The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

Duane was right all along

10:32am Tue March 27th

A local councillor has claimed he was abducted as a child by aliens who have continued to visit him throughout his life. Simon Parkes, who represents Labour on Whitby Town Council, also believes his mother is a nine-foot tall green alien.

In an hour-long YouTube video seized upon by local newspapers this week, Parkes claims his

• Paid Members

His video is far longer, actually - there are four parts to it and it adds up to nearly 4 hours in total:-

The other three parts are linked for anyone who has a few hours to waste on this nutter. As expected, some of the comments are great:-

Please dont spend all the councils money on a radar to contact the 'aliens'

jt663 3 days ago

Many comedians say this, but why do Aliens only ever contact nutters?

I suppose they are the least credible people to be believed when they come out crying aliens. Saying that, if they contacted someone with a well respected state of sanity then that individual probably written off as a nutter anyways when they told their story.

• Paid Members
Many comedians say this, but why do Aliens only ever contact nutters?

I suppose they are the least credible people to be believed when they come out crying aliens. Saying that, if they contacted someone with a well respected state of sanity then that individual probably written off as a nutter anyways when they told their story.

That could be an idea (if aliens are real of course!), that the aliens only pick nutters/Drunks incase they get rumbled, hah! Speaking of that, you would be correct in saying they might section any world leader who says he visits his "alien" mother on a regular basis.

• 4 weeks later...

This is cool: this property developer is building apocalypse-proof shelters under the Kansas prairie in former missile silos:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...as-prairie.html

Is it just me who can see a fantastic horror/thriller movie set in one of those? Talk about enclosed/isolation madness.

article-2127759-1288798C000005DC-311_634x470.jpg

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I couldn't live like that. At all. I wouldn't mind having an underground 'vault' a la Fallout that I could go into for an hour and play silly buggers in, but not live in one. Just watching that video made me feel claustrophobic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

In a possible interesting side note, i had read recently that whilst tin-foil hats can actually block out certain types of signals/radiation, incorrectly creating a hat out of tin-foil would actually increase the strength of certain types of signals/etc.

So that might not be a good one for the tin foil brigade either.

• Moderators

I want to get in the conspiracy theory business. Thinking I could make special a "Chemtrail Solution". A unique blend of ingredients to protect yourself from the evil chemicals spread by the Bilderberg group.

$100 for 250ml of this special recipe is a bargain. I'm selling it at cost.