The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

Yup, don't think we need to look further than oarfish for the basis of "sea serpent" myths. There must be plenty of other things out in the oceans we've not even seen yet.

• Moderators

Like with the Ghostwatch thing, there's an incident I've always really wanted to tackle. It's not well known at all, sadly, so I felt like it was someone's duty to collate together all the scraps and tell the story properly.

On the surface, it's a fake psychic who got pretty far before being busted, but the way it all went down is really interesting, and it gets into cults and some really fucked up places. I'm pretty sure this is by far the most comprehensive take on the whole thing, so it'd be swell if you could take a look, if that takes your fancy. Be warned though, it's super long. Like, obnoxiously long for something just up on a blog. Plenty of pictures though :-/

Fifteen-Minute Messiah -- The James Hydrick Story.

• Paid Members
Like with the Ghostwatch thing, there's an incident I've always really wanted to tackle. It's not well known at all, sadly, so I felt like it was someone's duty to collate together all the scraps and tell the story properly.

On the surface, it's a fake psychic who got pretty far before being busted, but the way it all went down is really interesting, and it gets into cults and some really fucked up places. I'm pretty sure this is by far the most comprehensive take on the whole thing, so it'd be swell if you could take a look, if that takes your fancy. Be warned though, it's super long. Like, obnoxiously long for something just up on a blog. Plenty of pictures though :-/

Fifteen-Minute Messiah -- The James Hydrick Story.

I love that story, I only know the basics though via my fondness of James Randi. Gonna have a read now, I have no doubt it will be excellent.

• Moderators

Anyone who's heard of Hydrick only knows the basics, but I dug around in newspaper archives and found a ton of stuff that, as far as I know, has never been reported elsewhere. The story always ends with his exposure, so it was pretty amazing to discover a bunch of new details, and that it's still going on today, of a fashion.

• Paid Members

Just finished it. Excellent article as always dude. Amazing level of research you pulled off. It's easy in this day and age to do 'research' via the web in a few hours, but I can tell you've really dug deep on this one. Kudos.

You should be writing this stuff professionally. No doubt there are plenty of websites/magazines that would pay for this article. Are you gonna send it to any? Presumably Sabotage Times would be interested as they published your Goastwatch article.

• Moderators

Thanks, you guys. As far as submitting it places, I really just wanted to figure out the story for myself. There's so much more to it than I thought I knew until I wrote it. It's a shame he

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

turned out to be a massive paedo

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

because there'd be movies and documentaries about it for sure. It would be ace to see someone do a catch-up interview, all these years on, but obviously that'll never happen now.

• Paid Members

fuck, i watched the Hydrick video where Randi exposes him a few weeks back, i stumbled across it after researching Banachek (after seeing him on Joe Rogan's show), i wasn't aware of the story behind Hydrick, although i did about his imprisonment.

I watched a few James Randi related things after it, as well as Banachek, Mentalism is wild stuff.

I'll read the article later, thanks for posting it.

• Paid Members

Loads of people claim to have seen ghosts in the castle behind my mum and dads house. It's also used by wannabe satanists who you can see hanging around in their groovy robes and there's a fucked up room full of pentangles there. Oh and a fella tried to buy it to turn into a school for 'gifted' people ( like the xmen but set in north Wales) have a search for Gwyrch castle there's loads of random stuff about it including this pic which got quite a lot of attention a few years back ( which just looks fake to me)

walesghost1.jpg