All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from a jam-packed Centre Stage at Butlins Skegness earlier this afternoon."Brooklyn Brawler" Julio Torres pinned Kid Cool with assistance from "Crybaby" Chad Collyer.Chris Bambi (aka Bambi Killer) pinned "Barbarian" Karl KramerKid Cool and Mikey Whiplash beat Bad Bones and "Crybaby" Chad Collyer.Referee for all matches was Frankie "Francis" Sloane.All Star's Butlins shows certainly ain't like the holiday camp shows I remember going to as a kid some 15 years ago - indoor pyro, video walls, impressive entrance way, cheerleaders :love:, the production values are certainly very impressive.Sadly, the "Give him a boo boys and girls" and "He's cheating referee" from the RedCoat who provided live commentary over the house mic HASN'T changed, although admittedly at least this guy seemed to have a modicum of a clue.Great atmos, and the kids (bless 'em) seemed genuinely happy and delighted that the "good guys" won.One memorable moment was the RedCoat encouraging the kids to chant "Fatty" at Kramer, prompting a humorous response from the rotund "Barbarian" of, "It's a thyroid problem".Upon bailing from the ring to save himself a further beating, a cheerleader-led chant of "chicken" rang out through the arena, to which the RedCoat on the house-mic quipped "Now kids, you're making the Barbarian hungry!".Fun little show and an enjoyably afternoon.

Results from Leamington Spa.In front of a full house they even put extra seat in.Dean Allmark beat American Dragon.Pierre Lafeet beat Robbie Dynamite.Renee dupree vs James Mason when to a double count out."Greek God" Pappa Don beat Cougar Kid.Robbie Brookside and Nick Aldis beat Brodie Steel and Gangrel.A really good night of wrestling.Dupree still looks jacked.

All-Star Wrestling Report: Monday 11th February 2008The Royal Empire Theatre, Liverpool, United KingdomBy Shaun Best-Rajah.com ReporterOn my travels yet again. This time I found myself in Liverpool watching the All-Star wrestling group. The touring All-Star promotion runs throughout the year at various UK sites. I always take it in when it comes to my hometown (Chester) but decided to take a quick trip up to Liverpool to see it on a bit of a bigger scale. The roster for February was stacked and some of the stars in attendance last night were 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson, Doug Williams, Robbie Brookside, Rene Dupree, Pierre Lafitte and Gangrel. I couldn't miss this. The Empire Theatre holds 1,800 and I think 1,600 was the attendance figure that was announced so a good crowd was in. Sitting down in the upper circle of the theatre, I pictured and compared it to the setting of Monday Night Raw in early 1993. As the curtain came up and the sparklers alighted in a way similar to the entrance of Chris Masters, the All-Star dancers started the night off with a dance number which was a much tamer version of Extreme Expose. Well it had to be really, as the event was very family orientated with the audience made up of mostly kids and families. With the ring setup on a small stage directly below me, we were ready to start. The show started on time at 7:30pm and finished at 9:45pm. There was a 15 minute intermission halfway through and the crowd were hot all night. Five matches were scheduled with each match having a 20 minute time limit. Here we go.1)"Filthy" Phil Powers vs Frankie SloanFrom the first bout it was obviously more of a carnaval type show as anyone that wasn't from the UK or carried a British flag got booed. Both Powers and Sloan were from the UK but Powers came out with a black flag which got him instant heat. This one had lots of stalling at the start. Powers constantly chanted 'Chelsea's Number 1' to get heat. (Chelsea is a place in London). Sloan countered with a 'Liverpool' chant to get the inevitable face pop. Basic opener with Sloan getting the advantage then Powers reversing the tide. Sloan eventually won it with a top rope cross body. Little to no selling from both in a sloppy match. Here is Your Winner: FRANKIE SLOAN.2)James Mason vs GangrelThis one was billed as an 'International Heavyweight Challenge'. Apparently these two have fought a lot on this circuit. Mason had control for the most part as Gangrel played the part of chickenshit heel brilliantly while constantly jawjacking with the crowd. Gangrel refrained from using profanities. However, Gangrel did receive a public warning for a blatant kick in the balls. I don't know why it wasn't an instant DQ. The finish came when Mason Irish whipped Gangrel then missed a charge allowing Gangrel to roll Mason up and get the win with his feet on the ropes. Mason protested after the match and led the crowd in a cheat chant but Gangrel didn't come back out. The referee didn't reverse the decision either. Here is Your Winner: GANGREL.3)American Dragon, Metal Master, Rene Dupree & Pierre Lafitte vs Doug Williams, Ben Levy, Robbie Dynamite& Deano (Xtreme Dean Allmark)This match was dubbed as an 8 man International tag team match where the only way to win was to throw your opponents over the top rope. Basic tag match rules apply though. It was the USA/Canada combo vs The Great Britain All-Stars. Master and Dragon both came out in masks. Dupree played the cocky heel, trying it on and posing with the ring girls. Dragon cut a heel promo to start. He told us to shut up and show respect as he comes from the greatest country in the world (USA). Dragon then proceeded to sing the U.S national anthem but kept stopping as the boos were putting him off. Master ended up putting his hands over Dragon's ears allowing him to sing the anthem in full. Lafitte then started to sing the French-Canadian anthem but stopped before saying we didn't deserve it. The Brits came out to a massive pop and they were all wearing red All-Star wrestling shirts. It was noted that Levy was voted best British newcomer for 2007 while Deano was being touted as a kickboxing champion. The Brits started off well landing double dropkicks, double hiptosses and a four way Irish whip to their foreign counterparts. Deano then hit Dragon with a 619. Dragon sure wasn't working an ROH type match as he stayed pure sports entertainment. Still, Dragon was inexplicably the first man out. After a top rope backflip over Dynamite, Dragon missed a lunge and Dynamite threw him out. Enraged, Dragon tried to get back in only to be sent back over the top rope by a Dynamite dropkick. Master levelled things up by depositing Levy. Lafitte then caught Dynamite in a sky high/sitdown powerbomb before tossing him out. Deano levelled things up once again after landing sweet chin music and a second rope moonsault to Master. This left Master ripe for inevitable elimination. Dupree then got rid of Williams to leave Deano at the mercy of the Canadians. After a brief double team, Lafitte sent Deano to the corner then Irish whipped Dupree but Deano managed to backdrop Dupree out. It was down to Deano and Lafitte. After eliminations, the Brits stayed out whereas the heels went to the back but Dupree stayed out and hid on the floor. After hooking Deano's leg, Dupree held him for an open shot on the apron. Deano avoided Lafitte's charge and Dupree was sent flying again. Deano then pushed Lafitte out to win. This was the best match of the night. Here is Your Winner: DEANO.Intermission was followed by another dance number from the All-Star dancers.4)(Mr USA) Brody Steele vs Robbie Brookside(All-Star Heavyweight Title Match)This was the announced Main Event. Steele's enjoying a 1+ year reign as champ. Steele got on the mic saying he initially refused to come to this filthy city. When he found out he'd be facing local hero Robbie Brookside he reconsidered. Steele said there's nothing better than beating a filthy, slimy scouser. After winning, Steele boasted he'd walk through the crowd then Liverpool and kick the crap out of everyone. Good promo. Brookside came out to a big pop. This was the only match which had no time limit. Brookside controlled the early going with solid matwork. Steele hung Brookside up on the top rope to turn the tide. Steele used power moves, a sidewalk slam and a chinlock to wear down Brookside. Brookside recovered to hit a tree of woe dropkick. Steele countered a cross body to hit a Mark Henry esque world's strongest slam for a close nearfall. The fight then spilled outside for a while. Back inside, Brookside managed to catch Steele on the top rope and fling him off with both arms to pick up the win. After the match a small pile of confetti went off in celebration. Crowd loved the finish. Good match. Here is Your Winner & New All-Star Heavyweight Champion: ROBBIE BROOKSIDE.5)The Bambi Killer vs The Fearless FlatlinerThis was a comedy match which was designed for the kids. Think Eugene but on a funnier scale. Bambi Killer is an Austrain heel on his first tour. Flatliner is a big bald Johnny B. Badd type character who was very popular with the kids. Flatliner got on the mic and started a 'Whassup' chant. Flatliner then trapped himself in his own tights then de-pantsed the referee and Bambi. Flatliner stalked Bambi with a mock nazi salute then turned a test of strength spot into a merry dance around the ring. Flatliner goaded Bambi with many chicken chants which riled him up. Bambi finally got some offense with a couple of clotheslines then wore Flatliner down with several nerveholds. Flatliner escaped the third nervehold with a stunner. Flatliner gave Bambi a stinkface in the corner then delivered a rolling fireman carry drop (ala Mr Kennedy's steam roller) then a big splash to get the win and send everyone home happy. Here is Your Winner: THE FEARLESS FLATLINER.There was a massive queue to go backstage after the event and get autographs. When I made it through I just missed Gangrel and Rene Dupree was finishing up and looked a bit agitated at everyone crowding him. I briefly spoke to Doug Williams and American Dragon before getting their autographs and a picture with Dragon. I then spoke with Robbie Brookside for a bit about the mentions Chris Jericho gives him in his book. Brookside seemed surprised he'd included them so I said I'd show the book to him when he comes to Chester next month. Brookside was very outgoing, pleasant and very easy to talk to. After getting a picture with him, I left feeling fulfilled after watching a good night of wrestling. All-Star Wrestling comes to Chester in March then Birkenhead (near Liverpool) in April so I'll be attending both shows and will post reports. In the meantime, if an indy show comes to a town near you, check it out. Support the Indies.

Eight man tag sounds very good.Nice to see Ben Levy get a shot in there with some of the yanks.I know it's been said previously but, bloody hell, All Star have been putting on some consistently strong shows lately and Dicko must be raking it in judging by the attendance.Great to see All Star getting some decent attention on the forum at long last too - long may it continue.

Archived