All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just a quick note before I'm off to bed. The Cheltenham show was awesome. A great card and a hot damn near sell out crowd. Metal Master Vs James Mason was MOTN but it was a great show up and down the card. Robbie Brookside is one of the nicest blokes you'll meet.

Give us some full results then y'big tease!
Sorry chap I figured someone else would do the honours before I got back online tonight.Deano Beat Chad Collyer - Great match and a great surprise that Collyer was on the show. The crowd was super up for it and this had the heat of the night from where I was sitting (at the back, I've gota get in the habit of getting tickets sooner than 2 days before the show). I was pleasantly surprised to see how well Collyer heeled up on the crowd and manipulated them to perfection. I guess I've only ever thought of him as a bland but extremely gifted technical guy. I was wrong and in the great British Allstar tradition he's as good as they come.Mr Vain beat lad who's name escapes me - Mr Vain ~ He can be seen here in the flag shorts if any of you could let me know, Sorry its not great quality (like I said I need to get better tickets), ladicantname.jpg This wasn't on par with the previous bout with the lad seemingly slightly less experienced. That being said it was a good match and like I said Mr Vain is Allstar all over ~.James Mason beat Metal Machine - MOTN like I said in my first post. Great match from two great wrestlers. Mason was as pleasant a surprise as Collyer/Machine as I'd always wanted to see him live and some how always missed him.Break time - Promptly bought my back stage pass to be the only 6ft 2, 25 year old without a child in tow asking wrestlers to take photos with him. I always regretted not doing this the last time I saw Allstar at SUWA's farewell tour. I was damned if having to ask other regular adults, because my Wife had to leave straight after the show with some friends, was going to get in the way of a photo to add to my collection. Of course the regular adults would inevitably look at me funny for asking to take the photos but hey I think I can live with it. :laugh: Robbie Brookside beat Renee Dupree - Close to being match of the night along with the opener. Again Brookside was a really happy surprise just because I'm a big fan. It was also fun to see the rubber muscle suit that Dupree wears that might be construed as a body in person.Lightning Kid Adam Davies & Ben Levy beat TNT & a guy in a army gimmick, I think it was Corporal something. Sorry this is the only photo I had him in.corp.jpgThis was a nice way to finish off the night as everyone likes a bit of tag action but wasn't quite on par with the singles matches. Still though it was very entertaining and maintained the crowd heat which could have just as easily been burnt out by this point.All in all a great show and it always leaves me wanting a hell of a lot more ASW. Its such a shame they don't run the Cheltenham Town hall more regularly. Its a great venue and has great family atmosphere. They seem to only do two or three shows a year there, all over the Autumn and Winter months. I don't see why they don't take a little bit more advantage of the town, doing maybe one more show early in Summer.

Mr Vain beat lad who's name escapes me - Mr Vain ~ He can be seen here in the flag shorts if any of you could let me know, Sorry its not great quality (like I said I need to get better tickets),

Its difficult to confirm 100% from the photo but I would imagine Mr Vain was Pete Collins, brother of Danny, as thats the name he's wrestled under in the past. Its made more likely by the location of the show, although im surprised more wasnt made of who it was as it was a West Country show.Collins is pretty much the Terry Funk of the UK scene if only for the fact that he has officially retired with full ten bell salute at least twice in the past to my knowledge.

• Paid Members

Mr Vain beat lad who's name escapes me - Mr Vain ~ He can be seen here in the flag shorts if any of you could let me know, Sorry its not great quality (like I said I need to get better tickets),

Its difficult to confirm 100% from the photo but I would imagine Mr Vain was Pete Collins, brother of Danny, as thats the name he's wrestled under in the past. Its made more likely by the location of the show, although im surprised more wasnt made of who it was as it was a West Country show.Collins is pretty much the Terry Funk of the UK scene if only for the fact that he has officially retired with full ten bell salute at least twice in the past to my knowledge.
Yeah its not Mr Vain I'm not sure about. Its the other younger lad.

Swiped from the All Star website......"All Star Wrestling have signed-up leading North American indie stars Chris Hero, El Generico and Chuck Taylor for appearances next week at Aylesbury on Monday, Folkestone on Thursday and Grimsby on Friday. The trio come direct from a three day xWx event in Essen, Germany, for Monday

Great stuff. Finally some imports are coming to Grimsby.It's always good to see Mason and (after he missed the last Grimsby show) Brookside, so it should be a great night overall.For some reason Chris Hero has always irritated me in ROH, it will be interesting to see how he works in front of an All-Star crowd.

Any results from the aforementioned Aylesbury show with Hero and Generico on it?

Dean bt Collyer 1-0Zulu Warrior by Robbie Dynamite 1-0Pierre bt Mason 1-0Dupree bt Whiplash 1-0Generico & Robbie Stewart bt Hero & Taylor 1-0Sadly I was unable to attend but, from the results, it looks another great line-up. Apparently Hero, Generico & Taylor arrived late which explains the changes to the original line-up.

Archived