The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

off the point but i watched a documentary the other day about the 'Phoenix Lights', apparent infamous mass UFO sighting in the States. Anyone read/know about this shit?

the whole thing is explained by some people as being military flares (although the doc tries to debunk that theory), i'll admit the thing is a little creepy, but i can't help but feel the flare story is probably the logical explanation. I just found it too weird that there's so much footage of the lights in the distance, but everyone on the doc. spoke of a craft the size of a few football pitches flying stupidly low over Phoenix yet there's no footage, photo's of that stuff, just the wee lights in the distance. I call bollocks.

78975.jpg

• Moderators
off the point but i watched a documentary the other day about the 'Phoenix Lights', apparent infamous mass UFO sighting in the States. Anyone read/know about this shit?

the whole thing is explained by some people as being military flares (although the doc tries to debunk that theory), i'll admit the thing is a little creepy, but i can't help but feel the flare story is probably the logical explanation. I just found it too weird that there's so much footage of the lights in the distance, but everyone on the doc. spoke of a craft the size of a few football pitches flying stupidly low over Phoenix yet there's no footage, photo's of that stuff, just the wee lights in the distance. I call bollocks.

78975.jpg

Yeah, it was totally flares. I can't remember where I saw it, but one show did a perfect recreation of it using flares. The shape of the mountain that they dropped behind gave off the impression of a craft shape, and lights blinking out.

As a result of looking this up, I've found a copy online of the definitive UK Defence investigation into UFOs, using 30 years of accumulated data, done in 2000.

Here it is as released under the Freedom Of Information Act

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/FreedomO...tiveSummary.htm

The executive summary is here for those who don't have hours to pore through the entire thing:

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/7D2B11E0-EA...mmary_dec00.pdf

I have to say that the conclusions are unexpected, intriguing and probably the soundest theory on UFOs that I've ever read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Might be worth keeping an eye on the Twitter account of X-Factor loser Steve Brookstein, who appears to have boarded the "MY EYES HAVE BEEN OPENED" express and is hurtling towards a full-on tinfoil breakdown. His bio reads:

Everything is becoming clear having been exposed to propaganda OVER 18s only as I swear now and then.

with a link to a Chomsky video, and he's arguing with people about gay marriage while posting endlessly about the media and various IMPORTANT statistics. Although the Kaufman avatar makes me wonder if he's just trying to get into the papers and that's his 'out'. It's a little more on the side of angry sixth former, but trust me, I can smell the emerging of a conspiracy wacko a mile off. Give him a couple of weeks, he'll be all about the lizards.

EDIT

AHAHAHA, should have checked his images before posting - "Chemtrails all over London"

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I will give the crazy homophobe props for this lovely little Back to the Future related dig at a fellow X-Factor winner though

steve brookstein ‏ @stevebrookstein

"Hey Alexandra, it's your cousin Marvin....Marvin Burke. You know that mediocre generic sound you've been looking for, well listen to this!

Isn't the whole Chemtrails thing a joke though? I mean, it's people taking photos of the trails left by jet planes in the sky, and saying that they're proof that the government is spaying us all with the AIDS, or cloud seeding, or whatever. I mean, nobody is actually that stupid, contrails have been around and clearly visibly to the world since the first jet aircraft lurched into the skies over White Sands..

• Paid Members
I've never heard of Chemtrails. Care to enlighten me?

Basically the idea that condensation trails left by planes are in fact the government either controlling the weather, or testing biological or chemical warfare.

Fucking hell, people actually believe that. That's superb.