UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Utterly off-topic, but I just saw the Oz episode with "NIGERIA, CAFETERIA.... MY DIARRHOE-IA!" and am glad I now realise where I recognised it from.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members
2) The story at the time was that Luger was going to win the title at Mania 10, but got drunk one night and told folks so, and was denied the title win.

That turned out to be bollocks though. Luger was dead on his arse long before WrestleMania X (thats why they did the double victory at the Rumble, to see who the hottest babyface was). The plan from Royal Rumble was for Bret to win the belt. If they were scared people knew the result of the main event of Mania before hand, they would have given Luger the belt because everyone was expecting Hart to regain it anyway.

I have read somewhere (not sure where) that the main event was meant to be Luger/Bret. So Luger was meant to beat Yoko, so they got the best of both worlds; the USA victory, then a great match on top.

• Paid Members
I got one.

In the Christmas 2001 issue of Powerslam, they ran a two page analysis on CZW's Cage Of Death 3. It mentions that 1,900 people packed the ECW Arena (with several hundred turned away at the door). Being in 2001, this was before the venue was done up, so the max capacity wouldn't have been between 1,000 and 1,200, like it is now.

Rewind a few more years before that. In 1995/1996, Powerslam frequently ran reports on the Arena shows. In these articles, it talks about the shows being sold out, each show containing between 1,200 and 1,400 people.

Tell me CZW don't have the record for attendance at an ECW Arena show . . . ? That just doesn't look right.

I posted this a few weeks ago and for some reason, it's been bugging the shit out of me.

Anyone?!

• Paid Members

It may be that CZW holds the record for inflating attendance figures at the ECW Arena.

Put it this way: the fire brigade legal capacity for the building was 1,080 when I visited in 1996. At that show the claimed attendance was 1,500 (which may have been inflated) and the building was absolutely packed, to the point that it took 20 minutes to get from one side to the other.

I also did a headcount on a freeze frame of Barely Legal which showed the entire crowd and it was somewhere in the 1000-1200 range.

Regardless of what CZW drew, I can't see how you could physically get 1,900 people in the building.

I am currently downloading the latest episode of TNA IMPACT. I have not tuned in since they declared 'war' with the WWE, ... the show that started with that cage thing that no one could climb out of, and Hardy came down.

Has it got better or worse since then, just so I am prepared, if it could possibly get any worse?

Dead not obvious who you are.

Someone who sleeps all night and works all day, I reckon. Someone who goes shopping every Wednesday and has buttered scones for his tea.

• Paid Members

Bit of an ask for the FWA fans out there. I'm trying to compile a list of the current active roster. This is what i've got at the moment but was wondering if people could confirm that everyone is on the list. I only keep up through the stuff on YouTube so i'm not greatly knowledgable.

Martin Stone, Leroy Kincaide, Dave Moralez, Iestyn Rees, Joel Redman, The Kartel (Terry Frazier and Sha Samuels), Jonny Storm, Rockstar Spud, El Ligero, RJ Singh, The Leaders of the New School (Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre Jr. ), Northern Xposure (CJ banks and Joey Hayes), Stixx, Paul Malen, Jon Ryan, Derice Coffie, Project Ego (Kris Travis and Scotty Hexx), Retro Pop (Dave Rayne and Sam Bailey) and The Daredevil Dragons (Shane Spyral and Flyin' Ryan). Also from what i've heard Andy Boy Simmonz, Bubblegum, Darren Burridge and Johnny Moss are on the roster but are inactive at the present time.

Also could anyone give me names for the entourages of both Rockstar Spud and RJ Singh, as well as the name of Jon Ryan's new manager?

• Paid Members
Bit of an ask for the FWA fans out there. I'm trying to compile a list of the current active roster. This is what i've got at the moment but was wondering if people could confirm that everyone is on the list. I only keep up through the stuff on YouTube so i'm not greatly knowledgable.

Martin Stone, Leroy Kincaide, Dave Moralez, Iestyn Rees, Joel Redman, The Kartel (Terry Frazier and Sha Samuels), Jonny Storm, Rockstar Spud, El Ligero, RJ Singh, The Leaders of the New School (Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre Jr. ), Northern Xposure (CJ banks and Joey Hayes), Stixx, Paul Malen, Jon Ryan, Derice Coffie, Project Ego (Kris Travis and Scotty Hexx), Retro Pop (Dave Rayne and Sam Bailey) and The Daredevil Dragons (Shane Spyral and Flyin' Ryan). Also from what i've heard Andy Boy Simmonz, Bubblegum, Darren Burridge and Johnny Moss are on the roster but are inactive at the present time.

Also could anyone give me names for the entourages of both Rockstar Spud and RJ Singh, as well as the name of Jon Ryan's new manager?

A quick look on google says RJ's are Darrell Amrah & Adil Khan but doesn't name the excellent chap with the megaphone. Don't hold me to that, I'm just going on google.

Spuds are Jimmy Crash and Callum Piper.

I found this in the last FWA thread on the chap with Ryan

It was Richie West, alias Richard Dunn of NGW, and the new head of Richie's International Promotions.

Hope that helps. Why you want to know, just to be nosey

• Paid Members

A quick look on google says RJ's are Darrell Amrah & Adil Khan but doesn't name the excellent chap with the megaphone. Don't hold me to that, I'm just going on google.

Spuds are Jimmy Crash and Callum Piper.

I found this in the last FWA thread on the chap with Ryan

It was Richie West, alias Richard Dunn of NGW, and the new head of Richie's International Promotions.

Hope that helps. Why you want to know, just to be nosey

Cheers for the help, much appreciated. Nothing important, going to start a game on the awesome Extreme Warfare Revenge as the FWA and want to make sure I have the roster spot on. :)

What MMA magazines do folks here recommend? As I should be in a position to see all major UFC events from next month onwards, a bit of reading would supplement things nicely.

Cheers my lovelies.

Fighters Only magazine is the biggest selling UK publication, and usually carries some interesting interviews, fight reports and predictions etc.

To be honest though, you should find all you need by visiting both MMA Junkie.com and Sherdog.com (the site, don't go near their forums), with MMA news.com offering some decent articles too.

Oh, and UFC.com obviously.

What MMA magazines do folks here recommend? As I should be in a position to see all major UFC events from next month onwards, a bit of reading would supplement things nicely.

Cheers my lovelies.

Fighters Only magazine is the biggest selling UK publication, and usually carries some interesting interviews, fight reports and predictions etc.

To be honest though, you should find all you need by visiting both MMA Junkie.com and Sherdog.com (the site, don't go near their forums), with MMA news.com offering some decent articles too.

Oh, and UFC.com obviously.

Thanks, David. :)