UKFF Dolt of the Year 2007

tiger_rick

UKFF Dolt of the Year 2007  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that bothered really, but I know that I contribute to the forums, hence people posting in alot of the threads.I've started loads of threads (o.k some were off topic and not to everyones taste i.e brookie and Kids tv legends, but my actual wrestling one's have led to some good discussions) click on my profile and check my topics out.EDIT:Why did the other Dolt of the year thread get closed?

Edited by Mab

I've started loads of threads (o.k some were off topic and not to everyones taste i.e brookie and Kids tv legends, but my actual wrestling one's have led to some good discussions) click on my profile and check my topics out.

It's not the fact that you start lots of topics. It's that you have absolutely NOTHING to say, yet feel like you have to hit that reply button all the time. It's funny that you make such a big deal of pointing out your post count, yet I can't remember anything relevant that you've said in the 10 months you've spent sliming your way through every topic.

Why did the other Dolt of the year thread get closed?

Because you weren't winning it. And we're going to keep closing the Dolt thread and starting it again until you DO win it. Edited by freaky_jason

• Paid Members

What did remlap do to get on this list? If he's the guy with Bob Barker or whomever in his avvy I only remember him making posts regarding satellite TV stuff or something. Of course that could be someone else in which case I have no idea what he's posted. No offence.

I think it may be just that - anytime there's a HD TV question thread, he's usually first to reply like he's the UKFF's resident HD guru & the question was directed at him. Since he got a HD TV he thinks a) he's the only one who has one, and b) since reading up on it in Wikipedia, he's now an expert, c) he now disses everything that isn't HD as "shit".I didn't vote for him though, but I'm just saying I can see how the above may irritate some people.

What did remlap do to get on this list? If he's the guy with Bob Barker or whomever in his avvy I only remember him making posts regarding satellite TV stuff or something. Of course that could be someone else in which case I have no idea what he's posted. No offence.

Probably because if you're a novice, you won't have a clue what he's going on about as he loads his posts with jargon. For example:

There will be no picture difference between 1080i and 1080p unless your panel is native 1920 x 1080 line.For alot of older set they are 1024x768 default resolution, and with the lower resolution you cant tell the difference, in newer sets their native resolution is 1920 x 1080 so the image will have to de interlace any interlaced material before viewing resulting in poorer picture imo.Interlacing is a standard only used in broadcasting for a PS3 / XBOX360 everything will be progressively scanned (each frame is scanned from top to bottom each time)Toshiba 42X3030 which Lawz posted, we have had one for a few weeks and had a bit of test compared to a 1024x768 back projection set, and have had it running component and then a HDMI into the back projection set on SKY HD, honestly it took a lot of fine adjusting picture wise and it not good unless your willing to adjust for your viewing specifications.

To me, that's a bunch of numbers and means nothing.

Probably because if you're a novice, you won't have a clue what he's going on about as he loads his posts with jargon. For example:

There will be no picture difference between 1080i and 1080p unless your panel is native 1920 x 1080 line.For alot of older set they are 1024x768 default resolution, and with the lower resolution you cant tell the difference, in newer sets their native resolution is 1920 x 1080 so the image will have to de interlace any interlaced material before viewing resulting in poorer picture imo.Interlacing is a standard only used in broadcasting for a PS3 / XBOX360 everything will be progressively scanned (each frame is scanned from top to bottom each time)Toshiba 42X3030 which Lawz posted, we have had one for a few weeks and had a bit of test compared to a 1024x768 back projection set, and have had it running component and then a HDMI into the back projection set on SKY HD, honestly it took a lot of fine adjusting picture wise and it not good unless your willing to adjust for your viewing specifications.

To me, that's a bunch of numbers and means nothing.
Agreed. I started a thread once asking a wee little question - whats better for the Xbox360 720p or 1080i as I'd only just got a new TV and thought it would be easier to ask than sit swapping them around and trying to spot the difference. Remlap answered, at least I think it was an answer, it may have been a question, or a code being broadcast to any listening aliens, I honestly couldn't tell you.I also get the feeling he does it on purpose.

Ah well least I'm getting noticed, even if its for the wrong reasons.I don't mean to rub people up the wrong way, I'm just trying to help, but some people think I am prick it seems.

Edited by remlap

Can I please vote again for Mab. I've just found out that he's 27, that he refuses to post his photo on the internet because of his job, and that he's just made me chuckle in regards to a rhetorical question.Check out page 2 of the Stevie Richards thread and try not to laugh.

Ah well least I'm getting noticed, even if its for the wrong reasons.I don't mean to rub people up the wrong way, I'm just trying to help, but some people think I am prick it seems.

It's not that you're a prick at all, it's just that you're overcomplicating things by explaining in a way that you understand, but that nobody else can grasp. Simplify things or use more lehman's terms, and you may get more praise for the knowledge you obviously have on the subject.

• Moderators

Can I please vote again for Mab. I've just found out that he's 27, that he refuses to post his photo on the internet because of his job, and that he's just made me chuckle in regards to a rhetorical question.Check out page 2 of the Stevie Richards thread and try not to laugh.

As great as that is, I think the funniest and stupidest thing I've read on here today has to be -

Apparently there were a couple of Kiddie fidlers who came onto the UKFF looking to groom a few candidates, unfortunately because we are all so arrogant and unwelcoming they were mercilessly picked on and drummed out of here within a couple of weeks.

Is that a true story?