WWE a chance to finally include his 1995 Hall of Fame induction which I believe they recorded as I remember seeing highlights on the 1995 King of the Ring PPV.

To quote the man himself, I would say it was "highly unlikely".

Gorilla was great in his role, but I don't think his on air character had enough variety for a full-length DVD. Or at least I should say, one that would be entertaining for the masses. Unlike Heenan, Gorilla was pretty much just a commentator and then the President, back when such roles didn't involve too much action. Where as Bobby was a commentator, manager, occasional wrestler etc... allowing for loads of clips they could use. Monsoon's story would be very interesting from a behind the scenes POV, with his stake in the early company and his role backstage but really there isn't much you can actually show about that.

I would say that if the WWE Network ever happens, you'd probably get a great 1 hour "Career Retrospective" on Monsoon, along with others like Mean Gene who are interesting characters, but not really multi-disc commercial DVD material.

I think that idea could work.

They included the 1992 Royal Rumble match and the Gimmick Battle Royal from WM17 as extras on the Bobby Heenan DVD, so that would suggest they recognise awesome pieces of commentary.

An hour long documentary profiling play-by-play guys & colour commentators like:

Jim Ross

Gorilla Monsoon

Bobby Heenan

Jesse Ventura

Jerry Lawler

Gordon Solie

Joey Styles

Tony Schiavone

Vince McMahon

Lord Alfred Hayes

along with piss-taking highlights of:

Mongo McMichael

Art Donovan

Stevie Ray

Dusty Rhodes

... and more. That would be a fun collection.

Then throw in another 1.5 disks of matches which include classic commentary moments and that's a decent set altogether. :thumbsup:

Currently watching WWF Over The Edge 1999, Just before The Rock/Triple H match JR tells the fans at home about the death of Owen Hart but they didn't tell the crowd in the arena. Why was this? Just seems really odd when I've watched this as I've got older. They must have known they couldn't have released the event on video and they could have rescheduled the matches on RAW if they cancelled the event.

To be fair it was a solid event, if the accident with Owen Hart wasn't to have happened.

Edited by Twinn