The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

What issues does the first TPB cover, Zuesy? I could check but I'm OH SO lazy. Because I'd advise not bothering with Authority after issue 12.

Argh, must check this thread more, so much stuff to catch up with...

Deadpool V2
Love the character, and his previous series with (and without) Cable. The new series with Way writing...I gave it a chance, it stunk. Not funny, not gripping.

I just got the collected Alan Moore DC Stories in the post.
Oh man, the Green Lantern annual stories that (I think) are in there are beautiful bits of science fiction writing. Just take an interesting concept and stretch a fun little tale around it. Of course, these tales of Green Lantern that Moore knocked out in an afternoon each now form the basis for the entirety of three years of stories for modern DC...

I have a hankering for some other unique Batman graphic novels

I recomend The Long Halloween, any collections of Batman Adventures, stuff that collects the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams stuff (Like Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams) and Batman And The Monster Men. I thought Hush sucked, frankly.

Edited by Alexander

"For The Man Who Has Everything" is pretty damn good, and has the single best Superman panel I've ever seen, when he looks up at Mongul with heat-vision-infused eyes and utters one word:

"BURN."

Because I'm in a generous mood (and my phone needs a new wallpaper:

3194161817_9f02c4c491_o.jpg

All-time favourite single comic panel might be an interesting thread (although it'd just get full of people going "can someone find me this, it's from a comic from the 1980s sometime" then get annoyed when no-one answered them).

Hi Guys.:)

One of my favourite panels is from identity crisis where the JLA take on deathstroke and hes kicking their ass and green arrow jumps on slade's back and say's " Hey Slade There's something in your eye" before stabbing him in the eye with an arrow.

David

Edited by Lucha fan

What issues does the first TPB cover, Zuesy? I could check but I'm OH SO lazy. Because I'd advise not bothering with Authority after issue 12.

It covers issues 1-8, good knowing that it deteriorates after issue 12. There are so many other titles I want to read too from recommendations, such as Jonah Hex, Loveless and Powers - I'll trawl eBay and second hand shops for Powers as it seems to be so expensive on the usual book websites.

Volume 3 of The Boys has just been despatched by Waterstones - I've really been enjoying this series and Billy Butcher reminds me a little bit of Jack Hawksmoor.

I got volume 11 of Fables for Christmas and it didn't disappoint - still the best comic series I have ever read. Be interesting to see what happens next as the main story arc has come to an end. Interestingly I read that a pilot of Fables is being made in view of becoming a TV series - it'll be fascinating to see how that works out.

• Paid Members

Alexander, that Hellblazer one was a fantastic choice. I can't upload them but off the top of my head these come to mind.

- The Dark Knight Returns, a wounded Batman standing next to The Joker's corpses with a sick grin all over it.

- The Joker plasting that guys head off at the start of Arkham Asylum: A Serious Place On A Serious Earth

- Jesse and Tulip walking off into the sunset on horseback.

- Captain Marvel standing over a fallen Superman at the end of the penultimum chapter of Kingdome Come.

I got volume 11 of Fables for Christmas and it didn't disappoint - still the best comic series I have ever read. Be interesting to see what happens next as the main story arc has come to an end. Interestingly I read that a pilot of Fables is being made in view of becoming a TV series - it'll be fascinating to see how that works out.

Fables is so consistantly brilliant it's hard to talk about it meaningfully! The Jack Of Fables spin off is great, too...A TV show though...Not convinced. As far as what happens when the main arc is over, the latest issue has a BIG change of status quo.

Fables is so consistantly brilliant it's hard to talk about it meaningfully! The Jack Of Fables spin off is great, too...A TV show though...Not convinced. As far as what happens when the main arc is over, the latest issue has a BIG change of status quo.

I'm a trade paperback buyer so I have a long time to wait until I get another taste of Fables, Always feels very tempting when I'm in a comic book shop and I see the next single issue of a series I follow. As for Jack of Fables, at first I didn't warm to his character in the Fables story but as time went on I found him more endearing and by the time he was ready to split I couldn't think of anyone better to have a spin-off series. I did read that Cinderella was going to have a 6 issue spin-off too, but I haven't heard any more on that.

Diamonds list of the top selling comics and graphic novels of 2008 is out -

2008 TOP 10 COMIC BOOKS

Quantity

Rank Description Price Publisher

1 SECRET INVASION #1 $3.99 Marvel Comics

2 SECRET INVASION #2 $3.99 Marvel Comics

3 SECRET INVASION #3 $3.99 Marvel Comics

4 SECRET INVASION #4 $3.99 Marvel Comics

5 SECRET INVASION #5 $3.99 Marvel Comics

6 SECRET INVASION #6 $3.99 Marvel Comics

7 UNCANNY X-MEN #500 $3.99 Marvel Comics

8 SECRET INVASION #7 $3.99 Marvel Comics

9 FINAL CRISIS #1 $3.99 DC Comics

10 SECRET INVASION #8 $3.99 Marvel Comics

2008 TOP 10 GRAPHIC NOVELS & TRADE PAPERBACKS

Quantity

Rank Description Price Publisher

1 WATCHMEN TP $19.99 DC Comics

2 BATMAN THE KILLING JOKE SPECIAL ED HC $17.99 DC Comics

3 JOKER HC $19.99 DC Comics

4 Y THE LAST MAN TP VOL 10 WHYS AND WHEREFORES $14.99 DC Comics

5 WALKING DEAD TP VOL 08 MADE TO SUFFER $14.99 Image Comics

6 BATMAN DARK KNIGHT RETURNS TP $14.99 DC Comics

7 FABLES TP VOL 10: THE GOOD PRINCE $17.99 DC Comics

8 WANTED GN $19.99 Image Comics

9 BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 8 TP VOL 02: NO FUTURE FOR YOU $15.95 Dark Horse Comics

10 Y THE LAST MAN TP VOL 01 UNMANNED $12.99 DC Comics

So, Marvel get all the best selling singles, while DC dominate the reprint market. Sad that most of the DC stuff is pretty old, though...And that so many people bought Secret Invasion :/ You can see that people were dropping it, though obviously not in huge amounts. Peanut heads.

Hell, let's have some more panels to cheer me up -

SpiderWinter.jpg

SupermanLetHimDown.jpg

JLA4TheWin.jpg

Edited by Alexander