UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Nah, Michaels was out for four years. Mind you, with injuries, Trips probably isn't far off that either, including time spent on SmackDown.

Mark Henry may be in with a shot. If he hadn't spent so much time on SmackDown, I'd say Taker too. Jericho's probably up there too, even over a shorter time.

So, overall, I'd guess at it being along the lines of HHH, Mark Henry, JBL and Jericho.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know why Pillman, Z-man and the Road Warriors wore tassled armbands at WrestleWar 90?

I can't read the writing on them so I'm not sure if it's some stupid Herd-era merch or an actual tribute to someone who died.

I remember seeing a few minor celebrities in the front row at a few of WWE's UK ppvs over the years, like Chris Tarrant, Eamonn Holmes, and Gianfranco Zola.

Have any celebs been in the crowd at UFC events over here?

Does anyone know why Pillman, Z-man and the Road Warriors wore tassled armbands at WrestleWar 90?

I can't read the writing on them so I'm not sure if it's some stupid Herd-era merch or an actual tribute to someone who died.

They were Sting armbands, Sting had been injured at the Clash of the Champions and couldn't win his first world title from Ric Flair (as was scheduled for WrestleWar '90) and a bunch of top babyfaces were showing their support by wearing the armbands. Lex Luger did a quickie babyface turn at the 11th hour and challenged Flair in a thrilling match (and another at Capital Combat '90 which further enhanced Luger's 'choker' status when it came to winning the big one). Sting returned and won the belt at Great American Bash '90.

It's a bit like in D.C. comics after Doomsday had killed Superman, all the other Justice League characters wore armbands with the iconic "S" logo in their own unrelated strips.

I remember seeing a few minor celebrities in the front row at a few of WWE's UK ppvs over the years, like Chris Tarrant, Eamonn Holmes, and Gianfranco Zola.

Have any celebs been in the crowd at UFC events over here?

England rugby union chief Martin Johnson was front row for the first London event, though I don't believe that was acknowledged on the TV broadcast...