Cliffs Pavilion

Southend

January 29th 2008

Crowd: 1,500

Julio Torres beat Frankie Sloane

The Metal Master beat Robbie Dynamite

Broady Steele beat Doug Williams

Gangrel beat James Mason

Mikey Whiplash, Kid Cool, Dean 2 Xtreme & Frankie Sloane beat Pierre Lafitte, Rene Dupree, Bryan Danielson & Chad Collyer in an elimination match

Awesome show. Amazing crowd. Best show I've seen this year by far, and best show I've seen in a few months. For the people who doubt TNA can draw 1000 people, just look at All Star. 1,500 people on a school night.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome show. Amazing crowd. Best show I've seen this year by far, and best show I've seen in a few months. For the people who doubt TNA can draw 1000 people, just look at All Star. 1,500 people on a school night.

Interestingly there was also a big football match in Southend going on at the same time and yet still the show drew big numbers despite lesser promoters using this as an excuse for attendances in the past. It will be interesting to see if the return show in June can outdraw the TNA show just down the road in Brentwood.As Dart said, a really good show with the crowd not letting up at any point with fans and workers all seeming to be enjoying themselves. Dixon continues to have the strongest roster in the UK at the moment by some way and I would think the Master/Dynamite match was as good a match as anything we'll see live in the UK this year.

Loaded roster there by the looks of things - hope we get something similar up here in Hull in a few weeks as that looks like a REALLY strong show on paper.As has been said, if Dixon can draw 1,500 on a school night while a footie match is going on with Gangrel and Rene Dupree then TNA should have no problem with Kurt Angle, Booker T and Christian Cage.

BIG colourful adds in the newspaper i think are the main thing.Thing is, going around the whole country, they dont have time to give out flyers and put up loads of posters in each individual area because theyre always on the road, so big colourful ads in the paper seem to work a treat, maybe more promotions should do that. Yes, they costs alot, but you have to spend money to make money.

That looks like a great card, it being mid-week on the same night as a big football match makes it even more impressive.I wish the big names made the trip up to Grimsby once in a while.They visit twice a year and the shows always range from decent to very good, but Doug Williams and the ex-WWE stars have never visited in the four or five years I've been going.

Archived