Official Darts Thread

Dai

He ended on 108, and I think he had something like a 50% checkout success rate. Unbelievably good.

The Bates thing is strange. Ages ago he had problems with his foot, and they thought it was gout. It was then found out that he broke a bone there. I think hes perminently fucked up his foot because of this. Hes been limping for about 2 years now.

Tonight should be much better than yesterday, with Barney/Klassen and Wade/whats his face. Both should be pretty close matches. Also, did anyone else notice how there was no-one in the stands yesterday. They were also shilling the tickets for tonigt, saying theres still some left. Pretty disappointing that must be, due to the fact its the quarters.

I remember hearing that 35000 tickets had been sold for the whole duration of the championship, the final must be an advance sellout surely.

WOW Barney, what a performance and what a 9 darter

Barney/Taylor in the final should be amazing

That Nicholson/Wade game was appalling. Just checked, and Wades winning average was 81. Wow.

The Barney match was great. Klassen didnt do a whole lot wrong, but he had no chance tonight. I loved Barney's total non-reaction to the nine darter. Brilliant bull checkout to win the match, too. Could Barney have peaked too soon? I dont think anyone will be giving Wade a chance, but the guy is class, and if he pulls it together for tommorow, and Barney tails off, then he could win it. Wade will probably be a very attractive price after tonights performances.

A side note I finally caved and got my premier league darts tickets today, not the same when your in tier seating but sill should be a good night.

Wade is nearly 5/1 to beat Barney tommorow, which seems pretty insane considering the quality of Wade. Its a massive 11/10 for Wade + 2.5 sets on the handicap. Yes, Barney was superb and Wade was shit, but tommorow is a different day. Wade could show up, and even if Barney goes back to his tournement average of around 100, Wade could still win on the handicap. Will be considering it tommorow for sure.

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members

I remember Taylor playing a blinder in the Premier League.. and I came on here and said its the most 'complete' darting performance I've seen. Barney just topped that today. Simply brilliant.. and to think Klassen blitzed him in the first set!!

On this form.. Barney should win the title.. but he's got that inconsistency about him that makes me think that should he face Taylor.. he'll get beat.

Welcome back James Wade, the PDC has missed you