All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

Tonight's results from Grimsby:

Biggest crowd here yet for All-Star, not quite a sell-out. They announced 1000, probably not far off that.

Referee for each match was Bryce Rimsburg.

1) Chad Collyer beat Jonny Storm with a texas cloverleaf.

2) Deano bt T.N.T. with a frog splash.

3) Robbie Brookside & Frankie Sloan bt Chris Hero & Chuck Taylor by pinfall after Brookside slammed Taylor off the top rope.

4) Marty Scrull bt The Flying Scotsman with a slingshot sunset flip.

5) Frankie Sloan won a 15 man battle royal, lastly eliminating Carl Oulette.

First time I've seen Jonny Storm at Grimsby, first time I've seen him for All-Star.

Go through any 2006 1PW topic and you'll see I'm the biggest Jonny Storm critic in the world when he works serious in front of a largely smart crowd. But in front of a younger audience that All-Star attracts and he is superb. Right from the entrance he got the crowd's attention completely. Holding up a sign an old woman brought saying SPANK THE YANK before giving her a kiss got some laughs, as did slamming Collyer on the floor before picking up a kid on the front row and bodyslamming him onto Collyer. That was followed by grabbing a foam finger from a fan and giving Collyer an eye poke with it. The crowd lapped it up, myself included.

Collyer's Rick Rude mannerisms got good heat and it looks like my 6 year old nephew will be doing the hip-swivel pose for some time to come.

Great match, most enjoyable I have seen this year.

Deano turned up a nobody but left the ring very popular. Aside from a botched headscissor he looked great. TNT is a very interesting looking fella. I was distracted by his boots which seemed a few sizes too big to the point where he was walking on the sides as opposed to the sole. Not a great match.

Hugely disappointed with the Liverpool Lads vs Hero & Taylor tag match. During the babyfaces entrance Hero just kept flipping over and through the ropes to the apron and back in many different ways. He also did a backflip off the top rope landing on his feet. Odd to see a heel doing these things without a hint of intended arrogance.

Grimsby's favourite wrestler Robbie Brookside only came in once early for an arm wringer, and again right at the end for the match ending slam on Taylor off the top rope. Though he showed no obvious signs of an injury I assumed he must have one.

I've only seen a handful of Hero matches from IWA:MS & ROH which left me unimpressed and that opinion hasn't changed following tonight. Taylor showed nothing also.

Following the interval they had what history has proved to be the worst possible match type in front of this audience: 2 inexperienced workers, both working babyface. My nephew asked me which was the goodie and which was the baddie and I heard kids around our section asking similar questions.

Neither man sucked, but with no crowd reactions it was never going to steal the show.

Then came the 15 man Royal Rumble, featuring:

- Jonny Storm

- Chad Collyer

- Deano

- Robbie Brookside

- Frankie Sloan

- Chris Hero

- Chuck Taylor

- Marty Scrull

- Flying Scotsman

- Skeletor

- Nick Aldis

- Carl Oulette

- Bad Bones

- Ben Levi

- some other guy who looked like the scotsman.

No El Generico, Dupree or Mason then. Decent brawl with the expected good crowd heat and a good finish.

The final four were Brookside, Sloan, Oulette and Hero. Brookside collapsed out of the blue holding his knee, it looked legit and neither heel touched him choosing to double team Sloan instead. When Robbie finally got upright he had a short brawl with Hero (while stood on the spot) before being eliminated (much to the crowd's suprise). Then it was the time-honoured 2 heels vs 1 babyface battle royal finish. After Hero got eliminated he kept coming back to interfere helping Oulette until Sloan ducked an Oulette running clothesline which took out Hero and Frankie dumped him over to win.

The crowd erupted which was great and everyone left very happy.

So two very good matches out of five - the opener and the main event - and a much more star-studded lineup than we are used to in Grimsby. :thumbsup:

They will return on Friday November 28th.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from a jam-packed Grimsby Auditorium tonight (ring announcer claimed 1,000 in attendance)Chad Collyer defeated Jonny Storm via SubmissionDeano pinned TNTLiverpool Lads beat Chris Hero and Chuck Taylor when Brookside pinned Chucky T after the Iconoclasm.Never seen Chuck Taylor before but he was an absolute riot and both he and Hero were heat magnets.Taylor got me on his side right away when a young kid ran up to heckle him and he went "HI-YA!" while simultaneously delivering a thrust kick to the air in the kids direction which sent said youngster scarpering.Marty Scurll pinned Lee ThomasFrankie Sloane won Royal Rumble main event (including all previous entrants as well as Bad Bones, Ben Levy, Nick Aldis, Cougar Kid and Pierre Carl Oulette) by last eliminating Hero and Oulette.I think Brookside was meant to win but he appeared to legit blow his knee out towards the end as he was visibly in a lot of pain and was quickly eliminated by Hero.Again, Chuck Taylor was a blast as he was circled by booing and heckling kids as he made his way to the ring - he put up his fists in a fighting stance and shuffled his feet while going "Come on, who wants some? I'll take all of you on!"Challenging kids to a fight? :laugh: Fuckin' marvellous!I have instantly become a Chuck Taylor fan.Not quite the star-studded card it could have been due to Rene Dupree and Gangrel being in Ireland and El Generico being in Scotland but, for turning up and buying a ringside ticket on the door, it was a great fun night as always from All Star and well worth the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Results from packed Victoria Hall, Hanley 29/03/081,Keith Myatt bt Luke Hardy (all star debut)2,Clinton Steele bt Steve Prince3,Pierre Oullett bt James Mason4,Hannibal(uk debut) bt Doug Williams, 5,Danny Collins & Peter Collins bt Bad Bones & Wildman WilleyGreat show atmosphere was brillant, Danny Collins looked in great shape great to see him back at Hanley.Next Hanley date:Saturday 10th May annouced was hanley grudge match, Robbie Dynamite & Mikey Whiplash v Kid Cool & Dean Allmark, Robbie Brookside v hannibal +Renne Dupree, and the Flatliner.

Only partial results I'm afaid - Pierre Oullette dft 'Tomcat' Kevin O'NeilTag match involving Deano Allmark and Robbie DynamiteLisa Fury dft JettaHannibal df James Mason????????/????????? dft Bad Bones/Wilman Wylie

October looks insane, 27 shows?! Summer schedule looks fun too, should be getting to Blackpool, Torquay and Bornemouth as well as the more local shows to me. It's a wrestling related goal of mine to go to a Butlins show, so that might have to be on the agenda as well.

Archived