UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
The actual footage was pointless for the most part I though, unless I'm forgetting some thing.

They werent on a television network worth a fuck at the time and TNA had no identity of its own. It isnt like if TNA did it now. It created a bit of buzz and made them look on the level, which they never looked before. It didnt cost them a penny either. Hardly call it worthless. TNA was still an upstart at the time.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Got a few if anybody could help i'd be grateful.

1. What was the reason for all the press at ringside at WM 11?

2. Where the wrestlers really pissed off with them? Remember somebody telling them to move.

3. Was Nash being stiff with Shawn?

4. Did the photographers know Shawn was going to kick off with them and through them about?

5. Anybody know if the Bam/salt&pepper argument a work or did he really say something.

6. Did Earl Hebner really hurt his ankle in Nash/Michaels match or work?

7. Who played Jerry Lawers mother at IYH 1?

• Paid Members
The actual footage was pointless for the most part I though, unless I'm forgetting some thing.

They werent on a television network worth a fuck at the time and TNA had no identity of its own. It isnt like if TNA did it now. It created a bit of buzz and made them look on the level, which they never looked before. It didnt cost them a penny either. Hardly call it worthless. TNA was still an upstart at the time.

I guess, I can see where you are coming from. I just felt watching it at the time, quite new to TNA, that it made TNA look like a sad set trying to punch above their wight and be all cutting edge and instead looking like more of a Micky Mouse outfit than they were as they were putting out some good stuff.

I include the HHH and Vince segments in that too by the way

Edit:

From 10:40 for those who give a toss. It was better than I remember but not by much.

Again though I hate most things like this.

Edited by Tommy!

Got a few if anybody could help i'd be grateful.

1. What was the reason for all the press at ringside at WM 11?

2. Where the wrestlers really pissed off with them? Remember somebody telling them to move.

4. Did the photographers know Shawn was going to kick off with them and through them about?

5. Anybody know if the Bam/salt&pepper argument a work or did he really say something.

7. Who played Jerry Lawers mother at IYH 1?

One thing I always wondered was what was with the stupid headphones that Pettengill and JR had to wear.

• Paid Members

No, probably, work, work.

• Paid Members

This is probably true. Nash said in his shoot interview (and its also in Bret's book) that Michaels tried to show everyone at home and the WWF office the difference in class between the two and tried to blow Diesel up by outrunning him and not slowing the pace down. Nash said he put him in a hold and made him slow it down, so maybe a bit of friendly competition went on between the Dudes with Attitudes. He also said it wasnt anything underhand because Michaels used to say "Razor I'm better than you, and Nash I'm twice as good as you" when they were in the van, all the time.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Can someone give me the jist of Flair's 2nd WWF Title win?

I remember seeing it on TV, but I know it wasn't on PPV. Seemed strange for for no pay-off to the Flair/Savage fued. Also why didn't they fight at Summerslam that year?

I'm only guessing here, but when that generally happened around that period of time it was because they weren't drawing well at house shows.

• Paid Members

I believe Flair's 2nd WWF Title win is only on the WWF "1992: Year in Review" VHS. That's a cracking tape, if I recall correctly.

I believe Savage had a legit knee injury at the time. That might have been why they wanted to take the belt off him. It wasn't exactly clean. If I remember right, Razor Ramon interfered through-out.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I believe Flair's 2nd WWF Title win is only on the WWF "1992: Year in Review" VHS. That's a cracking tape, if I recall correctly.

I believe Savage had a legit knee injury at the time. That might have been why they wanted to take the belt off him. It wasn't exactly clean. If I remember right, Razor Ramon interfered through-out.

Didnt Ric have a injury as well that kept him out of Summerslam?

You do. Nice mix of PPV's, Prime Time matches, and video exclusives. Also had Jannetty and Michaels first televised match which was pretty fun. Those tapes really turned to shit after '93 when they basically became PPV highlight tapes.

Didnt Ric have a injury as well that kept him out of Summerslam?

He might have had an injury, but i don't think it would've kept him out of Summerslam, as the match in question was only a couple of nights after it. I have no idea why he wasn't working a match, that whole event was booked extremely strangely with 3 of the feature matches being heel v heel or face v face. I'd have probably said the most logical thing to go with would be Flair/Savage and Warrior/Papa Shango, but for whatever reason, they chose to book the 2nd biggest show of the year with Kamala essentially working as the 'top' heel. It was a bit of mess, but somehow they managed to make it work and put on a great show.

From what i remember of that angle, after Warrior was announced as being the #1 contender for Summerslam, Flair and Perfect started shit-stirring, saying they were going to be in the other ones corner and getting them both suspicious of each other. It turned out to just be 'Part 1 of a plan to soften Savage up, so his subsequent title shot (plan B) would be against a weakened opponent. The ending was pretty cool where Savage wouldn't submit, and instead got pinned with the figure 4 as he fell unconscious. The duo of Flair and Perfect were tonnes of fun around that period.