The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

I know nothing about architecture and suchlike, so the WTC thing is beyond my ken. The Pentagon thing puzzles the hell out of me though. How does a plane coming in like that just vanish? Leave virtually no debris? Leave a small hole that goes right through the building but doesn't even scorch the paint, never mind break the windows above? It seems very, very odd. Of course, the "getting hit by a plane" drill the same day is just too weird for words.

• Paid Members

I know nothing about architecture and suchlike, so the WTC thing is beyond my ken. The Pentagon thing puzzles the hell out of me though. How does a plane coming in like that just vanish? Leave virtually no debris? Leave a small hole that goes right through the building but doesn't even scorch the paint, never mind break the windows above? It seems very, very odd. Of course, the "getting hit by a plane" drill the same day is just too weird for words.

Maybe the wall was so re-enforced (like Fort Knox, or something) that, when the plane crashed into it, it just compressed itself into nothing.I remember there was a Liveleak.com video explaining all of this. Unfortunately can't find it.

Maybe the wall was so re-enforced (like Fort Knox, or something) that, when the plane crashed into it, it just compressed itself into nothing.I remember there was a Liveleak.com video explaining all of this. Unfortunately can't find it.
Now now, there's no need for facts in this thread.Let the nutters think it was remote controlled arab missiles piloted by bigfoot or something.It was a great idea to attack it's own countries most important building don't you agree?, no, that's because it's pissing idiotic.The CIA are fantastic, they've spent 50 years convincing idiots they're useless, which is why they're so dangerous to whom they oppose, as they're clearly the best in the world.

• Moderators

Now now, there's no need for facts in this thread.Let the nutters think it was remote controlled arab missiles piloted by bigfoot or something.It was a great idea to attack it's own countries most important building don't you agree?, no, that's because it's pissing idiotic.The CIA are fantastic, they've spent 50 years convincing idiots they're useless, which is why they're so dangerous to whom they oppose, as they're clearly the best in the world.

Have you even read the fucking thread at all?You're attacking a stance that isn't even represented by anyone who has been posting in it.

• Paid Members

Maybe the wall was so re-enforced (like Fort Knox, or something) that, when the plane crashed into it, it just compressed itself into nothing.

Now now, there's no need for facts in this thread.
That's not a fact - the plane penetrated the building.

From what I read, it's just that the wings were the least strong part of the plane, and broke off before the main bit could penetrate. It didn't vanish, either, it's just the US government are understandably unwilling to release photos of the inside of one of the most secret buildings on earth.

From what I read, it's just that the wings were the least strong part of the plane, and broke off before the main bit could penetrate. It didn't vanish, either, it's just the US government are understandably unwilling to release photos of the inside of one of the most secret buildings on earth.
That would make sense if 1. there was any wing debris left outside the building, 2. the hole was big enough for a jet plane to get through (in fact, it's only a metre or two wide), and 3. there weren't pictures from inside the first ring of the Pentagon showing the hole from the other side. The official explanation was that the plane was vapourised on impact (because clearly the explosion was the temperature of the sun) and the hole was created by a runaway engine flying solo at such spectacular pace, it flew straight through the building.Also, remember that that plane being vapourised didn't even scorch the paint above the hole, and the massive explosion/fire didn't do any damage to the window above.Sorry, but it just doesn't add up to me.

A little research on the internet will reveal that the impact of the plan on the Pentagon is entirely consistent with what one would expect from a plane that size and a crash like that.

911-pentagon-3days.jpg

Bearing in mind it's a reinforced concrete building apparently designed to withstand a nuclear attack... that's a lot of damage. It may not add up to you, Kenny, but it adds up to the exeprts in structural engineering and air crash investigation, and that's good enough for me.

EDIT:

I've found a good site for you, from the un-conspiracy/debunk site Popular Mechanics:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...842.html?page=6

The problem is that rumour is much more compelling than fact, and so rumours will circulate a lot more widely than the more prosaic reality of a situation.

This is compounded by a more basic human instinct - the desire to believe someone is in charge. It's why the concept of God/gods has been so prevalent in human society. Early man sees the sun rise in the morning and think "someone must have done that". We see the World Trade Centre destroyed in a random and violent act of mass murder and think "There must be more to this, there must be some grand scheme behind all this" It's hard to accept that all that death was achieved with a couple of knives and a flight schedule. Conspiracy theorists love to link together unrelated information, weaving a web of control with some sort of shadow government at the centre, because the reality that the world is a chaotic and ungovernable place is just too hard for them.

Governments are as guilty of this as us - the US has justified its entire foreign policy be creating this concept of a unified, organised Al Qaeda, as it's easier to fight a proper enemy than accept that there are many small, dispirate groups of people, loosely connected by their shared hate of western capitalism.

Edited by Loki

Honestly, it's not something I've looked into in any great depth. It's just that a lot of the stuff I have seen doesn't look anything like that picture and suggests something entirely other than a plane made that impact. Believe me, if I'd seen the picture you just posted before now, I'd have doubted the conspiracy theory an awful lot sooner.

Honestly, it's not something I've looked into in any great depth. It's just that a lot of the stuff I have seen doesn't look anything like that picture and suggests something entirely other than a plane made that impact. Believe me, if I'd seen the picture you just posted before now, I'd have doubted the conspiracy theory an awful lot sooner.

Well the conspiracy site is hardly going to go "and here's the picture that makes everything you've read in the last 20-odd pages fall flat on it's arse" now is it?

Yeah, but I don't care all that much. If there is some vast international conspiracy of bankers, politicians and Jews meeting in the woods somewhere and conspiring to control the world with their evil Project Northwoods machinations, what the fuck can I do about it? I looked at some stuff that was in a book I bought (unrelated to conspiracy theories in general, I hasten to add) and thought "fuck, that's weird." Really, whether any of the 9/11 conspiracies are true or not, there's a lot of weirdness and a disturbing unwillingness on the part of the US government to allow any real investigation. I almost think that in situations like that, they'd rather have wacky conspiracy theories than let the actual truth get out - that they probably could have done a hell of a lot more to prevent it happening, but didn't because it didn't fit the Bush agenda. It's easier to dismiss the men in tinfoil hats than dismiss strong evidence of actual corruption and incompetence.

• Paid Members

What do people think about the WTC 7 collapse (the third tower which wasn't hit by a plane)? Investigators claimed it collapsed due to fires caused by falling debris from the main two towers but conspiracy theorists believe it's the clearest evidence of an inside job because they argue that debris couldn't have caused fires of such great intensity to weaken a steel structure to the extent the whole building would collapse.

Edited by MoChatra