UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does any one in the UK use a quote from terminator when they come out in the music or whatever?

Namely the "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear" bit. It induced a thought of some show some where and I don't know why.

Yes, a heel faction in 1PW uses it. Opens with that quote, then mixes into an instrumental version of Mein Herz Brennt by Rammstein. If you need it, I can probably upload it and send it to you.

Other than Ryder, Matt Striker was drafted away as a wrestler and then went back as the commentator. Don't believe there's anyone else.

I know you're right about that, but I can't place when his period as a manager was between then. I'm SURE he was wrestling on ECW directly before switching to managing Big Daddy V... did he leave ECW after that? That doesn't seem right...

Striker wrestled on ECW, managed on ECW, wrestled on Raw, commentated on ECW, then commentated on Smackdown. So yeh he did return to ECW too, but not as a wrestler.

Whatever became of Outcast Video and Strong Style Tapes?

I used to buy from Outcast Video all the time, collecting those 50p tokens. The guys that ran the place stopped selling bootlegged stuff and concentrated on original dvds and then stopped altogether after a while, dont know why. They were top sellers, pretty cheap and introduced me to ROH and then PWG. Im sure they were also the first to stock TNA dvds in the UK too.

Other than Ryder, Matt Striker was drafted away as a wrestler and then went back as the commentator. Don't believe there's anyone else.

I know you're right about that, but I can't place when his period as a manager was between then. I'm SURE he was wrestling on ECW directly before switching to managing Big Daddy V... did he leave ECW after that? That doesn't seem right...

Striker wrestled on ECW, managed on ECW, wrestled on Raw, commentated on ECW, then commentated on Smackdown. So yeh he did return to ECW too, but not as a wrestler.

I remember an episode of Smackdown where Striker lost to either Hornswoggle or Finlay. I think it was right after WrestleMania 24, and he must have been on the ECW roster at the time, appearing on Smackdown because of whatever "talent agreement" they were doing at the time. So he was still wrestling (sporadically) on the ECW roster after Big Daddy V went.

• Paid Members

Does any one in the UK use a quote from terminator when they come out in the music or whatever?

Namely the "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear" bit. It induced a thought of some show some where and I don't know why.

Yes, a heel faction in 1PW uses it. Opens with that quote, then mixes into an instrumental version of Mein Herz Brennt by Rammstein. If you need it, I can probably upload it and send it to you.

Thank you for the offer but I don't need it, I was just watching the film and that line made me think of a wrestling show some where, I was sure some one used it on an entrance but couldn't put my finger on it.

You've put my mind at rest, and I'd assume that its a good thing for it to stick with me as it did.

• Paid Members
Did Scott Steiner and Vader ever have a singles match? Because I imagine that'd be fucking awesome.

Can't find any instance were they had an actual singles match, but they faced each other in various tag-team bouts.

Rick & Scott Steiner vs. Vader/Bam Bam Bigelow (NJPW)

Cactus Jack/Vader/Mr. Hughes vs. Sting/Rick & Scott Steiner (WCW)

Can't find the dates, but I'd imagine the matches happened around 1991.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Rewatching Wrestlemania 6 last night and some questions

1. Was Andre not wrestling at all as part of the Colossal Connection due to his illness completely fecking him over at that point. Was the face turn meant to be some kind of retirement payoff as at that point all Andre was capable of

2. How did the Barbarian never make it as a super monster destroyer heel, Built like a brick shit outs great move set and top rope clothesline had a decent finisher, and Bobby the Brain as manager.. the Post Powers of Pain pre.. Hunter Version was immense!

3. Why are the earlier matches clipped? and O Canada missing on the Silver Vision/Colloseum release but included on telecasts including Eurosports coverage

4. Why is there blood on the mat of the ring before the first match. who bladed/got cut out of Paul Roma and the Brooklyn Brawler

5. Was Heenan Censured for the Clearly audible F-bombs when admonishing Andre

6. Why was it decided to give Brutii the 1st? Pinfall win over Mr Perfect?

7. Why is Mr Perfects Rolling Neck Snap never available as a move in Wrestling game.

That will do for the mo

Rewatching Wrestlemania 6 last night and some questions

1. Was Andre not wrestling at all as part of the Colossal Connection due to his illness completely fecking him over at that point. Was the face turn meant to be some kind of retirement payoff as at that point all Andre was capable of

He did get in the ring - it was clipped from the official tape though. But yes - the WWF wanted to turn him face before he retired.

3. Why are the earlier matches clipped? and O Canada missing on the Silver Vision/Colloseum release but included on telecasts including Eurosports coverage

To fit it onto the tape.

7. Why is Mr Perfects Rolling Neck Snap never available as a move in Wrestling game.

Probably too hard to program.

6. Why was it decided to give Brutii the 1st? Pinfall win over Mr Perfect?

I've read that before he got his face fucked in the accident, Beefcake was due to get an IC run in 1990, winning the gold at Summerslam 90. With Perfect set to win the belt weeks after Mania, this would make for a nice reason to feud. Obviously it didn't happen in the end, and Kerry Von Erich cokewalked his way through the push instead.