UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

It was initially a way to get a big rating by announcing Diesel and Razor were returning. They were then going to have Jim Ross manage them as a heel. Jim Ross was actually going to do a character like JR from Dallas. He refused to wear a cowboy hat (because he felt it was to much of a piss take) and they dropped the idea and were stuck with two blokes doing Razor and Diesels gimmick, so instead they just buried Hall and Nash everytime they were in the ring by saying stuff like "the new Diesel can at least do more than 3 moves". Nitro and Raw were filled with little personal attacks on commentary back then.

Of course, since JR refused nobody forgot about it and they eventually forced him to wear the cowboy hat everywhere a few months later. Probably threatened to take away whatever pills he took to stop him getting his numb face again or something.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The wrestlers are the stars. They aren't going to announce who is writing the shows. Its a giant revolving door anyway. Its just Gewertz lasted longer than everyone else. Triple H, Michael Hayes and Pat Patterson were the lead writers for the Royal Rumble with Vince overseeing the script, though. As long as Vince doesn't die or something the direction is always likely to be the same. He has the final say on everything.

About the fake Razor and Diesel. I liked the fact in 93 they were running an ad with a girl sitting on a bench and a guy coming up dressed as various characters, Bret Hart, Tatanka, Razor and Savage. She doesn't look up from her book until the real Savage appears. The tagline "except no imitations". The fake Razor a few years later looks closer to the guy in the advert than Scott Hall.

Just seen a Youtube video of some fat mong having a fit and smashing his DVDs because The Rock beat CM Punk. Does anyone know where I can find that hilarious video from a few years ago of that kid who looked like Meatloaf shouting 'PUUUUUUUUNK!' at the camera after he beats Jeff Hardy?

Speaking about that overreacted Kid I remember several years ago there was a video of a kid crying his eyes out getting emotionally upset saying "Its still real to me dammit". I think Jim Cornette & Dennis Condrey were answering questions and wondered if anyone knows what the event was called.