UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I've been reading up a little bit here and there on the steroid trial and the blowout from it in the early 90's regarding Vince.

The consensus in some of the stuff i've read is that Vince thought he was a goner and had made contingency plans if he got sent down. I get visions of John Gotti style promos of him "booking from the jail" on a hotline phone from his prison cell to Pat Patterson but in all seriousness what would have happened if he had to serve time? What was the hierarchy back then and what would be next in the chain of command for running things?

• Paid Members
I know Hogan got a lot of grief for telling everyone wrestling was a big con, on an episode of What's Up Doc in 1993. He did a media tour around the UK, appearing on a one hour show dedicated to him being interviewed by Jonathan Ross on BBC,

Was that not the Saturday Zoo on channel 4 where he was interviewed by Jonathan Ross? I remember him being on that around that time where he did a few basic moves on Rowland Rivron in a very "wink, wink it's fake" sort of way.

• Paid Members
I know Hogan got a lot of grief for telling everyone wrestling was a big con, on an episode of What's Up Doc in 1993. He did a media tour around the UK, appearing on a one hour show dedicated to him being interviewed by Jonathan Ross on BBC,

Was that not the Saturday Zoo on channel 4 where he was interviewed by Jonathan Ross? I remember him being on that around that time where he did a few basic moves on Rowland Rivron in a very "wink, wink it's fake" sort of way.

He was on that as well promoting Mr. Nanny. Ross did an interview show, where he'd interview a famous person, and that show was dedicated to Hogan. I had it on video a few years ago but its went walk about. It was the first time we heard his real name. Ross was talking like No Holds Barred and Suburban Commando were Citizen Kane. Hogan was trying to crack the UK at the time, which was odd. He was all over this country. I remember having a tape of him on Saturday Zoo, What's Up Doc, Noel's House Party and all the big shows. He presented an award at the British Comedy Awards as well. He even had an single out over here that charted far better than it should have. He's only ever wrestled here twice, as well, but he was all over television in the early 90s.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

He was on that as well promoting Mr. Nanny. Ross did an interview show, where he'd interview a famous person, and that show was dedicated to Hogan. I had it on video a few years ago but its went walk about. It was the first time we heard his real name. Ross was talking like No Holds Barred and Suburban Commando were Citizen Kane. Hogan was trying to crack the UK at the time, which was odd. He was all over this country. I remember having a tape of him on Saturday Zoo, What's Up Doc, Noel's House Party and all the big shows. He presented an award at the British Comedy Awards as well. He even had an single out over here that charted far better than it should have. He's only ever wrestled here twice, as well, but he was all over television in the early 90s.

Where did Hulk wrestle over here mate?

Where did Hulk wrestle over here mate?

He wrestled Randy Savage over here in 1989 and Sgt Slaughter over here in London in 1991. Dont know if he wrestled any other times to be honest.

Cool have you ever seen Hulk. I saw him when I was in Holiday in orlando?

• Paid Members
Did he not wrestle his last match for the WWF on a tour of the UK in 1993?

I think he just did two German dates of their European tour and got on the first bus home. Maybe he had a bad experience with Gary Glitter when he approched him about covering Leader of the Gang.

• Paid Members
I think he just did two German dates of their European tour and got on the first bus home.

He wrestled Yoko on these shows :

Vienna, Austria - July 29, 1993

Dortmund, Germany - July 30, 1993

Offenbach, Germany - July 31, 1993

Munich, Germany - August 1, 1993

Berlin, Germany - August 2, 1993

Edinburgh, Scotland - August 3, 1993

Earls Court - August 4, 1993

Toulon, France - August 5, 1993

Sheffield, England - August 6, 1993

Then left.

When did the term 'Attitude era' start being used? Was it during the era or was it after? Who came up with the term, was it the WWF/E or did it get called the attitude era by fans/writers? Hope this question makes sense.

When the WWF started doing the "attitude" campaign. I can't remember when it was, but I think it was when they started doing those "try lacing my boots, I am a real athlete really" ads:

Which, oddly enough, can't have been long before Vince's "LOL it's all fake, like Days of Our Lives" speech on Raw.

Did he not wrestle his last match for the WWF on a tour of the UK in 1993?

I think he just did two German dates of their European tour and got on the first bus home.

You can get a bus from Germany to America? That's pretty cool.

What actually is a dusty finish

Basically, Wrestler A announced as winner of the match, decision reversed on a technicality and match given to Wrestler B, either immediately after, or on the next show.

Often used in title matches, usually as a result of a ref bump and a) Wrestler A doing something illegal while he's out which is later alerted to the ref, or b) a second referee counting the fall for Wrestler A following something illegal, they then both work it out.

Given that the term is meant to be from Dusty Rhode's booking, somewhere shouldn't it be called Dusty's finish or am I thinking way way too much into it