Official Darts Thread

Dai

Count yourself lucky that Davis "Slow Hand" Snyder from Texas doesn't play over here, the man may have OCD but he's a cunt.

EDIT - Can't believe someone filmed the fucker and put it on Youtube. Imagine playing against this bell.

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Moderators

Keith, you're up on BDO legislation. WHat measures would they have to prevent that kind of play? It could well be severe dartitis, but it's bordering on gamesmanship and would put a faster player off their stride.

If he played around here he'd have been brayed by now.

Basically, none. there is nothing in the rulebook about having a permitted amount of time in which you have to throw. If it is an independant tournament, ie a brewery sponsored one, they can introduce whatever rules they want (One US non PDC tournament brought in a time limit to discourage Snyder from entering) but if it's a BDO or PDC affiliated tournament then it has to adhere to their rulebook.

Being a proud cheat, I was playing a really fast thrower and slowed my game down to put him off his stride, it worked a treat and I went 3 up in a best of 7 match. In the 4th leg, I was down to a double with him in the 300's so when I came to take my throw to finish, I threw two slow darts, took a step back, took a swig on my pint then said "Hang on, I need a piss". I went for a shit, came back to eye daggers, picked up my dart and checked out. He didn't shake my hand (despite me washing it after my dump) and stormed out of the venue. He lodged a complaint at the monthly meeting but they said they could do nothing about it.

Good arrows.

Count yourself lucky that Davis "Slow Hand" Snyder from Texas doesn't play over here, the man may have OCD but he's a cunt.

EDIT - Can't believe someone filmed the fucker and put it on Youtube. Imagine playing against this bell.

As theres a few people who seem to know everything from being around the Darts circuit, and I've seen a few of the players on the last few pages people have mentioned that they don't like. Is there a definitive list of who are cunts and who are really nice guys from the Darting world?

It's fine if you don't want to upset anybody, just wondering really.

Thanks

EDIT: Included everyone.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

Keith as you seem to know everything from being around the Darts circuit, and I've seen a few of the players on the last few pages you've mentioned you don't like. Have you got a definitive list of who are cunts and who are really nice guys from the Darting world?

It's fine if you don't want to upset anybody, just wondering really.

Thanks

I guess I should start by saying that it is only my opinion, they all probably think I'm a cunt too and who am I to argue?

The game has changed a lot over the years with emphasis on a more individual attitude. I know a few players who would cut it on the PDC scene but you need sponsorship. Without it you've no chance. With that in mind, most of the nicest guys are those who, in my opinion, know that exhibition nights are bread and butter for them and always have time for people as they know they'll be asked back to do another. Wayne Mardle is a gem on the exhibition circuit, he's not the best but he's a great entertainer and gets good turnouts from his nights, that's one of the reasons why he gets the wild card on the Premier League I guess.

The genuinely nicest guys I've met and played against are Dennis Priestley, Barney, Dennis Smith, Eric Bristow, Martin Adams and Steve Beaton. You tend to see the same faces at tournaments so you get to know them over time and they all seem like decent guys.

The biggest wanker is Phil Taylor, Hankey second. Chris Johns was a tit as well. I got knocked out at the(I think) Staffs Open one year and thus chalked the next game which was a quarter final between Chris Johns and Steve Beaton (I travelled up with Beaton for this one so I clearly wanted him to win). Johns was playing up to his crowd and stepping in Beatons way as he was warming up, much to the delight of his mates. Just before they threw for the bull, I said to Johns "What's your initials mate"? He looked at me a bit gone out (as he had his name on his shirt) "I need your initials for the board mate, so you know which score is yours". "Erm...CJ" he said. Beaton smiled and winked at me, I jizzed in my pants and The Bronze Adonis went on to win the tournament.

On the subject of throwing, I throw VERY slowly. It's not a ploy to cheat or anything. It just takes me a while to centre my attention on the board and get the dart where I want it. If there were rules made to speed things up, I'd probably be fucked.

On the subject of nice guys, Robert Thornton is a pretty nice bloke, as it Tony O'Shea. Haven't spoke to many of the others.

Sorry for the double post, but man, that was worth it.

Tony O'Shea has eliminated Mark Webster with a scoreline of 10-9. That was absolutely thrilling stuff to watch. I was right behind Silverback, and couldn't believe Webby missed three clear darts at tops to take the match.

I'm exhausted now.

• Moderators

The Crowd were a fucking disgrace again tonight, and I'd like to know why Order isn't being asked for. Especially as regards the Wade match. Yeah it's a Friday night and they've had a few pints, but fuck me. Are they there to watch the Darts, or at wanker night in the Wolverhampton city centre meat market?

Still, a quality evening of darts, great games abound, and it was nice of Steve Beaton to let Shitlock win.

Edited by ButchReedMark