UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Is Jimmy Hart involved in TNA? I ask because WWE and Mattel had some collector's event in America the other day and they were selling (or giving away) a Legends t-shirt that had Jake Roberts, Sgt Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Hart and Papa Shango on it. Leaving aside the total absurdity of Papa Shango being on such a t-shirt, I thought the Mouth of the South was still affiliated with TNA in some fashion.

Hogan uploaded a video on Twitter from tomorrows Impact taping where J.Hizzle (thats Hogans nickname for him) has the headset at the little event centre thing in Universal with Jason Hervey and the production team. So Jimmy Hart is definitely still with TNA. He helps out as an agent, in production, he goes on the road and helps with local radio advertising and promotion. Harts a real asset to any promotion. WWE used him in the same role for years. He's proper workhorse.

Here you go. Its got footage of tomorrows Impact on the little screen so if you dont want to know the score look away now.

http://www.twitvid.com/XFYYQ

As far as the music goes, it wouldnt matter if Hart worked for TNA or not. Hogans nWo-remix and American Made is all ran through the Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment group, as is everything Hogan does.

Weird that WWE would put him on a t-shirt, then. Mind, no weirder than Papa Shango.

Where's Beth Phoenix? is she injured? sorry if it's already here but I'm sure you can all understand me not wanting to read through 200 pages.

Yeah. Not long after she turned babyface and won the Women's title, she got injured in a match with Rosa Mendes. Happened in May, I think.

• Paid Members
Where's Beth Phoenix? is she injured? sorry if it's already here but I'm sure you can all understand me not wanting to read through 200 pages.

Yeah. Not long after she turned babyface and won the Women's title, she got injured in a match with Rosa Mendes. Happened in May, I think.

Thanks dude, hope she comes back soon, although probably best let that new 6'9 chick (I'm really excited about) kick a bit of arse first.

• Paid Members

I wasnt watching alot of WWE around 2007, so I have to ask: before his death what was the standard of Chris Benoits matches? Was he still performing at a world class level or did he go off the boil? Cant remember seeing much of him around this period and cant for the life of me remember how good his matches were. Did he turn shite or what?

I wasnt watching alot of WWE around 2007, so I have to ask: before his death what was the standard of Chris Benoits matches? Was he still performing at a world class level or did he go off the boil? Cant remember seeing much of him around this period and cant for the life of me remember how good his matches were. Did he turn shite or what?

He came back to Smackdown at No Mercy 2006 and had a smashing surprise bout with William Regal. Following this, he won the US Title and feuded with Chavo Guerrero for a bit, and then he had a nice little feud with MVP over Wrestlemania season until he was drafted to ECW in June. You know what happened two weeks later... He was doing what he had been doing since late 2004 or so, wrestling brilliant mid card matches. If he wasn't in the shape he was metally (and physically as well, I guess|), I think he deserved another main event run due to steeling the show on Smackdown every week.

• Paid Members

He'd gotten very stale. Bearing in mind that he'd been on TV for 10 years and never really had a character to speak of, there was the overwhelming feeling that you'd seen everything. There was something missing from the matches too. He was still very competent but compared to the period at the begininning of the decade when he was utterly sensational, he'd gone off the boil.

Personally I'd not found Benoit to be particularly interesting or entertaining since his World Championship run ended in the summer of 2004. I concede he continued to have great matches, but without any particularly engaging angles and storylines, he just muddled on and, to me, became a bog-standard SmackDown mid-carder whom it was difficult to care about.

I often wondered what would have happened to Benoit had things not happened the way they did on that fateful weekend. I know he was due for a run as ECW Champion; does anyone think that might have perked his career a bit? Back then, ECW was still vaguely an important WWE TV show, and they did need an established babyface to hold or challenge for the title, as CM Punk hadn't quite made it at that point.

• Paid Members

Back in 1990-ish, WWF ran an angle where Ravishing Rick Rude was insulting Big Boss Man's mother. Eventually, it was annoucned that they had fired him as a result.

Where they actually going to go somewhere with this, but had to fire him / he left for another reason, or did they know they were going to sack him and used that as an excuse?

• Paid Members

Rude and Vince had a falling out, I forget what it was about (I think either pay or push/lack thereof) so Rude quit/was released. Have hazy recollection of Rude being fed up having to make Warrior look good. He was scheduled to be on the Natural Disasters at Survivor Series, and would ultimately have either been another roadblock Bossman would have had to go through on the way to Mr Perfect, or possibly Perfect was a substitute and the original plan involved Bossman meeting Rude at the end of the run.