UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I was reading about Summerslam 88 on wiki and read this

The original plan for SummerSlam was to bring Ric Flair over from the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) to the WWF. Vince McMahon, the owner of the WWF, wanted Flair to challenge Savage in the main event for the WWF Championship. Flair, however, felt obligated to the NWA and did not leave the promotion for the WWF. Therefore, Hogan and Savage were paired together to end their feuds with their respective on-screen rivals.

Is this just someone making it up or did Vince really plan that?

Edited by the_mole

I was reading about Summerslam 88 on wiki and read this

The original plan for SummerSlam was to bring Ric Flair over from the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) to the WWF. Vince McMahon, the owner of the WWF, wanted Flair to challenge Savage in the main event for the WWF Championship. Flair, however, felt obligated to the NWA and did not leave the promotion for the WWF. Therefore, Hogan and Savage were paired together to end their feuds with their respective on-screen rivals.

Is this just someone making it up or did Vince really plan that?

It's true. In his book, Flair documents a meeting he had with McMahon in 1988 to thrash out a deal. He also goes on to say that signing for the WWF the second time, McMahon insisted they shake on it and told him "When I shake your hand, I'm taking you at your word" because Flair backed out of joining the WWF in '88.

We found out earlier this week that WWE has now banned their wrestlers from wrestling with gloves on. My question is, when Goldust was on Raw last week - was he wearing gloves?

I cant answer that, but I missed that news earlier in the week. What are the reason(s) for that banning?

We found out earlier this week that WWE has now banned their wrestlers from wrestling with gloves on. My question is, when Goldust was on Raw last week - was he wearing gloves?

I cant answer that, but I missed that news earlier in the week. What are the reason(s) for that banning?

I'm not sure of the reasons (If there is even one, or is it just Vince McMahon's latest power trip episode), but Dolph Ziggler posted this on his Twitter account:

"I don't wear gloves anymore! They have been banned from ringside! Hopefully we can atleast High-5!".

• Paid Members
Anyone know what the secondary theme is for NXT? I know they have the "Wild and Young" one, but there's another one that plays occasionally, I think part of it was used in the opening video this past week.

It's called 'Get Thru This' by Art of Dying, and was also the theme for last year's Survivor Series.

• Paid Members

This can't be true...can it? I haven't seen all of Smackdown yet but, ive seen the opening and Kane is sporting his one glove and i find it hard to believe Mysterio and Undertaker are going to be told to stop wearing gloves. Ziggler didn't wear gloves to begin with...you sure it's not wrist tape/having their fists taped? Again, would be hard to picture Triple H without the signature taped fist though.

Richie, that was just the usual case of Skeeavone being a fucking spoon, rather than any kind of plan, I hope.

Thanks for that bud, it doesn't make any sense at all does it!?

On topic - Who donned the Doink gear on RAW the other week before the PPV in the 8 man tag bout?

Richie, that was just the usual case of Skeeavone being a fucking spoon, rather than any kind of plan, I hope.

Thanks for that bud, it doesn't make any sense at all does it!?

On topic - Who donned the Doink gear on RAW the other week before the PPV in the 8 man tag bout?

Meltzer reported in the Observer that he thought it was Nick Dinsmore.

A new person has started at work today called Chris Cruise. I swear I remember that name from wrestling, but where??

He was a commentator who popped up on the WCW syndicated shows in the early 1990s. He also commentated on the AAA "When Worlds Collide" PPV with Mike Tenay I think.

Edit: As above.

Edited by fraserbee