Official Darts Thread

Dai

My prediction of that handicap bet coming through was accurate. Pity I didnt put anything on it. The Barney game was very enjoyable. Barney is a master of taking out important shots. There was one leg where he just kept hitting 60's, but won it with a cracking 140+ finish. The match winning double was also great.

It shows how Taylor is on a different planet when I looked at his average from last night. He missed loads of doubles, and didnt seem to be playing noticably brilliant, but his average was still 103. Amazing. 100+ is "average" Taylor, which is why Barney needs to be playing his best to even have a chance.

Here we go :D

An insane standard of darts here, never seen such consistancy in a world final before.

Taylor basically walked to a 7-1 romp for the title, Barney was a bit lacking in his game tonight, some good counter scoring but other than that, he was shown up to be very ordinary. Taylor on the other hand looked more at ease than he even did against King in the semis and just played his usual game to great effect. Not as close as many expected it to be, Taylor must be annoyed at not nailing the 9 darter but hes now a 14 time champion and at a peak most sportsmen rarely achieve.

With an average of 100+, its a bit harsh to call Barney "very ordinary" tonight. Against anyone else and he would be champ. For it to have been close tonight, Taylor would have had to have played below par, and Barney to have played above par. Taylor is just out of this world. 108 average, and never looked like losing. Only against Taylor will Barney average 100 and get beat 7-1.