Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Colin Murray's pretty good on 5 live but the combo of him and Bobby George, plus the shoe horning of the Grand Prix presenter into the commentary booth in typical BBC fashion is pretty dire.

 

Who do you mean? because David Croft and Tony Green have been doing it for years. It's not Jake Humphrey if that's who you mean

 

I always enjoy the BDO and the comedown from PDC standard hasn't been too bad so far, not as bad a i thought it would be anyway. Brian Woods, who is pretty funny to watch on stage, just played really well to win 3-2 with an avg in the mid 90's i think, could win it in the BDO with an average like that. But yeah the O'Shea match was pretty poor. They do try a bit too hard to make it seem like the best tournament in the world and the only one sometimes

  • Paid Members
Posted

Sorry, I meant David Croft, that's me not paying attention. Croft is awful compared with the Sky guys so I just assumed he was new to it.

 

The standard is pretty awful, tons and tons of darts in 1 and 5. Walton and Van de Wiel averaged about 50 between them.

Posted
Sorry, I meant David Croft, that's me not paying attention. Croft is awful compared with the Sky guys so I just assumed he was new to it.

 

I don't mind Croft actually. It's that Tony Green that does my head in. He couldn't grasp why someone would go for 18s on a 122 finish. How long has he been doing this for?

Posted

The thing that does me about the BBC one is apart from the lack of quality is that it looks like it is still in 1990 not 2010, the production values on sky with the crowd and scenary are so much more courluful and full of life

 

Bobby George is always good to have a laugh at and Ted Hankeys annuel nervous breakdown is always fun but apart from that there is little fun to be had with the BDO

Posted

Bobby George plugging these cash for gold things during the adverts of the PDC semi finals. Not a patch on Warney's advanced hair studio ads, mind.

 

Decent first semi this. Whitlock is the only guy I reckon can beat Taylor this weekend. Webster's got no chance tonight and Barney's hit and miss.

 

Gonna take a big comeback from Whitlock to win this one now though.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Whitlock's comeback has been damn impressive. Going toe to toe with Barney now. This could go either way.

 

Edit: Whitlock now in front and favourite, I'd say.

Edited by tiger_rick
Posted

Unbelievable scenes at Ally Pally, couldn't call that match at all as it went one way and then another.

 

I suspect that the next match won't be quite so close

  • Paid Members
Posted

What a finish again. Barney will not sleep tonight, he'll see that double 8 over and over. Terrific to see the two styles, Barney is so relaxed and languid, Whitlock so aggressive and direct. Whitlock is amazing with two darts in the treble 20. I can only recall one occasion in about 25 attempts where he missed the third one for the 180, other than when he deliberately went for another number.

 

Been a super tournament, pity it's spoilt by Taylor's invincibility.

Posted
Whitlock's comeback has been damn impressive. Going toe to toe with Barney now. This could go either way.

 

Edit: Whitlock now in front and favourite, I'd say.

 

And he's won it, fantastic comeback.

 

I don't think he'll beat Taylor tomorrow if Taylor's on top form, but you never know. Should be a good match in prospect.

 

 

 

Watch Webster beat Taylor now I've said all that :bored:

Posted
spoilt by Taylor's invincibility.

 

Taylor hasn't won it yet, he may well get past Webster tonight, but he is in for a real test against Whitlock tomorrow

  • Paid Members
Posted

What a cracking contest, Whitlock 4-2 down then just went apeshit, poor Barney really felt for him, but when Simon Whitlock got going he was toast, amazing 12 dart finishes too, really was hoping for a 9 but ah well!

  • Paid Members
Posted

As much as I used to love Sid Waddell's strange alternative world of commentary he's actually

starting to ruin the darts for me. He just talks so much complete and utter shite in such a mumbling

disjointed way that he takes away from the competition. Predicting the next dart will be in or out

pisses me off too, "this next one's going in! Oooh, sloppy by his standards".

 

Combine all of that with his constant arselicking of Taylor and he's not my favourite darts commentator.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...