Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members

Probably because the Scottish hate the English.. and Barney is Dutch?..

It was an awesome display from Barney and King tonight. Barney is on the most inconsistent form I've seen him in. One week he's missing doubles and averaging under 95.. and the next he's winning 8-1 averging over 105.

Jenkins really didnt have to be at his best to beat Mardle.. and Taylor showed one moment of class with a 118 finish to win it.

King has been great so far.. hope he carries the form into the final.

• 1 month later...

Two things.

1) The finals night of the Premier League is on Monday. Wade vs. Barney and King vs. Taylor are the two semi finals. I don't see Barney doing enough to beat Wade. Especially the way Wade has been playing. The man is terrific. King and Taylor should be pretty easy for Taylor, but I guess it depends on if he turns up. There were times that he was shifty during the league format and it's not completely certain that he's going to turn it on. I'm still going for a Wade vs. Taylor final though, and if that happens, Taylor will walk it as that's what always happens even when Wade is on form.

2) It's the Inverclyde Open today down the hill in Gourock, which should be fun. I've got a winnable first round match against a guy called Dusty Watt. Even if I go out, the first round losers go into a tournament of their own, so I'm going to see more than one match today. Good times. Although being in that tournament will mean I'd have been mauled in the first round. Bad times. As usual, I'm not playing too badly going into it, but it's been a problem taking that sort of game onto the match board. If I CAN play as well as I can, then I can see myself rattling a few cages. If not, it'll be the regular first round exit.

It more than likely will be Wade/Taylor in the final, and lets all pray that Wade makes it a tough game for Taylor.

Gary Anderson was on fire during his challange match with Part in the last PL week. Hitting 180s for fun, and finished with a 108 average. This match probably just guaranteed him a wildcard into next years event.

I can't see past a Wade v Taylor final but i'll be supporting Wade all the way. I do feel for King, I cant see him winning more than maybe 2 legs.

Anderson was awesome and unless he totally tanks the rest of this year he will be in the Premier League next year. Webster looked ok in spells but bottled it a bit, which is understandable in the circumstances. But even though he is a good player I can't see him winning anything big in the PDC.

This match probably just guaranteed him a wildcard into next years event.

You can never tell though. Jelle Klaasen got a wildcard and he isn't as good as a lot of players.

I can't see past a Wade v Taylor final but i'll be supporting Wade all the way. I do feel for King, I cant see him winning more than maybe 2 legs.

He'll win a lot more than two legs. I think you're underestimating King in a big way. Can I see him beating Taylor ? No, but he's not going to get hammered either. It's still a relatively short format, so King can cause a wee bit of bother here.

• Paid Members

Gutted that Barney lost after his mini fightback in the last few legs. Even more gutted after seing Taylor lose! Must feel shit that you beat Taylor and then get battered in the next match (kinda like Mardle in the Worlds a few years back).

Congrats to Wade though.. after a wierd year by his standards.. he was awesome when it mattered!

It always seems to happen when someone beats Taylor. The mentioned Mardle match in the worlds, last night with King, Barney against that American dude at the UK Open last year. They just peak too soon.

King took out loads of great shots, including the winning checkout. Good match. Funny shit when Taylor missed the big 3, hit the 19 and busted.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dreamboy choked yet again. Think he only averaged around 90. Nicholson was sporting a waist-coat and tie look, as well. Hes a pretty decent player, too.

Notable matches for tonight; Wade vs Manley, Part vs Lloyd amd Adi Lewis vs Thornton.

Nicholson followed up that huge win with being knocked out by some pub qualifier. He was heeling it up again after the match, shouting at someone in the crowd.

Manley shockingly beat Wade. Thornton never showed up and lost badly. Merv King lost (lucky I didnt bet on him). Walsh destroyed Mardle with 100+ average. Scholten continues to do well.

Notable matches for the next round; Manley vs Webster, Hamilton vs Barney, and Walsh vs Lewis. Should all me great matches.