UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Rock-Michaels is supposedly down to Michaels working on a show in Hawaii in the mid-80s run by Rock's mum, Michaels being a dick backstage, and an early teens Dwayne Johnson being all "grrr" at seeing his mum disrespected.

• Paid Members
- Have Vince McMahon and Jeff Jarrett ended their feud?

It's not really a feud is it? Their association ended acrimoniously and neither has had a reason or desire to work with the other since.

Jarrett agreed to job to Chyna and then he said "fuck it, I want some extras for all the PPV paydays I've been fucked on" and held the belt up until he got a cheque from JR and McMahon. Then he left. McMahon even fired him live on Nitro in possibly the funniest piece of "dont fuck with me" ego trips I've ever seen. He's also joined the select group where they dont erase him from history because they think its funny to bury him on DVD's like the Four Horsemen one and the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD.

Professional differences/envy/whatever. Rock thought he should be on top, Michaels thought it should be his buddy Hunter.

That had nothing to do with it. It went back to when the Rockers were being cocks to his Mam and back to 1996/97 when Michaels made his life miserable. The Rocks never liked him. Anyway, the Rock didnt "think he should be ontop". Michaels was trying to get The Rock removed from the main event of WrestleMania 15 behind his back to Vince McMahon. It wasnt until later that the Rock found out about it.

EDIT: Lister got a better detailed version of the Hawaii story above.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

I thought that Jarrett just asked for/demanded his owed PPV bonuses upfront, rather than the usual method of waiting ages for each one to come through individually. Considering he was out of contract and being asked to job to Chyna, he could have just walked and gotten a fat WCW contract anyway.

• Paid Members
I thought that Jarrett just asked for/demanded his owed PPV bonuses upfront, rather than the usual method of waiting ages for each one to come through individually. Considering he was out of contract and being asked to job to Chyna, he could have just walked and gotten a fat WCW contract anyway.

Think of the time honoured tradition!

Seriously though, Jarrett says all this on his King of the Mountain DVD. His words were to Jim Ross (after agreeing on everything with Vince McMahon) "you changed the game halfway through my contract, now am changing the game on you". I suppose its all fair from Jarrett's end, because he was owed that money. They just didnt like the whole threatening to walk out thing. Especially when he'd walked out in 1995 during a storyline.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

We all remember the Dungeon of Doom, right? What happened to the faction before that, "The Alliance to End Hulkamania", with The Butcher, Kevin Sullivan and the Avalanche? How did we get from them to the Dungeon of Doom.

Basically, how did the first group break up?

Thanks.

• Awards Moderator

My first shout would be Jericho as I don't remember him getting injured or being off a PPV between about 2000 to when he left in 2005. He may have missed the odd one, but of all the mainstays of the recent era I think he was the least injury prone.

• Paid Members

17 in a row is still very impressive considering most of them were before "twelve a year" kicked in.

By my reckoning the Rock didn't miss wrestling a show between In Your House Badd Blood and WrestleMania XVII which makes 42. Including three years of every show (98-2000). Jericho can't match that due to omission from Backlash 02, Austin can't as he missed shows in his prime 97-99 years due to neck, knee and further neck injuries.

I did think about Kane's stretch starting at In Your House No Way Out 98 but off the top of my head I can't remember if he wrestled at Rock Bottom, have a feeling he was omitted from that one.

Any advances on The Rock? Or am I a moron and he did miss a show?

Edited by air_raid_crash