UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Anyone fancy giving us some Shawn Michaels recommendations from free TV in his 2nd run?

Only really looking for matches, not so much interested in promos, skits, angles etc. I've saw most PPV's but i'd be lying if i said i was an avid weekly follower of the WWE in the past 7/8 years. I'm familiar with most of the well hyped ones like v HHH (last RAW of 2003), Shelton Benjamin, Angle (Iron man), 2nd match v Cena, and the Edge streetfight, but there must still be loads of great stuff that's almost forgotten or tends to be overlooked.

I accidentally stumbled across a bit of a gem from RAW v Jericho from 2003 too, which can't have been too long after their WM match. I've never heard any mention of it in any pimping lists, but it was pretty good stuff.

The one that I remember the most from tv was the match he had on Raw against RVD, think he was actually champion at that point too. So back end of 2002, or I could have imagined that he was champion and it was actually in 2003, but certainly no later than that. It was a decent match too.

Question of my own now...

Who were the regular announce team on WWF Prime Time in the 91/92 era? I know they had the discussion panel thing going on, but just wondering who called the exclusive matches. I gather that they showed highlights from the syndicated shows but I'm looking for the sets of Prime Time at the moment so I'm hoping for a lot of Bobby Heenan and Monsoon goodness, not the nightmare team of Mooney and Hayes.

Anyone fancy giving us some Shawn Michaels recommendations from free TV in his 2nd run?

Only really looking for matches, not so much interested in promos, skits, angles etc. I've saw most PPV's but i'd be lying if i said i was an avid weekly follower of the WWE in the past 7/8 years. I'm familiar with most of the well hyped ones like v HHH (last RAW of 2003), Shelton Benjamin, Angle (Iron man), 2nd match v Cena, and the Edge streetfight, but there must still be loads of great stuff that's almost forgotten or tends to be overlooked.

I accidentally stumbled across a bit of a gem from RAW v Jericho from 2003 too, which can't have been too long after their WM match. I've never heard any mention of it in any pimping lists, but it was pretty good stuff.

The one that I remember the most from tv was the match he had on Raw against RVD, think he was actually champion at that point too. So back end of 2002, or I could have imagined that he was champion and it was actually in 2003, but certainly no later than that. It was a decent match too.

I think i might actually have saw that one for the first time a couple of days ago, if it's where Van Dam looks to have won after hitting the frog splash, only for HHH to break it up then destroy Michaels, hitting a side backbreaker on a set-up chair. Was pretty good stuff if so, albeit a bit short. Probably expected a bit more from a marquee match like that, but that's the kind of stuff i'm looking for, cheers :)

• Paid Members

I'd say the match with Rey from the Eddy tribute Raw is worth watching. His world title match with Benoit in 2004. I was told the match where he Cena relieve Rated RKO of the tag straps was good, although I didnt see it. I quite enjoyed his rematch of sorts with heel Shelton Benjamin from early 2006. He had a good match with Jeff Hardy in 2003 during the teased Jeff turn.

Bumclass, to the best of my recollection it was Monsoon & Heenan more often than not on Prime Time 91-92.

Edited by air_raid_crash

• Paid Members

These are the best I can think of right now...

Teaming with Jeff Hardy vs Chrstian and Chris Jericho. Raw early 03

Teaming with Kevin Nash vs Ric Flair and Randy Orton in MSG. Raw June/July 03

Vs Chris Benoit. World title, early May 04 (a fucking classic!)

Vs Edge vs Chris Benoit. Raw before Taboo Tuesday 04

Vs Edge. Street fight. Raw early 2005 probably.

Vs MR Kennedy, sometime in 06..

Vs Edge vs Randy Orton. No1 contenders match for WM23, Raw Feb/March 07.

Vs John Cena. Raw January 09

The one night Rockers reunion's worth a watch as well for the fun factor, against La Resistance sometime in the build up to WM21

Edit. This one's great too http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbsojj_sh...foley-ben_sport

It's HBK,Benoit,Benjamin, and Foley vs Evolution. Cracking stuff.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
Can anyone suggest some good matches from Bret Harts time in WCW? I've seen the Benoit one but interested in seeing others.

Vs Flair. Souled Out 98

vs Savage. Slamboree 98

Vs Sting. Halloween Havoc 98

Vs Benoit. Mayhem 99. (I take it it was the Nitro match you've already seen?)

Oh, and there was a great match with DDP on Nitro sometime at the back end of 98, probably November.

Edit. Here's the DDP match http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66i4x_ni...-ddp_shortfilms

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Bret was back on forum from September 99 to December 99. His carry job of Lex Luger to a fantastic and heated match shows how good he was in his prime. Havent seen it for years, but I remember a 3-team cage match between the Outsiders vs Sid and Goldberg vs Benoit and Hart with Piper as the referee from Nitro. They must have thrown the kitchen sink at Raw to get a rating that night, with so many names in the main event.

• Paid Members

I thought his match with Benoit on an early 98 Nitro was a very good match, faster paced and exciting with a clear "face v heel" dynamic as opposed to their respectful babyface methodical technical masterpiece at the Kemper Area.

I personally would recommend a look at the DDP match from World War 3 1998 and the match with Booker T from an early 99 Nitro.

Good work with the HBK matches folks, thanks for that. Think i should find most of them other than the Hardy match from '03

I already watched a couple, and christ you're not kidding about the Benoit May '04 match - finish aside, that was absolutely immense stuff, Shawn going nuts with suicide moonsaults, a lion tamer, taking German after German..... hell, even his old teardrop suplex, which was pretty damn neat. Great match.

• Moderators
His carry job of Lex Luger to a fantastic and heated match shows how good he was in his prime.

Million times yes. His trading of the US title over one week in '98 with a motivated Luger gave use two fucking super matches. Also, Bret and DDP had some crackers. Him vs Deano Machino wasn't bad either.

He had a decent match main eventing Thunder against Disco Inferno in June '99 as well. And, while he was one of six, the triple team cage match where he teamed with Benoit vs Outsiders vs Goldberg/Sid was super as well. It also has the added bonus of putting Benoit over more than anything else he's ever done. Top, top match.