All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stolen without shame from chadcollyer.com."Chad's current work permit to wrestle in the UK expires on June 14 but All Star promoter Brian Dixon has decided to keep Chad an additional 6 months by renewing his work permit."So it looks like we're gonna have Chad until early 2009.Collyer's a great talent and has given the UK some stellar matches over the years so "bravo" says I.

• 2 weeks later...

Results from last night in Gravesend before a crowd of 500

1. Deano pinned Chad Collyer

2. Doug Williams pinned The Smackdown Warrior

3. Tatanka pinned "Hollywood" Hannibal

4. The Liverpool Lads (Robbie Brookside/Frankie Sloan) beat Carl Oulette & Rene Dupree

5. Flatliner pinned Lee Thomas

Opener was very good, as might be expected with two very capable wrestlers.

Doug had to do the Ric Flair tribute "broomstick" match with Smackdown Warrior in a poor match.

Tatanka looked good against Hannibal in what was an alright match in what was billed as one half of the double main event. Tatanka was very over with the many kids in the audience, and introduced as "The Legendary Tatanka", which amused me.

The other half of the main event was the tag match, was was mostly notable because of Rene Dupree. First time I've seen him for All Star, and he just oozed greatness. What was so awesome about him was how natural he seemed in everything he did. His working of the crowd didn't seem "put on" and his selling wasn't just stupid mugging. It was a natural extension of his heel demeanour. It's like he was a cocky bastard without being a cartoon character. Two thumbs up for him. Obviously he's working most nights for Dixon anyway, but Dupree should be getting booked for every other promotion who can get him. Also - Oulette & Dupree... pretty awesome team, when you think about it. La Quebec Resistance, I guess. ;)

Speaking of cartoon characters, Flatliner finished the night with the "Send 'Em Home Laughing" match.

Awesome. I might well see Chad Collyer in Dunoon. Anyone know when Danielson is gonna be back over ?

June apparently.Not sure exactly WHEN in June (before the European Vacation show I would imagine) but he's reportedly staying the whole summer so there really is no excuse not to see him during his time on these shores as, due to All Star's stacked schedule, he's probably gonna be appearing within at least an hour's drive of most everyone on the ukff at some point.

From Skegness on Sunday 13th packed out standing room only.Uk v World riot squad.Hannible bt frankie slone with his feet on the ropes.Zac Zodiac and Kid Cool (UK) beat all the way from the USA Zebra Kid and The Bull. I left before the last match but it was Karl Krammer (said from Canada) against Lee Thomas.The kids loved it, the pain in the arse red coat running around doing the commentry but he got most of the moves right.

There's a loaded line up scheduled for Croydon this Sunday, with the top part of the card especially looking interesting:-Rene Dupree Vrs Zebra KidChad Collyer Vrs Jonny StormRobbie Dynamite & Mikey Whiplash Vrs Kid Cool & Zak ZodiacPlus Hannibal, Lee Thomas, The Bull and Flatliner.Some fantastic matchmaking there.

• Paid Members

Looks like a great card for Croydon. Shall defo be there. Nice to be able to make a Croydon show for a change :)

Archived