Official Darts Thread

Dai

• 4 weeks later...

Thought there were some good matches last night from Las Vegas enjoyed the Klassen v Baxter match...must of been dissapointing for Baxter after beating Taylor in the final of the players tounament the day before...

not long till Blackpool now cant wait(hope it cools down it gets damn hot in there!!!)

World Matchplay Draw.

Mark Walsh vs. Andy Jenkins

Ronnie Baxter vs. Jelle Klaasen

Dennis Priestley vs. Denis Ovens

Colin Lloyd vs. Wayne Jones

Colin Osborne vs. Steve Beaton

Kevin Painter vs. Wes Newton

Raymond Van Barneveld vs. Michael Van Gerwen

Terry Jenkins vs. Peter Wright

Phil Taylor vs. Robert Thornton

Wayne Mardle vs. Tony Eccles

Andy Hamilton vs. Gary Anderson

Alan Tabern vs. Andy Smith

Adrian Lewis vs. Co Stompe

John Part vs. Vincent Van Der Voort

Mervyn King vs. Mark Dudbridge

James Wade vs. Jamie Caven

Taylor vs. Barney on tonight in the final of the Las Vegas.

Taylor was on fire against Part. Amazing to watch. He hit seven perfect darts on two different occasions in the match. Crazy stuff. Taylor at his best.

The first half of the final was played at a great standard, too. Looked like it could turn out to be a classic, with both guys averaging something stupid like 110 for a while. It tailed off toward the end, but it was still a great match. Toward the end, Barney looked like he just gave up, by throwing darts lazily at the board. It got so noticable that even the crowd started to boo him at one point. Totally lost his head. He also gave a strange post match interview as well, which added to his crazyness.

World Matchplay Draw.

Colin Osborne vs. Steve Beaton

Kevin Painter vs. Wes Newton

Phil Taylor vs. Robert Thornton

Wayne Mardle vs. Tony Eccles

We got our tickets a while for one of the sessions, and according to my mate who I received a text off this morning, the above is the lineup for the session we are going to. I am pretty happy with this, as I will finally get to see Taylor live.

• 3 months later...

Interesting stuff, although i quite like the different atmosphere, presentation etc that the two have. The BDO have had two cracking World Championships the last two years, topped off with great finals but it's clearly struggling and the players constantly defecting makes it like an ECW type development centre.

'Tungsten Turmoil' should now be used for when threads get out of hand

Edited by Baz Windham

BDO rejects Hearn's takeover bid

By Ben Dirs

Hankey (left) and Taylor are both current world champions

The head of the British Darts Organisation (BDO) has rebuffed a takeover bid from rival body the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC).

PDC chief Barry Hearn has offered

• Moderators
"I watch the [PDC] Premier League and those crowds are ridiculous, it's just people drinking, shouting, singing football songs.

And that's one of the reasons I am a BDO loyalist. Yes, the standard of darts is far better in the PDC. However, I much prefer the ambience and production of BDO events.

Until Fitton is PDC bound, then I'll change my mind.

Keith stated earlier on in this thread how much the BDO officials do, and if the PDC took over could you really see the same amount of work and time put into county darts and superleagues at the grassroots level?

Edited by ButchReedMark

Yeah i like the hush of the crowd at BDO tournaments, you know they are taking notice of the darts whereas the PDC crowds seem to just be on a night out where there happens to be a darts match on. Better for getting you sucked in if they are watching too.

Just out of interest for those that have been to watch darts/just know is it just the two screens either side of the board that the crowd can see? becaus with some venues getting bigger i'd imagine it's tough to see if that's the case

Edited by Baz Windham