The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

I'm sure my dad Sectioned himself?Wasn't me or my mom... Guess it could've been his other daughter but wouldn't have thought so...More a 'self harm' worry rather than danger to anyone else though.Edit: He was just being an attention seeking twat so I think it's possibly too easy to get yourself sectioned.

Edited by DJ Stevie C

• Moderators

Yeah, but why wouldn't that happen? Surely the fact that a member of their family is cracking up in the public eye would make them want to get help even sooner. These conspiracy nuts are always left to their own devices. Mrs Icke must have had her head in her hands through those first years.

Don't assume that he's being honest, or the rest of his family aren't in on it. You can make big bucks in the conspiracy world, and much like televangelists they won't admit to it, and you can keep the money coming by being more "dedicated" than your competition.In the documentary you can listen to Icke spinning the whole "I wouldn't come out with this madness if it didn't happen would I?" lines. HE IS DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE SO MUCH THAT I MUST BUY EVERYTHING HE SELLS SO HE CAN KEEP SPREADING THE WORD.

• Moderators

Yeah, but why wouldn't that happen? Surely the fact that a member of their family is cracking up in the public eye would make them want to get help even sooner. These conspiracy nuts are always left to their own devices. Mrs Icke must have had her head in her hands through those first years.

Don't assume that he's being honest, or the rest of his family aren't in on it. You can make big bucks in the conspiracy world, and much like televangelists they won't admit to it, and you can keep the money coming by being more "dedicated" than your competition.In the documentary you can listen to Icke spinning the whole "I wouldn't come out with this madness if it didn't happen would I?" lines. HE IS DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE SO MUCH THAT I MUST BUY EVERYTHING HE SELLS SO HE CAN KEEP SPREADING THE WORD.
His wife and such have to be complicit now, yeah, and I'm sure he's milking everything for all he's worth, but in the early days, like when he was on Wogan, he was driven by nothing but sheer insanity. I doubt there was a long term plan for the first five years, where he was out of the public eye, unemployable, hearing voices, listening to the theories of schizos and dropping tribal acid with shamen. There wasn't much money or even any big way to reach people in the conspiracy business before the internet. These days, I'm not sure where the madman/conman line is with Icke. I don't have an image of him backstage at his gigs, alone, rubbing his hands and saying "these fucknuts will believe anything!" and masturbating into the mirror with his cock wrapped in fivers, because I'm sure he does believe his own lies, but he's not exactly spreading THE MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE OF ALL TIME for free either. Edited by Woyzeck

• 2 weeks later...

I watched about 20mins of EMTV (channel 200 on Sky) with a interview with someone called George Green who had apparently been some where near the top of the chain in America who spoke of people who had control of both Democrats and Republicans. He spoke of stuff such as underground bunkers for the elite and future nuclear wars to wipe out a large percentage of the world's population. He seemed like a serious clued up person so to speak but you can't help thinking are these people who come out with it all a bunch nuts. I agree with what has been said some of what David has said you can think is a real possibility of being true then he goes into the more nutty stuff about reptillian people and then you change your view of him when he moves into that area.

Goerge Green website - no more hoaxes

He offers a free ebook to download if you join his mailing list by the way.

EDIT:

Another link about what he has to say as an insider, includes audio:

When George Green gives you advice, it is worth listening. A retired investment banker, finance advisor to Jimmy Carter's campaign and a business man with many contacts in high places, George sees the world as it is. No soft soaping here.

Gold, silver, the dollar and Euro, and the current economic crisis.

He makes alot of rather frightening predictions about what is looming ahead for the economy, here and across the globe............predictions which are chalking up to be total economic collapse.

I seriously believe that the "powers that be" - namely the private entities that own the Federal Reserve, The Central Banks located in other countries, the International Monetary Fund & The World Bank, are on track to create a worldwide collapse of every country on this globe. They will acquire total control and domination over all of the people on Earth.

Natural resources are in limited supply. The globe does not have enough to sustain the current population.

More later.............

Listen to this 20 minute audio interview and make a plan for yourself and your family.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/blog/218

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Total up the number of very smart, seemingly rational people who've predicted worldwide collapse and been wrong. It's much like the Y2J bug people, when it turned out to have not been an issue at all. It's really easy to predict something like this, because no-one's interested in you when it turns out not to happen, they've already moved on.If I was someone from that site and I had that DVD to sell, which is apparently the biggest news ever, I wouldn't be charging people for it, or insisting they bought another book and got a DVD free. If it was that important I'd put it up on my website and let people watch it for free, as that would be getting it out to more people. I remember being at a political thing in London and there were people there dishing out free 9/11 conspiracy DVDs - utter toss as it all was, at least they believed in it enough to just get it out there as quickly and cheaply as possible. The thing is, I'd probably agree with a lot of what he has to say. They're just not interested in the state of life of people at the bottom of society, they're solely interested in exposing the people at the top. Half a solution, says I.

• Moderators

Y2K was one of the biggest cons by the IT industry of all time. The company I worked for brought in tens of thousands purely on "Y2K checks" and upgrades of hardware that were pointless 99% of the time.Its shocking that people aren't outraged by it.

With the whole New World Order conspiracy thing without taking it to an extreme of the David Icke Reptillian theory etc it remains a fact that we have less control over the decisions that are made for us that affect us all. We can vote for the party, PM or president etc but we can't control what decisions they make for us such as sending our troops to war. Then if it is true that there are people such the Rockerfellers and Bilderbergers controlling the governments and the econimies of the world deciding who is in power no matter who we vote for then it makes you feel powerless as an individual.So many people are slaves to money it has control of our lives and trapped in debt from loans and mortgages, the cost of living is going up with the price of petrol, gas and electricity. It doesn't help the fact the public utilities are all privatised in this country so the state doesn't control the price of gas and electricity it seems.So the thing is what do we do collectively having this knowledge to strike back at the powers that be?

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Y2K was one of the biggest cons by the IT industry of all time. The company I worked for brought in tens of thousands purely on "Y2K checks" and upgrades of hardware that were pointless 99% of the time.Its shocking that people aren't outraged by it.

Ironically the 9th September 1999 caused a few problems for some older systems that worked off a 6 figure date/line/program code.

• 1 month later...

This might appeal to some people.NASA edit out UFOs 'n shit

Wow isn't it amazing. All those huge big towers on the dark side of the moon somehow lit up and without any shadows.Spooky ;)

• Paid Members

My God, it's full of stars!!! British airplane had near miss with UFO in 1991...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7679145.stm

A passenger jet bound for Heathrow Airport had a near miss with a UFO, Ministry of Defence files reveal. The captain of the Alitalia airliner shouted "Look out" to his co-pilot at the sight of a brown missile-shaped object shooting past them overhead. Civil Aviation Authority and military investigations could not explain the 1991 incident near Lydd in Kent. The unsolved close encounter features in UFO-related military documents made available by the National Archives. After ruling out the object flying past the Alitalia jet being a missile, weather balloon or space rocket, the MoD closed the inquiry. Nineteen files covering sightings between 1986 and 1992 are being made available online. Almost 200 such files will be made available by the MoD over the next four years. The current batch also include a US Air Force pilot's account of being ordered to shoot down a UFO that appeared on his radar while he flew over East Anglia. There is also an MoD request that army and navy helicopters not take photographs of crop circles, because of concerns about undermining the official line that the military did not investigate unexplained phenomena. And the files also contain a letter from a woman claiming to be from the Sirius system who said her spacecraft - also containing two "Spectrans" with "Mr Spock ears" - crashed in Britain during World War II. UFO expert and journalism lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University, Dr David Clarke, said the documents would shed new light on relatively little-known sightings. He said some conspiracy theorists would already have decided that the release of the papers was a "whitewash". He added: "Because the subject is bedevilled by charlatans and lunatics, it is career suicide to have your name associated with UFOs, which is a real pity. "The National Archives are doing a fantastic job here. Everyone brings their own interpretation. "Now you can look at the actual primary material - the stuff coming into the MoD every day - and make your own mind up."

This might appeal to some people.NASA edit out UFOs 'n shit

Whilst I saw nothing in that video that even approaches the bare minumum requirements for evidence of anything, I will say this: if you really believe that the US went to the moon a couple of times in the 60s, and then never bothered going back there since, and that the 30-year old Shuttle represents mankind's most advances space-going craft, then you're more crazy than the crazies in that vid.The conventional space agencies like NASA and ESA are relics, concerned mainly with the difficulties of travelling to Mars and such shit. Meanwhile, Russian and US governments have undoubtedly spent trillions on developing space craft able to leave and re-enter the earth's atmosphere and land on the most obvious staging point for further travel - the moon. I would be quite surprised if there isn't a permanent facility on the dark side of the moon. But it's ours, not little green men.

• Paid Members

Whilst I saw nothing in that video that even approaches the bare minumum requirements for evidence of anything, I will say this: if you really believe that the US went to the moon a couple of times in the 60s, and then never bothered going back there since, and that the 30-year old Shuttle represents mankind's most advances space-going craft, then you're more crazy than the crazies in that vid.

I think it's more a case of a lack of funding into developing anything more advanced, and actually going back to the moon. It'll happen again no doubt, but I don't see why any one would hide another trip up there, particularly for as monumental a mission as building some sort of base.