Official Darts Thread

Dai

So long as they continue to keep producing decent players ( did you see Gurney and Chisnall at the Lakeside ? ) then they'll continue to be around. I can't name a top player who didn't come through the BDO.

The BDO will be around for a long time to come. However, any decent player will end up switching to the PDC, the BDO will end up producing some more talent, they will join the PDC, and it will all continue again. Chisnall looked the absolute business in the BDO Worlds, though I didn't care for Gurney in the slightest.

Chisnall was simmering under the radar for a while before he took Adams to the limit, the only way is up for that guy, maybe making an impact in the Grand Prix series over the summer. Gurney did seem a tad arrogant in his manner, also rushed too many shots which could have helped him. On the subject of Adams, hes yet again declined his Grand Slam invite, maintaining his role in the BDO as Olly Crofts lapdog.

That wasn't nice to watch tonight from James Wade. I almost felt bad for continuing to watch. He is an incredibly talented player and it's horrible to see him playing the way he is at the moment.

The first two matches tonight were terrific. Phil Taylor turned it on big time and King played really well and did his job against a subpar Wade.

As for Jelle Klaasen ... well, I have nothing nice to say.

Funny to watch Mardle get booed. Im guessing it all stems from the Thornton match from the World Championships a few months ago. Great 160 checkout to get a draw, too.

Wade is a sad sight to see now. King played great again. Klassen played crap, which was a shame.

Good news about Anderson signing, too.

The worlds worst kept secret finally happened today when the PDC finally announced that Gary Anderson had crossed over from the BDO. Kinda odd he wasnt in Edinburgh though.

• Paid Members
The worlds worst kept secret finally happened today when the PDC finally announced that Gary Anderson had crossed over from the BDO. Kinda odd he wasnt in Edinburgh though.

They showed a clip of him signing the contract on the stage. Or was that done at another event?

Thought it was a good night of darts - the crowd were very alive especially at the start, an improvement on the liverpool crowd from last week who I thought were quite quiet.

Barney/Part started off like a cracker with all the 180s being hit so quickly but then it kind of died off, Mardle played just how he did last week at the start but then somehow managed to pick his game up and come through for the draw.

Taylor/Klassen - Klassen should have one the first leg when he had that chance and from then on he just seemed lost apart from that 115 checkout. As for Taylor he did not look good to start with but got into the swing of it after the break, if he had been playing King last night I think Merv would have beaten him as he destroyed Wade and looked very good just like last week in doing so.

Scottish Open tomorrow, and I caught a cold at exactly the right time. My game is waaayy off right now. Might work in my favour, as I'm now going into tomorrow with no level of expectation whatsoever. I don't even expect to have a good showing. Might as well enjoy the experience though.

ALL of the big BDO names will be there as a place in the Zuiderduin (sp?) Masters is at stake.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd say that I got horsed in the Scottish Open but I did get to meet pretty much every big BDO name, and also Robert Thornton who was up to watch.

As for the DPL last night ...

I hope two decent weeks in a row means that Klaasen is gonna get consistancy going, but James Wade had another great week, and the opening match was great fun to watch.

King and Taylor was always going to be great. Mervyn King had all sorts of oppertunities before the break and he should have been winning 4-2, not losing 4-2. He'll have walked out of that match wondering how it ended as a draw.

Mardle and Barney was good fun, but Part/Jenkins was really poor most of the way. It was a good night overall, and those first two matches were brilliant.

Was a great night, managed to sneek into the floor section for the entrances. First game had a 170 and a 167 check out. Also Kings comeback was great and I thought he was going to take Taylor at the end.

Great night

• 3 weeks later...
The Sports Cafe Glasgow will be holding a Darts Competition on Thursday 2nd April from 7pm onwards!

Watch the Whyte & McKay Darts Live on the Super Screen!

To enter just buy a nip of Whyte & McKay - the winner will recieve a 1.5L bottle of Whyte & McKay Special!

If you would like to enter please call Heather on 0141 332 8000 or drop an email to glasgowfunctions@thesportscafe.com

The Sports Cafe

292-332 Sauchiehall Street

Glasgow

G2 3JA

Sounds like a fun night to me ! Plus, someone gets a free drink since I won't be touching my entry fee. :p

Play in a fun tournament while the darts is on the screens ? Suits me.