Official Darts Thread

Dai

That's fabulous odds on Anastacia considering how well she played against Thornton in the UK Open. I'll definately be shoving a couple of quid on that one when I'm heading to the wrestling. Will be missing the evening session, but the darts was on Catch Up before, so here's hoping. Hopefully I'll get to see Part vs. Anastacia and Taylor vs. Nixon before I head off.

Mark Webster did look terrific last night. So did Kevin McDine before he completely fell away. It's not as if Mervyn King played exceptionally well to make the comeback. It's just that McDine dropped to such a standard that he allowed King to come in and win.

Phil Taylor is still looking out of sorts and could well go out at some point in the near future if he comes against quality. He HAS come up against quality players but they aren't taking advantage, apart from Andy Jenkins who took his doubles expertly.

Looking forward to Wade vs. Anderson tonight.

Webster looked decent, but Part just didnt turn up. The King game was great. Took some bottle to win that leg to make it 9-9. Did anyone see that Fitton/Anderson match. The commentators were suggesting that Fitton "let" Anderson win. Ive seen it, and he was useless in those last few legs. The two shots at double tops to win the game were really dodgy looking.

NINE DARTER FROM WADE !!! BOOYAH !!!

That was bloody impressive.But Anderson was bang on those 180's.

As he said after Wade's got a lot longer left in the game than he has,so i think we'll probably see quite a few more 9 darter's from him

The tournament has really picked up in the knock out stages, although I am hugely disappointed that Whitlock didn't capitalise on his incredible start against Taylor and knock him out. I am rooting for King and Jenkins in the Semis, with Jenkins to (hopefully) take the final.

I am glad that the BDO players have put in some good performances, though am getting a tad fed up with the constant talk of players moving over to the PDC in January. On a similar note, I have enjoyed Chris Mason's commentary far more than Alan Warriner-Little, as Warriner comes over as a Sid Waddell wannabe, and is a tad annoying constantly repeating his same phrases (player requires 99 "if he hits this I'll stick a flake in it for you!"). There was also a nice bit of footage of John Lowe's first ever televised 9 darter against Keith Deller back in 1984, which he got

• 2 weeks later...

BDO Masters semis and final today were top drawer darts. The two semis were good for different reasons, with Wagner and Waites putting on a close game, while Adams put on the single most impressive performance of the weekend. 105+ average by the end apparently.

The final was brilliant and had a wee bit of everything.

Oh, final result was ...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Martin Adams 7-6 Scott Waites

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Haraga_Version_One